[1.7.10] Boundless Expanse-A different take on FTB Infinity

Fortanono

Aug 25, 2015
So as to my ideas for improving the tech tree, some of the buildcraft things have had their recipes removed for the time being if you haven't noticed. I have a couple ideas as to where to put them to make them optional in the tech tree like thaumcraft is for magic.
Cool! I have made one change to the tech tree right now that I have wanted for a while: Substrate is made with Raw Plastic instead of HDPE being made with Plastic Sheets, therefore restoring the uses for Substrate.

Fortanono

Aug 25, 2015
Version 1.2.0 has been submitted and will be added to the launcher shortly. Here is the changelog:

Mods Added:
  • AppleCore
  • Food Expansion
  • AgriCraft
Mods Removed:
  • Dynamic Surroundings (For selfish reasons in that I alone felt it was annoying. If enough people disagree I will add it back in.)
Mods Updated:
  • EnderCore
  • FluxedCore
  • OpenComputers
Config Changes:
  • Big Reactors stuff now requires Steel and Hardened Glass instead of Iron and regular Glass.
  • Disabled the fireworks that go off after EVERY. SINGLE. ACHIEVEMENT.
  • AgriCraft does not have weeds, resource crops or the ability to plant Magical Crops seeds in its crop sticks.
Script Changes:
  • New "Nature Tree" added, courtesy of Erindalc.
  • Overhauled the evil magic path to require more Witchery to be equal with Blood Magic.
  • Tweaked the recipes to various magic items: AM2 Runes, Magical Fertilizer, Natura and Gaia Pylons, and the Cascading Synthesizer (to make Angel's Steel earlier game).
  • Magical Crops no longer require runes; instead, they require Pixie Dust and Pasture Seeds of a certain type.
  • Much of the recipes for Baubles no longer require the opposite moral path, easier recipes for Thaumcraft are still included.
  • HDPE bug fixed; however, it is now Substrate that has changed, requiring Raw Plastic instead of HDPE requiring the Sheets.
  • The Still, used to make Ethanol from Biomass, has a harder recipe now.
  • The Fusion Reactor frames now require BR Reactor Casing, Atomic Alloy and a Draconic Core.
  • Changed Angel Ring recipes to be harder.

Reactions: MrTest

Fortanono

Aug 25, 2015
Hey, the download link for the update had a decryption code needed, so I had to resend it. Hopefully it's faster this time. Oh, and I forgot to mention I added Buildcraft Compat.

spcsting

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if it is fixed in the next patch, but inventory tweaks seems to be disconnecting users from the server. if a chest is sorted it disconnects them

Fortanono

Aug 25, 2015
Not sure if it is fixed in the next patch, but inventory tweaks seems to be disconnecting users from the server. if a chest is sorted it disconnects them
Really? I'll try and look into that. It isn't fixed, but the patch is out, BTW.

EIDT: Wait, are you playing on MrTest's server? It says here that some server plugin is conflicting, and so it's likely not within the base pack. More info here: https://github.com/Inventory-Tweaks/inventory-tweaks/issues/66

Last edited:

Fortanono

Aug 25, 2015
Since I know nothing about how Custom Main Menu works, the whole thing is magenta and black checkers. There will be a hotfix to change that.

spcsting

Jul 29, 2019
Really? I'll try and look into that. It isn't fixed, but the patch is out, BTW.

EIDT: Wait, are you playing on MrTest's server? It says here that some server plugin is conflicting, and so it's likely not within the base pack. More info here: https://github.com/Inventory-Tweaks/inventory-tweaks/issues/66

No I'm running my own server. I have fixed the issue by adding inventory tweaks to the server. I usually do that anyway since inventory tweaks is annoying with mana tablets unless it is on the server.

Fortanono

Aug 25, 2015
1.2.1 (the server hotfix) is out, but foolish me didn't know how to make server files. 1.2.2 will be different, as I shamelessly copied the ServerStart files from Drastic and did everything else. Also, a few building mods are added, plus Highlands Integrator.

Also, I want your opinion: ENDERIO OR NO?

Bluedog had opposed EnderIO as it was a fully-featured tech mod and we had two of those. However, it adds the Inventory Panel which can be an earlier ME system for the pack, and the Conduits which are very useful overall. It wouldn't have to be as big a deal as TE or Mek, either, just something in the background.

spcsting

Jul 29, 2019
I personally love EnderIO so I would be all for it being added to the pack. It is also very AE friendly since it can accept and push out of the same side.

Fortanono

Aug 25, 2015
I personally love EnderIO so I would be all for it being added to the pack. It is also very AE friendly since it can accept and push out of the same side.
What would you think would be a good recipe for Binder Composites? I thought about making them use the Plastic Recipes but with Compressed Sawdust or Bio Fuel, but it would then take away the point of using the Inv. Panel as a replacement for AE, as AE is also in the Plastic Age. However, Conduits in general should be high up there due to the flexibility of them as pipes. I may just find another replacement for an ME system and gate the Conduits, not sure.

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
The pack doesn't really need Ender IO. AE2 isn't so late game anyway. I'd rather add logistics pipes and integrate it into early game.

Fortanono

Aug 25, 2015
The pack doesn't really need Ender IO. AE2 isn't so late game anyway. I'd rather add logistics pipes and integrate it into early game.
Alright, that's a good point. You can take care of that since you're doing some of the tech and I know next to nothing about LP. :p

spcsting

Jul 29, 2019
Do you need to gate the binder composites? You could gate the other parts of the conduit recipe. That allows you to tier the conduits so that the low end are available early on but the high end aren't available for much later.