[1.7.10] Boundless Expanse-A different take on FTB Infinity

Wraithflay

Jul 29, 2019
So, I have a few potentially odd questions for you kind folks. Just finished reading over all 7 pages of this thread, but forgive me if I missed something.

1) Anyone know how well this works on a LAN? My wife and I often like to LAN a world and play together, but some mods notably have issues on LAN for whatever reason, such as Botania's baubles.
2) How friendly would you say this pack is to a casual core player? Despite playing modded Minecraft for years, I've always been very light on automation. Haven't ever built a quarry, and I think I've made a single ExtraUtils based sorting system once a year or two ago?
3) Are all paths expected to be taken? If I were to focus on, for example, the Evil Magic path, how far would that take me?
4) I recently got to try out Realistic Terrain Generation and quite enjoyed the results. Didn't catch if there's anything like that in the pack, but if not, would RTG work alright in the pack if I added it?

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
So, I have a few potentially odd questions for you kind folks. Just finished reading over all 7 pages of this thread, but forgive me if I missed something.

1) Anyone know how well this works on a LAN? My wife and I often like to LAN a world and play together, but some mods notably have issues on LAN for whatever reason, such as Botania's baubles.
2) How friendly would you say this pack is to a casual core player? Despite playing modded Minecraft for years, I've always been very light on automation. Haven't ever built a quarry, and I think I've made a single ExtraUtils based sorting system once a year or two ago?
3) Are all paths expected to be taken? If I were to focus on, for example, the Evil Magic path, how far would that take me?
4) I recently got to try out Realistic Terrain Generation and quite enjoyed the results. Didn't catch if there's anything like that in the pack, but if not, would RTG work alright in the pack if I added it?

1. Ive not tested it, but ive never heard of the problems you've described either.
2. You will want to automate in this pack, but quarries and such are pushed to very late game. It's not a bad time to learn how if you aren't familiar.
3. Nope, but to get to the higher level parts of the path, you must do the early level things. I believe some super high end (draconic evolution? Not sure off the top of my head) requires things from multiple paths, and high level bee machines do as well
4. It shouldn't cause a problem, but you might want to make a test world first, and if there are issues remove the Highlands mod.

Reactions: Wraithflay

Fortanono

Aug 25, 2015
I believe some super high end (draconic evolution? Not sure off the top of my head) requires things from multiple paths, and high level bee machines do as well
Don't think so. Your call as to whether the bees do so, but not Draconic I don't believe.

Reactions: Wraithflay

Wraithflay

Jul 29, 2019
1. Ive not tested it, but ive never heard of the problems you've described either.
2. You will want to automate in this pack, but quarries and such are pushed to very late game. It's not a bad time to learn how if you aren't familiar.
3. Nope, but to get to the higher level parts of the path, you must do the early level things. I believe some super high end (draconic evolution? Not sure off the top of my head) requires things from multiple paths, and high level bee machines do as well
4. It shouldn't cause a problem, but you might want to make a test world first, and if there are issues remove the Highlands mod.

Don't think so. Your call as to whether the bees do so, but not Draconic I don't believe.
Much appreciated! Once we've got a pretty stable version out I think I'll give things a poke then and see how it works. Thank ya kindly!

O

Obuw

Getting an error at startup. Forestry requires FML 4.0.0.0.

I'll update FML myself, but just wanted to give you a heads up. :)

Edit: Sorry, I misread it. The actual error is:

Forestry: minimum version required is 4.0.0.0.

Fortanono

Aug 25, 2015
Getting an error at startup. Forestry requires FML 4.0.0.0.

I'll update FML myself, but just wanted to give you a heads up. :)

Edit: Sorry, I misread it. The actual error is:

Forestry: minimum version required is 4.0.0.0.
Forestry needs to be updated, I guess. Not Forge. And... It appears that I removed Forestry. :p

EDIT: On closer inspection, server files seem to be fine. But the client needs updating.

EDIT 2: Same freakin' problem with the mods! Y'know, I'm obviously not qualified to update a modpack, I'll just give up after this release.

EDIT 3: ...Okay then. Updated to the new version, pretty much LOST my new scripts right now. Literally neither of the scripts for the steam path or EnderIO are in there.

I'm rolling back to 1.2.3. Seriously, I've lost the actual scripts I had by foolishly updating my modpack instance that contained them. Unsure on whether anything will return; I only tweaked a few recipes in the steam path, and Erin has a plan for something else that EnderIO would render useless.

Last edited:
O

Obuw

Damn, that's a bummer. Well, no worries, I backed up my world so I just reverted to the previous version.

And don't you dare think you aren't qualified, the modpack is amazing. :) I can relate though, getting a release out can be stressful.

Perhaps you could consider using some kind of version control for the files? Like SVN, or Git? Makes it much less stressful to work with stuff, knowing you have access to all the old versions of the files to fall back to. (I use Assembla for free SVN hosting.)

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019
Just a question, how do you have steam scripts?

Last I checked MT dropped support for Flaxbeard's.

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
*waves* Hello.
Just wanted to start the modpack and wondering: is it best to use version 1.2.3 or 1.3 now? :)

Modpack sounds very interessting, that's why I want to try it. A bit sad to hear this latest update issue demotivates you :( Hope it's just a short termed phase.

Fortanono

Aug 25, 2015
Actually, I have them I believe.

And I didn't use Flaxbeard's. Actually just removed the recipe for the Crucible-related stuff and changed them to use the Rolling Machine.