[1.7.10] TolkienCraft II - Adventure Awaits! - v2.9.5[QUESTS][ADVENTURE][NORMAL MODE]

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Update v2.8.10
  • Core Mods Updated
    • Brandon's Core
    • Forge (now version 1566)
  • Mods Updated
    • Biome's O Plenty
    • BuildCraft
    • DecoCraft
    • Draconic Evolution
    • Extra Cells 2
    • FastCraft
    • Gravestones
    • Lord of the Rings
    • MystCraft
    • Rogue-like Dungeons
    • TolkienTweaks
  • Configs Changed
    • Updated rogue-like so the new tower types should spawn now
  • Other Changes
    • Main map template updated to fix a few issues reported with house builders in WyvernHaven
    • A couple of main line quests updated to be more efficient and less prone to breakage
    • A couple of test areas for a new protection method
    • Npcs returned from vacation
    • New Music on some areas (Thanks Sn0w!)
Should be available on the launcher later today or tomorrow.

Last edited:

Dźwiedziu

Jul 29, 2019
The server version (EDIT: 2.8.10) crashes at startup, before mod loading:
[15:58:00] [Server thread/ERROR]: Encountered an unexpected exception
cpw.mods.fml.common.MissingModsException:
Missing Mods:
Forge : [10.13.4.1566,)

at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.sortModList(Loader.java:260) ~[Loader.class:?]
at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.loadMods(Loader.java:493) ~[Loader.class:?]
at cpw.mods.fml.server.FMLServerHandler.beginServerLoading(FMLServerHandler.java:87) ~[FMLServerHandler.class:?]
at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler.onServerStart(FMLCommonHandler.java:314) ~[FMLCommonHandler.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.func_71197_b(DedicatedServer.java:117) ~[lt.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:387) [MinecraftServer.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer$2.run(MinecraftServer.java:685) [li.class:?]

I've tried to remove Mad Help, but it did not help. I'm currently looking what other client-only mods I can remove.

EDIT 2: none found, so I'm stuck. Full log: http://pastebin.com/NXzHfRtU

Last edited:

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I noticed that issues AFTER I sent in the package...try the one directly on github under releases. If that one is broken too I will just have to rebuild it, but the version of the server package on curse should only have the madhelp issue.

Also you need forge version 1566

Dźwiedziu

Jul 29, 2019
ticed that issues AFTER I sent in the package...try the one directly on github under releases. If that one is broken too I will just have to rebuild it, but the version of the server package on curse should only have the madhelp issue.
Checking out master worked (yay for bleeding edge!). But I can't run it because of two different issues for 32 and 64 bit java (each has it's one, separate stuff from this modpack).

Dźwiedziu

Jul 29, 2019
Under Linux and with the server 64 bit java hangs randomly and periodically (ab)using two cores to 100%.
strace at such event spams the log with
Code:
[pid  ${child_PID}] sched_yield()               = 0
32 bit works normally with other packs and is a workaround for the above issue, but with TolkienCraft it says
Code:
Could not reserve enough space for 3145728KB object heap
I can start the server when I set -Xmx1650m, which ends soon as this amount of memory is not sufficient.

I'll also post the 64 bit issue to a more general subforum and/or /r/feedthebeast soon.

EDIT: the 64 bit issue does not appear if I run the server on the laptop I use for the client. #brainbroken
So please disregard this issue, as it seems hardware-related.

Last edited:

Emyprial

Jul 29, 2019
Hi I'm not sure if I'm asking in the right place but for the Ancient Warfare Warehouse I am unable to sort by input in the warehouse controller i can only search by: name, damage (whatever that means) and quantity. Was this function changed in an update or am i doing something wrong?

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Under Linux and with the server 64 bit java hangs randomly and periodically (ab)using two cores to 100%.
strace at such event spams the log with
Code:
[pid  ${child_PID}] sched_yield()               = 0
32 bit works normally with other packs and is a workaround for the above issue, but with TolkienCraft it says
Code:
Could not reserve enough space for 3145728KB object heap
I can start the server when I set -Xmx1650m, which ends soon as this amount of memory is not sufficient.

I'll also post the 64 bit issue to a more general subforum and/or /r/feedthebeast soon.

EDIT: the 64 bit issue does not appear if I run the server on the laptop I use for the client. #brainbroken
So please disregard this issue, as it seems hardware-related.
Glad you could track it down to some cause, that is a bit weird for sure.
Hi I'm not sure if I'm asking in the right place but for the Ancient Warfare Warehouse I am unable to sort by input in the warehouse controller i can only search by: name, damage (whatever that means) and quantity. Was this function changed in an update or am i doing something wrong?
The AW warehouse has been a bit buggy for inventory functions I have noticed but it has not been updated in a bit and they are most likely working towards 1.8 now. I personally just resign to using name search anymore :p

drakeon88

Jul 29, 2019
is there no bree cause when i quick travel there from the stable master in hobbiton i appear in the ground and the location for the next quest is also in the ground its the one where you have to head to the inn

drakeon88

Jul 29, 2019
i downloaded 2/2 but forgot 1/2 added that one last night but i guess sense the world was already loaded it wouldnt add the area in?

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Well, the maps are built within the middle earth dimension and are intended to compliment that mods terrain, so any missing areas will fill in with auto terrain gen.

A

Andorig

Hello o GreatOrator, I am having an issue with the Carnow's Medallion quest not completing. I downloaded today the newest version and after some teething issues got the server running (play at home with my daughters). I have done a fair bit of searching for the issue. Initially command blocks were disabled, fixed that and confirmed it was fixed as initially Elmn wouldn't do anything for us and after restart he gives us quest books and changes game mode to survival. Interestingly he wasn't setting questing on, I did this on the server console. I have killed Carnow at least 20 times, pre the fix and post the fixes. The respawn rate for him and his lackeys seems around 20 minutes. I killed him in an enclosed environment and physically walked through each block with open inventory space, there was nothing to pick up. I did this with both my daughters help and solo (she hadn't completed the previous quest and we thought that might be nerfing it). We played the previous 1.6.4 version some time ago and want to get into the new pack and see all that has been built, I have both content packs installed. Thanks for your work on this pack and it's great to see you so active on the forums.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
So this is one of the quests that you have to use the HQM book in conjunction. I had moved the medallion to the book since it was an issue if you were in a party everyone would have to kill Carnow to get it, with the book, if everyone is in a party then only needs to be killed once then the book gives everyone the medallion.

A

Andorig

ok, the hqm book isn't working, right click to open it and nothing happens. I asked Elmn to turn on questing mode and he does nothing, the conversation ends. I entered /hqm quest on the server console, I haven't opped my character, I prefer to play not opped, do I need to do it on the character or should the server console command have worked?