[1.7.10] TolkienCraft II - Adventure Awaits! - v2.9.5[QUESTS][ADVENTURE][NORMAL MODE]

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
So by default I have the pack set to mob griefing off, and for good reason (lot's of hard work went into builds, did not want them inadvertently destroyed by a rogue creeper or such). So if you turned it back on and it is still not working then not sure why that is happening.

EDIT: for the AW crash, will try to replicate later today.

Reactions: FireTarget

pndragon65

Jul 29, 2019
I figured out how to research The Wheel. I was using hopper that I had gotten from a reward bag (what else can I possibly use 48 hoppers for? Almost as bad as trying to figure out how to use 12 ender chests!) and the research station wanted one made from scratch. Is there a recipe for the iron gear set? There isn't one in NEI or the research book and while gears are mostly interchangeable, the research station seems to require the AW version. No solution for Tactics yet.

There also doesn't seem to be a recipe for the witch's cauldron.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
I will look into those too, have not had any other reports of those as of yet. though, have you made sure you \have researched the gear yet?

pndragon65

Jul 29, 2019
I will look into those too, have not had any other reports of those as of yet. though, have you made sure you \have researched the gear yet?
I have reached a point where I cannot proceed any further without the gear set (researching Machinery). There is no iron gear set recipe. No wood gear set recipe either. There IS a steel gear set recipe. It is part of the AWCore and does not need the engineering station to be crafted but can be made using a standard crafting table.

When I was making the iron bushings, I found that they too could be made at a crafting table but not on the TC crafting station. The switch button does not seem to appear on anything other than the vanilla crafting table.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Tried that, opened with winrar and it says the file is corrupted.
Just tested and it downloaded fine for me, may be your internet not liking the download for some reason.
I have reached a point where I cannot proceed any further without the gear set (researching Machinery). There is no iron gear set recipe. No wood gear set recipe either. There IS a steel gear set recipe. It is part of the AWCore and does not need the engineering station to be crafted but can be made using a standard crafting table.

When I was making the iron bushings, I found that they too could be made at a crafting table but not on the TC crafting station. The switch button does not seem to appear on anything other than the vanilla crafting table.
Yeah, that has been mentioned that it only works in vanilla tables

readytodream

Jul 29, 2019
hey again

I was visiting DragonBurg and noticed in the map room the top right corner of the map on the wall is actually the missing person poster, might wanna change that :)

pndragon65

Jul 29, 2019
Finally got Tactics researched. If you ever get a chance, perhaps you should add an AW quest line. For my money, it offers one of the most interesting power systems as well as an outstanding take on AE-like automation/storage/crafting using NPC's.

Still need the gear sets so I can reach a point where I attain flight.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
hey again

I was visiting DragonBurg and noticed in the map room the top right corner of the map on the wall is actually the missing person poster, might wanna change that :)
Will check that, the wanted person poster is being replaced with a new method as it is because there were some uncontrollable issues with using the map version...as you can see.

M

MokahTGS

So the troll is not hostile and we can't complete this quest. Not sure what to do...

Rishenda

Jul 29, 2019
So the troll is not hostile and we can't complete this quest. Not sure what to do...

Q: I can't hit [insert name of boss] Your pack is so broken!

A: Yeah, no. First you can fix this by speaking to Elmn on the docks (Command blocks MUST be enabled for this to work) then go back and talk to the NPC for that branch of the quest (Commander, Captain, Reder himself) to get back on track.

ZephyrWindSpirit

Jul 29, 2019
Finally got Tactics researched. If you ever get a chance, perhaps you should add an AW quest line. For my money, it offers one of the most interesting power systems as well as an outstanding take on AE-like automation/storage/crafting using NPC's.

Still need the gear sets so I can reach a point where I attain flight.
Another thing: if you are trying to use any of the materials (sticks, coal, gold, etc) out of the reward bags, they will not work. Fully vanilla items.

Reactions: GreatOrator
A

AwesomeGamerMC

Welp i just crashed after trying to look up the crafting recipe for the golden laurel crown from botania

A

AwesomeGamerMC

Crash log?

Does noone any good to report a crash but no log to research why. and use a pastebin link please.

just found out where crash log is, just waiting for post with pastebin link to be reviewed, the pains of creating new account to report crash

Last edited:

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Looks like NEI is at it again. Will have to hope there is an update in order to fix it...again.

For now just use the botania book to look up the recipe.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
So based on the log, the server is at java 7 and a number of mods are requiring java 8 now. See if your server admin can update java for you.

Reactions: Rastem88