[1.7.10] TolkienCraft II - Adventure Awaits! - v2.9.5[QUESTS][ADVENTURE][NORMAL MODE]

A

Andorig

I just opped myself, entered the appropriate command, which responded with questing mode already enabled, deopped and the book is still not opening. Went back to your great self to pickup the quest again, book still not working.

A

Andorig

A bit more research and I found that in config/hqm/editmode.cfg the entry B:UseEditor=true was set, changed that to false, restarted server and the book now works, I'll report back further if I still have issues.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
was just going to mention...found that out a few days ago, but it is such a minor fix did not want to push out a completely new update for just that config change, glad to see you found it.

Dźwiedziu

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe it's a minor fix, but the bug is major :p

Not the mention that the
Code:
cpw.mods.fml.common.MissingModsException
issue is fixed in the bleeding edge only (at least ~12 hrs ago).

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
In the first paragraph? To the
Code:
B:UseEditor=true was set
Ahh, but yeah, it is not a major bug, a bug would be something wrong is the code actually. This was just a flag set incorrectly in the config and easy enough to fix. The line you posted is actually normal since there are mods client side that don't exist in the server because they are client only so that error is generated because of the mismatch. Completely normal actually. The editor flag only prevents people from opening the book on a server since server editing is disallowed.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
At this time no. There is a bug in the new version that causes major issues with potion effects and as of now they have not tried to even find a resolution beyond that it was my fault...

Death_Rictus

Jul 29, 2019
Installed over the weekend, the map is just beautiful.

Got to the ancient, sent out to the middle of nowhere, landed in a plains and though "sweet, perfect landing spot"... Then I realized that every block that should have been dirt was instead a Rohirric Crafting Table. Did some wandering and figured out it was only happening in vanilla biomes, the BoP biomes generated normally. Not a game breaker for sure, but has anyone else run in to this issue?

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Installed over the weekend, the map is just beautiful.

Got to the ancient, sent out to the middle of nowhere, landed in a plains and though "sweet, perfect landing spot"... Then I realized that every block that should have been dirt was instead a Rohirric Crafting Table. Did some wandering and figured out it was only happening in vanilla biomes, the BoP biomes generated normally. Not a game breaker for sure, but has anyone else run in to this issue?
@Death_Rictus I did, just forgot to report it (they do make a good fuel for Endoflames... ^_^')
Yeah, been several reports of this. After much research it appears to be coding related to an extent (the way block ID's are handled in some mods) and narrowed it down to potentially being chococraft. Issue is, removing chococraft renders the map broken beyond repair and going back to LotR mod vB27 does the same. At this point I have reported it to both mod devs in the hopes a solution can be found (since this only started with the vB28 update of the LotR mod) but may not be fixed. From our testing it looks like it is specifically river and plains biomes this happens in.

It does not help that the LotR mod apparently has hard-coded certain block ID's which I assume is to make use of the unused ID's in the vanilla range, unfortunately this is partially what causes the issue since forge should be handling all block assignments.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Because when forestry updated to 4.0 they rewrote block code which means every forestry block in the existing map would disappear

C

Cbass97

Is anyone else having trouble getting the water staff? I get to the dungeon and it shows I completed it but it won't let me talk to the water staff or get the staff

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Is the chest still a regular chest or the NPC chest?

If the regular chest, you will need to update the default map, if NPC chest, what happens when you right click on it?

There was a change in the quest in the 2.8.10 update that fixed the broken staff quest (broken because the redstone in place to make sure the staves were there had a large tendency to break for some reason and made it impossible to do the quest.

Last edited: