[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think that I've ever had a ghast shoot at me unless it could see me. I have had times when it's had a perfect line of sight to me and shot away and I can't see it (I assume that it can see my feet or something).
These ones are doing it constantly. barrages, one after another. I am mining in a tunnel system that is completely closed off from the outside. The top of every block is covered by a upside down half slab if it is at all possible. None of the half slabs are place without a full block underneath them. The area is completely enclosed in full solid blocks.

Here is an example of the kinda area I'm talking about. Where this has happened.
2015-11-05_20.36.33.png

2015-11-05_20.36.37.png

Edit 001:
Some time between the previous post I made on this subject and this one they stopped shooting at me. I had the volume muted most the time (I find there cries very disturbing. The fact that it sounds like there a multiple of them isn't helping). When I un-muted the volume they had stopped firing. Though I can still here their constant cries. I don't know if it had anything with the window being out of focus or not. I was researching non-game related things on the net.

Last edited:

paradoxbomb

Jul 29, 2019
Did anyone else just have their Curse launcher say that there was an update for the pack, only for the update to revert it back to 0.8.2? How can I fix it?

Silwing

Jul 29, 2019
Did anyone else just have their Curse launcher say that there was an update for the pack, only for the update to revert it back to 0.8.2? How can I fix it?

If you read just a few pages back more than a couple of people mentions this. So the answer to your first question is yes. How you can fix it; I believe there is a versions tab in the curse launcher where you can manually choose to install version 0.8.3. It is also a possibility that you can revert from a backup. In your curse launcher installation directory there is a directory called Backups, here you will find a backup for packs you have updated, you can then copy that backup into the Instances directory and overwrite your downgraded instance. If you're playing single player you might want to keep the world from your Instances directory and put that back in after overwriting from Backups.

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
Was going to write a big long post. Will just sum it up as "678 pages, 677 of those are 20 posts long. That 13,540 posts, if my calculator didn't bug out somehow.". So make sure to read the entire thing before you post. As you might find your question has been answered, or you bug reported, or your statement is a repeat of one made thousands of posts ago. Failure to do so will result in you being insulted, ridiculed, or shamed for your ignorance.

Reactions: Draconicrose

Silwing

Jul 29, 2019
Was going to write a big long post. Will just sum it up as "678 pages, 677 of those are 20 posts long. That 13,540 posts, if my calculator didn't bug out somehow.". So make sure to read the entire thing before you post. As you might find your question has been answered, or you bug reported, or your statement is a repeat of one made thousands of posts ago. Failure to do so will result in you being insulted, ridiculed, or shamed for your ignorance.
The forum has a search function, exactly to prevent that you have to read 10k+ posts. Searching is not that hard.
Furthermore I don't really see ridicule or insults being thrown around all that much. Paradoxbomb asked a question which I answered as well as reminding him he could have easily found the answer himself. That's what I see most people do.

If you're too lazy to search the thread to find if anybody else experienced your problem, then don't ask. That just makes you sound stupid. Keep your post to asking for a fix if you're too lazy to use the search feature. Surely some kind soul will then do the work and reference the fix if it has already been provided.

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
I have a suggestion. For anyone that might care for it. We get the Void Chest and bag at some point in the game. Problem is, by having the auto-refil enabled on the inventory, sometimes it's buggy and makes you click on the wrong item (because it is replaced late, or some other silly thing happens). I have destroyed some TC tools this way and was not pleased. So... What do? I made a simple flushing setup. Kind of a recycle bin ingame. Chest>wooden transport pipe with redstone engine>Void chest. When my chest is full of crap I don't need (failed seeds and other shenanigans) I just *insert flushing noises*.

Hope this is useful for some poor soul who is clumsy as I am.

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
Just fully realized something I had been contemplating for awhile. The tinkers' faucet, casting table, casting basin don't require a tinkers' smeltery to function. I was trying out different ways of using what I learned. Mostly trying to speed up the smeltery by draining the liquids off into tanks. Then using casting the ores from that. Haven't gotten that working yet. Still found they all make great alternatives to the system used by mariculture for casting out of its furnace. I still haven't gotten that working all that well.

2015-11-06_05.41.50.png

2015-11-06_05.51.34.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Raetac

Silwing

Jul 29, 2019
Just fully realized something I had been contemplating for awhile. The tinkers' faucet, casting table, casting basin don't require a tinkers' smeltery to function. I was trying out different ways of using what I learned. Mostly trying to speed up the smeltery by draining the liquids off into tanks. Then using casting the ores from that. Haven't gotten that working yet. Still found they all make great alternatives to the system used by mariculture for casting out of its furnace. I still haven't gotten that working all that well.

Pumping smeltery liquids out into tanks and then casting from there sound like a very interesting idea for automating the smeltery. I never got around to properly automating smelting of ores and never thought of pumping the molten metals into tanks. Have to try this out during the weekend - exciting! :) with some diamond fluid pipes it might end up working out quite well.

Reactions: DeathOfTime

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
Pumping smeltery liquids out into tanks and then casting from there sound like a very interesting idea for automating the smeltery. I never got around to properly automating smelting of ores and never thought of pumping the molten metals into tanks. Have to try this out during the weekend - exciting! :) with some diamond fluid pipes it might end up working out quite well.
Sounds good. Found that buckets don't translate to ingots. So thinking of trying nugget casts instead. The second pic was my attempt at moving quicklime to the vat. Don't know how it will turn out though.
2015-11-06_06.21.54.png
The forum has a search function, exactly to prevent that you have to read 10k+ posts. Searching is not that hard.
Furthermore I don't really see ridicule or insults being thrown around all that much. Paradoxbomb asked a question which I answered as well as reminding him he could have easily found the answer himself. That's what I see most people do.

If you're too lazy to search the thread to find if anybody else experienced your problem, then don't ask. That just makes you sound stupid. Keep your post to asking for a fix if you're too lazy to use the search feature. Surely some kind soul will then do the work and reference the fix if it has already been provided.
I keep forgetting that feelings don't travel well on the net. I tend to read feelings wrong even in real life. Not actually being able to see or hear the person just makes it much worse as far as the net. Thanks for the reality check on that. I will try and remember it.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
I have a suggestion. For anyone that might care for it. We get the Void Chest and bag at some point in the game. Problem is, by having the auto-refil enabled on the inventory, sometimes it's buggy and makes you click on the wrong item (because it is replaced late, or some other silly thing happens). I have destroyed some TC tools this way and was not pleased. So... What do? I made a simple flushing setup. Kind of a recycle bin ingame. Chest>wooden transport pipe with redstone engine>Void chest. When my chest is full of crap I don't need (failed seeds and other shenanigans) I just *insert flushing noises*.

Hope this is useful for some poor soul who is clumsy as I am.

I recall disabling the auto-refill because it was rearranging the seeds I was planting.

Reactions: Ashendale

Silwing

Jul 29, 2019
Sounds good. Found that buckets don't translate to ingots. So thinking of trying nugget casts instead. The second pic was my attempt at moving quicklime to the vat. Don't know how it will turn out though.

I does seem a little counter-intuitive that buckets don't translate into ingots, but some mod some time for some reason decided that an ingot is 144 millibuckets or something like that. Weird amount, and every mod wanting to be compatible then used the same amount and now we're stuck with that. I'm thinking of dedicating a casting table to each type of ingot, so it won't matter if a small amount is stuck in there, it will pile up with the next set coming through.

I keep forgetting that feelings don't travel well on the net. I tend to read feelings wrong even in real life. Not actually being able to see or hear the person just makes it much worse as far as the net. Thanks for the reality check on that. I will try and remember it.

Conveying feelings through text is difficult, reading them just as much so. I can see how it can easily be interpreted with a demeaning tone. That was not my intention.
I try to always read internet communication as positive as I can - just to give the author the benefit of the doubt :)

SirSmuggler

Jul 29, 2019
Is it normal vanilla behavior for ghasts to fire at you when they can't see you? I'm mining in a tunnel and the ghasts are constantly firing shots off. I am absolutely certain there is no way for them to see me. What might be causing this to happen?
I've had this happen from time to time. What I found is ghasts that spawn in very tight areas tend to get stuck in the sorrounding netherrack, and when this happens they get x-ray vision through the part of the netherrack they are clipping through. So if they are inside netherrack and there is a continous mass of netherrack from that point to your tunnel, they will see you and fire in your direction.
I hope that made some kind of seense :)

CoderJ

Jul 29, 2019

You don't need the TiC faucet to move molten metals to casting table/casting basin/ingot caster/etc, you can use any form of liquid transport (BC pipes) to pull from the TiC drains. The normal rules for casting apply (no mixing metals, won't work with invalid casts, etc) but it's faster than the TiC faucet and allows more automation (in a non-Regrowth build I had a diamond pipe system that automagically siphoned liquids out of the smeltry and sorted them into tanks... each tank had a gate setup for casting/getting ingots.

fefocwb

Jul 29, 2019
I does seem a little counter-intuitive that buckets don't translate into ingots, but some mod some time for some reason decided that an ingot is 144 millibuckets or something like that. Weird amount, and every mod wanting to be compatible then used the same amount and now we're stuck with that. I'm thinking of dedicating a casting table to each type of ingot, so it won't matter if a small amount is stuck in there, it will pile up with the next set coming through.

Conveying feelings through text is difficult, reading them just as much so. I can see how it can easily be interpreted with a demeaning tone. That was not my intention.
I try to always read internet communication as positive as I can - just to give the author the benefit of the doubt :)

What I did to automate smelters was creating two TC smelters, one for copper, gold and aluminum and another for the rest each one with one drain for each kind of ore. On each drain I attached a pipe with sorting for each kind o metal into an ingot caster or block one... This way never got an ingot stuck into the smeltery. Not at home right now but can send screen shots later if you want. Did this on sky factory but the process can be repeated on regrowth.

Edit: you may want to separate ardite and cobalt too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
You don't need the TiC faucet to move molten metals to casting table/casting basin/ingot caster/etc, you can use any form of liquid transport (BC pipes) to pull from the TiC drains. The normal rules for casting apply (no mixing metals, won't work with invalid casts, etc) but it's faster than the TiC faucet and allows more automation (in a non-Regrowth build I had a diamond pipe system that automagically siphoned liquids out of the smeltry and sorted them into tanks... each tank had a gate setup for casting/getting ingots.
I know. I just find faucets a lot more convenient and less derpy sometimes. They seem to like to fill a container. Not overfill it. So they will stop as soon as needed and not have fluids stuck in them. I remember using a pipe system that might have been similar to yours in agrarian skyes using Thermal ducts. Though I sorted each ore into its own smeltery the first time around. I condensed it down each play through. Usually used the block thing instead of the ingot table. It wasn't like any was going to get wasted if I had managed to set it up right. Which actually did happen. After a little trial and error, on every playthrough.

paradoxbomb

Jul 29, 2019
If you read just a few pages back more than a couple of people mentions this. So the answer to your first question is yes. How you can fix it; I believe there is a versions tab in the curse launcher where you can manually choose to install version 0.8.3. It is also a possibility that you can revert from a backup. In your curse launcher installation directory there is a directory called Backups, here you will find a backup for packs you have updated, you can then copy that backup into the Instances directory and overwrite your downgraded instance. If you're playing single player you might want to keep the world from your Instances directory and put that back in after overwriting from Backups.
Swish. Thanks!

jpm42

Jul 29, 2019
Because its simply impossible to look through if anyone has talked about this I think i have found a bug maybe When I found the bloodied temple through Mysterious maps i broke one of the bone piles and when i tried to stack them with my barrel of bones at home they wouldnt go in and then when i pulled some out and made those 4 into a stack it made a stack of bones with no different NBT from the rest that cannot stack with the rest of the bones and the only recipes that they show up in NEI are the TInker stats for NEI

arisado

Jul 29, 2019
I found a useless dupe bug. In the latest version (0.8.3) to make wheat or barley flour you need pestle and mortar. Each time you craft 1 flour it drops a pestle to the ground but keeps the one in the crafting grid. Changing line 265/266 in misc.zs removing the ".reuse()" removes the duplication.

fefocwb

Jul 29, 2019
I found a useless dupe bug. In the latest version (0.8.3) to make wheat or barley flour you need pestle and mortar. Each time you craft 1 flour it drops a pestle to the ground but keeps the one in the crafting grid. Changing line 265/266 in misc.zs removing the ".reuse()" removes the duplication.

You will find this info / bug in the last 6 or 7 pages very fun this kkkk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Netherus

Jul 29, 2019
Because its simply impossible to look through if anyone has talked about this I think i have found a bug maybe When I found the bloodied temple through Mysterious maps i broke one of the bone piles and when i tried to stack them with my barrel of bones at home they wouldnt go in and then when i pulled some out and made those 4 into a stack it made a stack of bones with no different NBT from the rest that cannot stack with the rest of the bones and the only recipes that they show up in NEI are the TInker stats for NEI
Uh what? o_O that was a REALLY long sentence.