[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Mr Muggles

Jul 29, 2019
What the heck has happened, the version got downgraded and a lot has changed in consequence, harvest golems now rip up the plants instead of just harvesting them, resulting in my whole farm despawning, seriously not happy about that seeing as 10,10,10 osmium seeds are not easy to acquire. I can only recommend if you have a golem farm do not downgrade to where configs have been changed.
To clarify, the golems aren't working properly in the "downgraded" pack because the Agricraft in that version doesn't play well with golems. I'd suggest updating Agricraft manually to the version used in 0.8.3 if you want to use golems in 0.8.2, or just set your launcher to launch 0.8.3 by default instead of the recommended version

Reactions: Draconicrose

amerob

Jul 29, 2019
Hi. I'm relatively new to modded minecraft, but I've been playing Regrowth (slowly) and am really enjoying it. I'm still on v8.1 because I'm a little intimidated by the resetting of the HQM quest book which seems like an inevitability once I upgrade. Does anyone have any tips for a newbie and/or can you give me an idea of how long it might take to get back to my current place after upgrading? Thanks!

Raetac

Jul 29, 2019
Yes but you are speaking as someone who has played this pack multiple times throughout many versions, you'd be considered an expert. :)
Too True

@amerob The quest book reset is not something to be scared of. It comes down to deleting the player.dat file in the world save folder under HardcoreQuesting folder, the going ingame and typing /hqm edit (playername) and using the OP book, completing the tasks you remember doing. And get a tonne of freebies in the proccess

Last edited:
Reactions: Sungak

gijsc1

Jul 29, 2019
Hi. I'm relatively new to modded minecraft, but I've been playing Regrowth (slowly) and am really enjoying it. I'm still on v8.1 because I'm a little intimidated by the resetting of the HQM quest book which seems like an inevitability once I upgrade. Does anyone have any tips for a newbie and/or can you give me an idea of how long it might take to get back to my current place after upgrading? Thanks!
i started playing after this update was released so i don't know what is necessary.
but if you only require a quest book reset and not a world reset, you can easily get back to where you were.
by typing /hqm edit in the chat, you get a glowing version of the quest book.
using this book you can complete quests without fulfilling their requirements.
you just have to remember what quest you already had completed and then use the book to re complete those quests after the reset.

amerob

Jul 29, 2019
thanks @Raetac & @gijsc1 !

another question - I've seen in some others' Let's Plays where if you mouse over a Botania plant (like a hopperhock) it shows the working area of that plant. I can't figure out how to activate that feature - is that part of an upgraded version of Botania?

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
Tried them all when they finally load up i get purple and black square screen and then the game crashes and will fail to load unless i get rid of the texture file
Just to make sure...they are zipped and in the "resourcepacks" folder?
Second just to make sure...have you tried installing them with the FTB launcher?
He shouldn't have any trouble, with or without the client (Sphax is not on the client, and I run it well).

Are you running the game with Optifine? Tweak the settings. For example, I find that Faithful cannot run with connected texture enabled. If they're enabled, I see through walls...

Are you saying you can use none of the textures I mentioned?

EcosVeros

Jul 29, 2019
I recently installed Regrowth to play it. However, I have a low end pc, so I wanted to install Optifine 1.7.10 HD C1 to tweak some of the graphics to make it less CPU and RAM intensive. The game crashes right after forge has finished loading all the prerequisites needed to run the game. Any solutions?

fefocwb

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if some of you go though that but when I reach the Mekanism quest line I already have the crusher crafted and working and HQM didn't notice that. Even putting it on my inventory, it was not the only quest there with same issue so wondering what is the condition to match that, seems to be crafting instead of having it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

unknown zombie

Jan 31, 2013
Florida
i think it would be nice to put a quest that gives you a creeper heart, because this item is very rare :eek:
If you're using a normal weapon, make sure you use one with Looting on it (or just use the Arthana). I think that creepers won't even drop hearts when killed by a normal sword unless it has looting enchant (probably meant to encourage you to use an Arthana).

MrCervelo

Jul 29, 2019
If you're using a normal weapon, make sure you use one with Looting on it (or just use the Arthana). I think that creepers won't even drop hearts when killed by a normal sword unless it has looting enchant (probably meant to encourage you to use an Arthana).
I think I got a creeper heart from a TC Sword with a flint blade. So I don't think that it's hard to get. I got fairly lucky as I had a couple by the time I got around to needing one for the Creeper seeds. And then they're easy.

Reactions: unknown zombie

Everfreefire

Jul 29, 2019
Making the Treefyd seed, as I recall.
It is, I just checked.

And yeah, luck has a lot to do with it more than looting. It took me ages to get one on my first attempt, managed to get it the day before the world corrupted somehow, but on my second attempt I got it well before I could use it to make the seeds.

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
I recently installed Regrowth to play it. However, I have a low end pc, so I wanted to install Optifine 1.7.10 HD C1 to tweak some of the graphics to make it less CPU and RAM intensive. The game crashes right after forge has finished loading all the prerequisites needed to run the game. Any solutions?

Lower specced pcs may have a hard time playing the game with mods. Even worse, with texture packs. But make sure you're not assigning too much RAM as that is worse that giving it too little. Try 2-4GB RAM using a 64x texture pack. And I say 2-4 assuming you have 8. Do not give Minecraft more that half the RAM your pc has.

Edit: That version of Optifine is good. But can you not even run Faithful or John Smith's Legacy pack?

Last edited:

joshuad156

Jul 29, 2019
i think it would be nice to put a quest that gives you a creeper heart, because this item is very rare :eek:
Make the Arthana (a dagger that increases the chance for the heart to drop from killing a creeper) and enchant it to get Looting. If you don't get Looting, just make another, use those Experience seeds to get 30 levels, and enchant another. Repeat until you get Looting. Shouldn't take many kills with that to get a creeper heart.

EcosVeros

Jul 29, 2019
Lower specced pcs may have a hard time playing the game with mods. Even worse, with texture packs. But make sure you're not assigning too much RAM as that is worse that giving it too little. Try 2-4GB RAM using a 64x texture pack. And I say 2-4 assuming you have 8. Do not give Minecraft more that half the RAM your pc has.
I am running Regrowth on my laptop with a single 4GB RAM stick. I also have only dedicated 2GB of said RAM to Regrowth. What intrigues me is that it was working just fine in the past. I am going to download and add to the mod folder a new copy of the "Standard" Addition of Optifine 1.7.10 version C1, if my version that I currently have installed could be faulty.