[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

amerob

Jul 29, 2019
thanks @Raetac & @gijsc1 !

another question - I've seen in some others' Let's Plays where if you mouse over a Botania plant (like a hopperhock) it shows the working area of that plant. I can't figure out how to activate that feature - is that part of an upgraded version of Botania?

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
Tried them all when they finally load up i get purple and black square screen and then the game crashes and will fail to load unless i get rid of the texture file
Just to make sure...they are zipped and in the "resourcepacks" folder?
Second just to make sure...have you tried installing them with the FTB launcher?
He shouldn't have any trouble, with or without the client (Sphax is not on the client, and I run it well).

Are you running the game with Optifine? Tweak the settings. For example, I find that Faithful cannot run with connected texture enabled. If they're enabled, I see through walls...

Are you saying you can use none of the textures I mentioned?

EcosVeros

Jul 29, 2019
I recently installed Regrowth to play it. However, I have a low end pc, so I wanted to install Optifine 1.7.10 HD C1 to tweak some of the graphics to make it less CPU and RAM intensive. The game crashes right after forge has finished loading all the prerequisites needed to run the game. Any solutions?

fefocwb

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if some of you go though that but when I reach the Mekanism quest line I already have the crusher crafted and working and HQM didn't notice that. Even putting it on my inventory, it was not the only quest there with same issue so wondering what is the condition to match that, seems to be crafting instead of having it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

unknown zombie

Jan 31, 2013
Florida
i think it would be nice to put a quest that gives you a creeper heart, because this item is very rare :eek:
If you're using a normal weapon, make sure you use one with Looting on it (or just use the Arthana). I think that creepers won't even drop hearts when killed by a normal sword unless it has looting enchant (probably meant to encourage you to use an Arthana).

MrCervelo

Jul 29, 2019
If you're using a normal weapon, make sure you use one with Looting on it (or just use the Arthana). I think that creepers won't even drop hearts when killed by a normal sword unless it has looting enchant (probably meant to encourage you to use an Arthana).

I think I got a creeper heart from a TC Sword with a flint blade. So I don't think that it's hard to get. I got fairly lucky as I had a couple by the time I got around to needing one for the Creeper seeds. And then they're easy.

Reactions: unknown zombie

Everfreefire

Jul 29, 2019
Making the Treefyd seed, as I recall.

It is, I just checked.

And yeah, luck has a lot to do with it more than looting. It took me ages to get one on my first attempt, managed to get it the day before the world corrupted somehow, but on my second attempt I got it well before I could use it to make the seeds.

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
I recently installed Regrowth to play it. However, I have a low end pc, so I wanted to install Optifine 1.7.10 HD C1 to tweak some of the graphics to make it less CPU and RAM intensive. The game crashes right after forge has finished loading all the prerequisites needed to run the game. Any solutions?

Lower specced pcs may have a hard time playing the game with mods. Even worse, with texture packs. But make sure you're not assigning too much RAM as that is worse that giving it too little. Try 2-4GB RAM using a 64x texture pack. And I say 2-4 assuming you have 8. Do not give Minecraft more that half the RAM your pc has.

Edit: That version of Optifine is good. But can you not even run Faithful or John Smith's Legacy pack?

Last edited:

joshuad156

Jul 29, 2019
i think it would be nice to put a quest that gives you a creeper heart, because this item is very rare :eek:

Make the Arthana (a dagger that increases the chance for the heart to drop from killing a creeper) and enchant it to get Looting. If you don't get Looting, just make another, use those Experience seeds to get 30 levels, and enchant another. Repeat until you get Looting. Shouldn't take many kills with that to get a creeper heart.

EcosVeros

Jul 29, 2019
Lower specced pcs may have a hard time playing the game with mods. Even worse, with texture packs. But make sure you're not assigning too much RAM as that is worse that giving it too little. Try 2-4GB RAM using a 64x texture pack. And I say 2-4 assuming you have 8. Do not give Minecraft more that half the RAM your pc has.

I am running Regrowth on my laptop with a single 4GB RAM stick. I also have only dedicated 2GB of said RAM to Regrowth. What intrigues me is that it was working just fine in the past. I am going to download and add to the mod folder a new copy of the "Standard" Addition of Optifine 1.7.10 version C1, if my version that I currently have installed could be faulty.

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
I am running Regrowth on my laptop with a single 4GB RAM stick. I also have only dedicated 2GB of said RAM to Regrowth. What intrigues me is that it was working just fine in the past. I am going to download and add to the mod folder a new copy of the "Standard" Addition of Optifine 1.7.10 version C1, if my version that I currently have installed could be faulty.
Doubt it's the Optifine, but hey, you never know. What Regrowth version are you running? I seem to recall that 0.8.3 had Aqua Tweaks disabled by default. But since they changed the release version back to 0.8.2 I don't know if it can be an issue...

Also, try this (you might have turned up an option inadvertently), if you haven't already: minimize all video options. Turn off all particles. Everything you can think of in the options menu. With all options turned off, see if you get good graphics/fps. Then turn them on/up one by one and try to find whats messing with your game. Takes time, but it is the only true troubleshooting method I know on this game...

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
Question: Mariculture Bottle of Natural Gas quest - do I have to find a gas pocket, take an air pump with me, fill a tank and only after fill a bottle? Or can I just fill a bottle as soon as I hit a pocket?

Rokuma

Jul 29, 2019
Question: Mariculture Bottle of Natural Gas quest - do I have to find a gas pocket, take an air pump with me, fill a tank and only after fill a bottle? Or can I just fill a bottle as soon as I hit a pocket?
You can't use the bottle in the air, you have to take the airpump/tank but you really only need the 2 buckets worth in that tank for the bottle to count

Reactions: Ashendale

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
Is it normal vanilla behavior for ghasts to fire at you when they can't see you? I'm mining in a tunnel and the ghasts are constantly firing shots off. I am absolutely certain there is no way for them to see me. What might be causing this to happen?

MrCervelo

Jul 29, 2019
Is it normal vanilla behavior for ghasts to fire at you when they can't see you? I'm mining in a tunnel and the ghasts are constantly firing shots off. I am absolutely certain there is no way for them to see me. What might be causing this to happen?

I don't think that I've ever had a ghast shoot at me unless it could see me. I have had times when it's had a perfect line of sight to me and shot away and I can't see it (I assume that it can see my feet or something).

Reactions: DeathOfTime