[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

SeaWind5982

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe before redownloading go creative and see if graves are there? If you die in creative than you know something is really buggy.

MakakPL

Jul 29, 2019
so here is how squids react to this :

its funny ...
its seems like a effect given by underwater plans ( underwater swirl ) but why its killing me and game is saynig i fell out form the world ?

Last edited:

SeaWind5982

Jul 29, 2019
Umm is it a hungry node at that location? hungry nodes like to attract thing and people and kill them off like the squids are atm. Also i found the item i was looking for in botania to help me get rid of water its a bucket with 2nd tier mana ingots which can be used to get rid of liquid instead of holding it.

Maxxgold

Jul 29, 2019
I get this error when trying to view the help menu. /help
It kicks me off the server and I have to re log on.

Regrowtheror.PNG

Last edited:

SeaWind5982

Jul 29, 2019
Maka i think theres some werid nodes because i just started thaumcraft and was noob poling up to it since it was high in the middle of a crater i got thrown up in the air for no reason and died. I think if theres no hungry nodes than maybe some kind of node that gives random effects or attacks?

Ria

Jul 29, 2019
Umm is it a hungry node at that location? hungry nodes like to attract thing and people and kill them off like the squids are atm. Also i found the item i was looking for in botania to help me get rid of water its a bucket with 2nd tier mana ingots which can be used to get rid of liquid instead of holding it.

I've been killed with the node that pulls you in and then eventually kills you with falling damage... I assume it's the hungry node, it was pulling blocks out of the landscape into it. And if you're in a certain radius there's simply no getting away... creative mode flight keeps it from pulling you if you're annoyed enough with it, and it doesn't appear to eat gravestones.

Fumblemore24

Jul 29, 2019
Flowers link to spreaders when they're planted, but won't link to new spreaders that are placed down afterwards. Shift-right click your Wand of the Forest on the air to put it in bind mode, then Shift-Right click a flower and then the spreader to link it to the spreader.
thank you, it's all working now :)

balbo1221

Jul 29, 2019
so here is how squids react to this :

its funny ...
its seems like a effect given by underwater plans ( underwater swirl ) but why its killing me and game is saynig i fell out form the world ?
it is a hungry node from thaumcraft they kill you and absorb any block near it to create essence

SeaWind5982

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry, but it definitely sounds like a hungry node. Even the death message makes sense, as if you died to the damage from the node the game would interpret it as falling out of the world since it deals void damage.

Thought so when i looked at the squid picture it looks like the node is right above there head. Hungry nodes are annoying to deal with but if you can get it into a jar its very useful for later thaumcraft.

MakakPL

Jul 29, 2019
it is a hungry node from thaumcraft they kill you and absorb any block near it to create essence
hungry node dont kill player by throwing them out of the world and i will by not able to move form it ( its not my first rodeo with this pack :) ) goggles of revealing don't show nodes in area ( but near my grave uderwater masive lagg )

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Thought so when i looked at the squid picture it looks like the node is right above there head. Hungry nodes are annoying to deal with but if you can get it into a jar its very useful for later thaumcraft.

I'm not seeing any nodes in that picture. There are a couple of 'death puffs' (the particle effect when a mob dies), but those look different from a node, both with and without the Goggles. (And like Maka, I've seen actual hungry nodes in this pack. SeaWind's description of a huge crater is spot-on for a hungry node.)

Reactions: MakakPL

Kmad

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not seeing any nodes in that picture. There are a couple of 'death puffs' (the particle effect when a mob dies), but those look different from a node, both with and without the Goggles. (And like Maka, I've seen actual hungry nodes in this pack. SeaWind's description of a huge crater is spot-on for a hungry node.)
The crater is only going to show up if it's had time to pull things in. I'm pretty certain it's still gonna be a hungry node. I can't see any reason there would be a swarm of squid above water beyond that, not to mention that neither screenshot really would show the node. First, because he's dead. Second, because he probably isn't wearing goggles. Third, because it's surrounded by squid. Makes it quite difficult to see ;)

Don't forget Occam's Razor, now. It'd be REALLY strange/unusual for this to be a bug, and makes much more sense for it to be a known and programmed part of one of the mods in this pack.

MakakPL

Jul 29, 2019
The crater is only going to show up if it's had time to pull things in. I'm pretty certain it's still gonna be a hungry node. I can't see any reason there would be a swarm of squid above water beyond that, not to mention that neither screenshot really would show the node. First, because he's dead. Second, because he probably isn't wearing goggles. Third, because it's surrounded by squid. Makes it quite difficult to see ;)

Don't forget Occam's Razor, now. It'd be REALLY strange/unusual for this to be a bug, and makes much more sense for it to be a known and programmed part of one of the mods in this pack.
Squids have been spawn by me to test mobs interaction with this bug ...

Kmad

Jul 29, 2019
Squids have been spawn by me to test mobs interaction with this bug ...
To test this "bug", could you also spawn in some goggles of revealing and show me the space they were drawn to?

My own testing.

These two are without goggles of revealing.
2015-09-29_10.09.30.png 2015-09-29_10.10.40.png

These two are with goggles of revealing.
2015-09-29_10.09.35.png 2015-09-29_10.10.29.png

Reactions: Phil__M

Featherbrain

Jul 29, 2019
On a later-game note, what unlocks the Certus Certification now? I've unlocked all the quests in the 'tech' page now (after removing my player.dat for upgrading from 0.7.4), and that's the only thing missing I believe.

Not a biggie at this point - I had already grabbed the essence a while back - just wondering what I may have missed. I had no Mekanism items (or barely any tech really), so I knew this was relatively safe to upgrade. :)
I got it after the refinary quest. maybe you need some osmium ingots.

SeaWind5982

Jul 29, 2019
Well considering i started early game and wasn't paying attention to my surroundings since it was like 20-40 blocks away from a the connor of my base i give the node had plenty of time to make a crater. Especially if i just like to idle and not watch my computer. I'll get a picture in creative of my hungry node its a thing of beauty i say the crater was i didn't even notice it until i was node hunting haha.