[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Ozzymud2

Jul 29, 2019
How would you suggest automating thermal lily? i know i can produce lots of lava but never actually automated it for lilies before.

My favorite of the 2 methods is the Serenade of the Nether, use 8 floating thermals around it and stagger planting times you can get by with 2 spreaders, so that only one flower is out of cool-down at a time.

I just need to find an easier method then pushing coven witches across the map to the well of suffering. Without a lasso or safari net it is a pain :p

Both methods using floaters or not can be placed in a 3x3 hole as to not worry about flooding the base with lava.

Kmad

Jul 29, 2019
My favorite of the 2 methods is the Serenade of the Nether, use 8 floating thermals around it and stagger planting times you can get by with 2 spreaders, so that only one flower is out of cool-down at a time.

I just need to find an easier method then pushing coven witches across the map to the well of suffering. Without a lasso or safari net it is a pain :p

Both methods using floaters or not can be placed in a 3x3 hole as to not worry about flooding the base with lava.
I have mine set up similarly, though I have 1 spreader per 2 thermalilies. Staggering their placement is all well and good, but you lose that staggered timing as soon as you reach capacity in your mana pools.

SeaWind5982

Jul 29, 2019
true coven witches are a pain but why do you need to get them to a well of suffering? make a diamond dolly and take up some witch spawners easy as pie while keeping the useful coven witches alive.

Reactions: Kmad

Kmad

Jul 29, 2019
2015-09-27_20.55.32.png
Fire Essence Farm, with harvesting robot, spectranthemum, and daffomills
2015-09-27_20.54.16.png
Pipe from Lava tank to Flood Gates
2015-09-27_20.51.25.png
Thermalily setup. I have two of these running concurrently.
2015-09-27_20.57.55.png
Smeltery, converts harvested fire essence into lava. This fuels in turn fills the lava tank, the smeltery fuel tank, and the generators to power the harvester bot.

Attachments

• 2015-09-27_20.51.25.png
    2015-09-27_20.51.25.png
    784.8 KB · Views: 69
  • 2015-09-27_20.54.16.png
    2015-09-27_20.54.16.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 85
Reactions: Draconicrose

Sungak

Jul 29, 2019
I'm curious why you'd need one spreader for a pair of thermalillies? One normal spreader (with a composite lens) is working just fine for 10 in my setup (need to bump it to 12 at some point), though my mana needs went down drastically once I stopped using it for RF.

I re purposed the pit I had my original 'Hydro' Tower in; its now a one-level thermalily system, fed by a dedicated fire seed farm that I'm spreading nearby. A Mariculture smelter is doing the lava work, in turn fed (for now) by the natural gas picked up in another quest; it can switch back to lava easily enough, or just collect more gas.

For RF power, I decided to take the Fuel route. There's a massive oil well near my base - so far I've collected or processed the equivalent of two OpenBlock Barrels, and that's only taken care of the stuff above surface level (!). That should take care of my nominal power needs for the foreseeable future, even with AE running. Three combustion generators running the core power seems to do fine (180 RF/t), and I can double that if needed. Still need to figure out a buffer system for 'big burst' stuff like the lasers.

Fumblemore24

Jul 29, 2019
I am having problems with Botania and mana generation. I don't know what I'm doing wrong here. The dayblooms and nightshades don't detect the spreader, and i'm not generation any mana into the pool or the spreader its self. If anyone could help me out with this, it would be much appreciated.
IbwFEdm.png
RMYevxt.png

Last edited:

Rivalyn

Jul 29, 2019
I am having problems with Botania and mana generation. I don't know what I'm doing wrong here. The dayblooms and nightshades don't detect the spreader, and i'm not generation any mana into the pool or the spreader its self. If anyone could help me out with this, it would be much appreciated.

Flowers link to spreaders when they're planted, but won't link to new spreaders that are placed down afterwards. Shift-right click your Wand of the Forest on the air to put it in bind mode, then Shift-Right click a flower and then the spreader to link it to the spreader.

Reactions: Nightpearl

Sungak

Jul 29, 2019
On a later-game note, what unlocks the Certus Certification now? I've unlocked all the quests in the 'tech' page now (after removing my player.dat for upgrading from 0.7.4), and that's the only thing missing I believe.

Not a biggie at this point - I had already grabbed the essence a while back - just wondering what I may have missed. I had no Mekanism items (or barely any tech really), so I knew this was relatively safe to upgrade. :)

Fl3x

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,

I'm having an issue with agricarnation. They not seems to be working. Here's my setup, something wrong...? Does anyone having the same issue?
2015-09-28_09.03.44.png

Kmad

Jul 29, 2019
I'm curious why you'd need one spreader for a pair of thermalillies? One normal spreader (with a composite lens) is working just fine for 10 in my setup (need to bump it to 12 at some point), though my mana needs went down drastically once I stopped using it for RF.

My Thermalilies tend to run all at once, at this point, and I've observed that my spreaders aren't able to keep up with production of more than 2 at a time. I made that call when I saw (using my wand) that both the mana pool and one or more of the linked flowers were completely full on mana during a burn phase. With the extra mana spreaders, I'm able to ensure I get 100% of the mana produced by the thermalilies during their uptime. I find I need quite a bit, since I'm terraforming (cracked sand > dirt) a large area with my rod of the lands + rod of the shifting crust. So far I've terraformed a ~400x500 block area, and I intend to keep that going for a good while. It's always interesting to get back to base and see my 15 or so formerly full mana pools at 1/5 or less each.

Warplord

Jul 29, 2019
This is a known issue that's waiting on a mod to update to be fixed. I don't know if this will work, but Buildcraft has robots that might do the trick - you should be able to make them and the related infrastructure as long as you've got access to diamonds and redstone.
New agricraft is here! Golems work JUST FINE now! Awesome stuff!

SeaWind5982

Jul 29, 2019
Umm did you happen to have mana in your inventory? i normally have a ring of aura or a tablet on hand since its required if you read the book about it. For the rod of shifting and that did you happen to have a full mana suit? It i think you need like a stack and a half of mana string turn it into fabric than make armour, it gives a 35% mana reduction on mana tools and all that and increases the rods effects i believe.

Rivalyn

Jul 29, 2019
botania ring of chordata is buggy ? :

after 200 blocks of swimming ded .. first time that happened to me :)

You still need to have the Mariculture Snorkel or the Diving Helmet because you lose breath too rapidly for the ring of Chordata to refill before you take drowning damage.

MakakPL

Jul 29, 2019
You still need to have the Mariculture Snorkel or the Diving Helmet because you lose breath too rapidly for the ring of Chordata to refill before you take drowning damage.
No you don't need it .. if you look at the screenshot i am on top of the water and message from game is saying that i am fall out of the world :) now i will make second ring ang go to check if i have grave ( but i seriously doubt that )

Snaitf

Jul 29, 2019
Are your Slate and Dead Wood still showing up properly? I have to admit, I wasn't expecting that turning it on would be needed.

Still looks fine on my end, all the textures showing up as expected. My computer likes to do things backwards. x.x

MakakPL

Jul 29, 2019
so i went to place where i died and it happens for a second time i lost control over my character and RIP ( i will try to redownload pack )