[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Snaitf

Jul 29, 2019
I know that this usually only affects the Dead Wood and Slate, but have you tried turning off Anisotropic Filtering in your Video settings? It also might be helpful if you could put your logfile up on pastebin and link it here (or put it in a spoiler.) That way someone who is familiar with such things can look to see if there are any texture errors showing up perhaps.

Well, Anisotropic was already off, but I turned it up to 4 and lo and behold! All the textures are showing up now. x.x Thank you!

lblackburn

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,

I started a new regrowth world after downloading 0.8.2 and got stuck on the You Sap quest.

I obtained in my inventory more than four different saplings from ExtraBiomes and six Spruce saplings but the quest still won't detect my progress.

I also tried the manual detect button but it is disabled for this quest.

I am playing Regrowth 0.8.2 in Single player mode.

I know I can use hqm edit to cheat my way past this but I would rather not at this time.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Ps

I searched posts for "sapling" and "sap" that were posted after Sep 17 2015 but my searches were unsuccessful at finding other posts with the same problem.

Edit: I have 4 Oak saplings now and the quest still doesn't detect so.

Last edited:

JadeDrgn

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,

I started a new regrowth world after downloading 0.8.2 and got stuck on the You Sap quest.

I obtained in my inventory more than four different saplings from ExtraBiomes and six Spruce saplings but the quest still won't detect my progress.

I also tried the manual detect button but it is disabled for this quest.

I am playing Regrowth 0.8.2 in Single player mode.

I know I can use hqm edit to cheat my way past this but I would rather not at this time.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Ps

I searched posts for "sapling" and "sap" that were posted after Sep 17 2015 but my searches were unsuccessful at finding other posts with the same problem.

Edit: I have 4 Oak saplings now and the quest still doesn't detect so.
I went by the quest rather smoothly, though I believe I might have had 4 different saplings? I'm not sure, could try that though see if it works.

Kmad

Jul 29, 2019
To clarify, the "Mysterious Map" seems to kick anyone who uses it on the server. Doesn't seem to be an issue in single player.
Definitely related to one of my server-side mods.

edit: Seems to be related to ServerTools-Core and ServerTools-Permission. Suppose I'll have to go without them for now :\

Last edited:

mariska

Jul 29, 2019
i have a problem to. i have never worked with golems. so after looking at some video's, i made them.
the thaumium golems were looking the best, but when i want them to harvest, it breaks all my crops.
i have tried to give it a upgrade to make it smarter en that he could replant the seeds. but that doesn't work.
the seeds i get back are some corrupted. i can not scan or plant them again. not all the seeds are like that, but some of them.
so i put my golems back in the chest for now, hoping someone can tell me what to do...☺
did i get the wrong golems for this? or is it a a fault from the pack? please help.. ☺

ps.. GREAT PACK!!! LOVE PLAYING IT!!!

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Definitely related to one of my server-side mods.

edit: Seems to be related to ServerTools-Core and ServerTools-Permission. Suppose I'll have to go without them for now :\
Oh that's helpful to know. I'll pass it on to the dev of ACE. And it kinda makes sense if that's the case, the permissions module completely overrides vanilla server permissions stuff, while the way the maps work is by running a command to spawn a ruins structure, which ACE provides an option to bypass op requirement to do. So ServerTools is probably just throwing a hissyfit about a command being run by non-ops.
Also, for those who hadn't realized yet - the mysterious maps are the secret feature.

Rivalyn

Jul 29, 2019
i have a problem to. i have never worked with golems. so after looking at some video's, i made them.
the thaumium golems were looking the best, but when i want them to harvest, it breaks all my crops.
i have tried to give it a upgrade to make it smarter en that he could replant the seeds. but that doesn't work.
the seeds i get back are some corrupted. i can not scan or plant them again. not all the seeds are like that, but some of them.
so i put my golems back in the chest for now, hoping someone can tell me what to do...☺
did i get the wrong golems for this? or is it a a fault from the pack? please help.. ☺

ps.. GREAT PACK!!! LOVE PLAYING IT!!!

This is a known issue that's waiting on a mod to update to be fixed. I don't know if this will work, but Buildcraft has robots that might do the trick - you should be able to make them and the related infrastructure as long as you've got access to diamonds and redstone.

mariska

Jul 29, 2019
This is a known issue that's waiting on a mod to update to be fixed. I don't know if this will work, but Buildcraft has robots that might do the trick - you should be able to make them and the related infrastructure as long as you've got access to diamonds and redstone.

NEVER MADE THEM, BUT I'M GOING TO TRY. THX !!

SeaWind5982

Jul 29, 2019
either buldcraft robots or forestry tree farms also work but i was looking at the botania book since i was looking for the flower to disable my ring but does the bee genetic flower suppose be elf knowledge? i think its a little to advance for normal flower xD. its called Hibeecus, thought i should bring it to bee lovers attention since it helps get rid of the genetic problems on bees for a crap ton of mana and 2 days of work.

Reactions: fimbrethil

Kenidy

Jul 29, 2019
I am playing in a SMP server and any tc arcane infusion not working. I contacted the admin and he said it was a problem with the pack. Is this a bug or something? I have the research for it and even the essentia.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Well, Anisotropic was already off, but I turned it up to 4 and lo and behold! All the textures are showing up now. x.x Thank you!

Are your Slate and Dead Wood still showing up properly? I have to admit, I wasn't expecting that turning it on would be needed.

lblackburn

Jul 29, 2019
I went by the quest rather smoothly, though I believe I might have had 4 different saplings? I'm not sure, could try that though see if it works.

I relaunched regrowth and reloaded my world and now have the following saplings in my immediate inventory:

Rainbow Eucalyptus Sapling x1 from ExtrabiomesXL
Cypress Sapling x1 from ExtrabiomesXL
Jungle Sapling x2 from Minecraft
Acacia Sapling x2 from Minecraft
Vermillion Autumn Sapling x2 from ExtrabiomesXL
Acacia Sapling x1 from ExtrabiomesXL
Japanese Maple Sapling x1 from ExtrabiomesXL
Hawthorn Sapling x1 from Witchery
Birch Sapling x1 from Minecraft
Sakura Sapling x1 from ExtrabiomesXL
Alder Sapling x1 from Witchery
Spruce Sapling x16 from Minecraft
Rowan Sapling x1 from Witchery
Bald Cypress Sapling x1 from ExtrabiomesXL
Citrine Autumn Sapling x1 from ExtrabiomesXL
Japanese Maple Shrub Sapling x1 from ExtrabiomesXL
Dark Oak Sapling x1 from Minecraft
Redwood Sapling x2 from ExtrabiomesXL
Fir Sapling x1 from ExtrabiomesXL
Oak Sapling x4 from Minecraft

Did I corrupt the questing data or something? Maybe I should backup my world and redownload???

Edit: somehow I must have corrupted the questing data without realizing it...
I backed up my worlds, re download regrowth 0.8.2 and restored my saves and launched minecraft. Now the quest book detects that I have four saplings.

Last edited:

Veriity

Jul 29, 2019
I have no idea what is going on... when I loaded Regrowth this morning, it wouldn't launch. All kinds of texture and mod errors I've never seen before. I deleted and re-installed the pack, no luck. I tried playing only a single player game.. no luck there, either. Anyone else having this issue? I ran the game last night without any problems.

Adagiovibe

Jul 29, 2019
Excuse the stupid question, but is it safe to assume that updating certain mods, like Botania would effectively break the quests in this pack? I'd like to give this pack a try but noticed that the Botania version is pretty old.

Rivalyn

Jul 29, 2019
Excuse the stupid question, but is it safe to assume that updating certain mods, like Botania would effectively break the quests in this pack? I'd like to give this pack a try but noticed that the Botania version is pretty old.

In latest version of Regrowth, Botania is only 2 versions out of date and Vazkii updates Botania a lot. Shouldn't be a problem to update usually, unless you're using an ancient version of Regrowth.

Reactions: Adagiovibe

Adagiovibe

Jul 29, 2019
In latest version of Regrowth, Botania is only 2 versions out of date and Vazkii updates Botania a lot. Shouldn't be a problem to update usually, unless you're using an ancient version of Regrowth.

I should have realized that checking the mod versions on the Google Docs page instead of simply checking the changelogs was utterly stupid of me. Thanks!

SeaWind5982

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone else haveing problems with the band of aura? thinking since i idle alot i use it to fill mana tablets or is that not how its used? I can't seem to get it to give any mana even after idling for like an hour.

Kmad

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone else haveing problems with the band of aura? thinking since i idle alot i use it to fill mana tablets or is that not how its used? I can't seem to get it to give any mana even after idling for like an hour.
Well, it works fairly slowly, and you need to be wearing it. Whenever I've used it in the past it has been enough to keep up with tool/armor damage, but not much else.