[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

d9phoenix

Jul 29, 2019
Interesting. I fresh installed regrowth on curse voice, started a new world, and those were my results (netherwart grows in sl < 15). Are you using an upgraded install on FTB by chance? I wonder if the two packs are behaving differently.

Reinstalled from the FTB launcher, new world. I was using the quest reward netherwart + soul sand from the nether portal quest.

Tatsuran

Jul 29, 2019
I have some problems with Regrowth pack
1) Hopper timer with pistons is not working - pistons require block update to push a redstone block
2) Cactus plants give cactus green instead of cactus itself, so i can't transform it into slime with botania catalyst. And there's no other ways of getting cactus.

Has someone solved this?

joshuad156

Jul 29, 2019
Reinstalled from the FTB launcher, new world. I was using the quest reward netherwart + soul sand from the nether portal quest.

I installed fresh from FTB Launcher just to see if it made a difference, but still the same result from me. Even did /HQM EDIT and took those rewards, but still not able to reproduce your problem. I'm not having any trouble with Netherwart. Any chance you're playing on a server? Are you using Windows/Linux/Mac? What version of Java? This is very peculiar.

lkL8VYw.png

Zedrik

Jul 29, 2019
1) Hopper timer with pistons is not working - pistons require block update to push a redstone block
2) Cactus plants give cactus green instead of cactus itself, so i can't transform it into slime with botania catalyst. And there's no other ways of getting cactus.

Has someone solved this?
Some things in agricraft you need to use shears. I know you can get actual botania flowers from the agricraft crops flowers if you use shears on a plant that can give 2 petals. Maybe try shears on a cactus crop?

Reactions: An0nymuS

snapcube

Jul 29, 2019
How many pipes do you have coming out of them? I think you need 4 pipes from the industrial?
One golden pipe for the steam. As I said: the engines themselves show 80 rf. If they don't have enough steam, they show less. Is here anybody who is using the steam engines in this pack and has the same/other observations?

GeneralLeeInept

Jul 29, 2019
In 0.8.0, Netherwart grows fine in light, but refuses to grow in direct sunlight (sl=15). However, mushrooms require dark rooms to grow (rl<8).

Pretty sure in the last version (0.7.4?) Netherwart needed to be almost completely out of sunlight (sl<8 maybe?) to grow.

In that case the netherwart thing sounds exactly like the agricraft bug discussed on github - I can't post URLs yet (too noob) but it's issue 322 if anyone wants to take a peek. Basically it was noted that setting brightness 0-15 meant the crop would only grow up to light level 14, dev acknowledged an off by 1 issue and said it is fixed already. I guess not released though as the pack has the latest beta.

Mushrooms don't have a brightness setting in the minetweaker script so that would probably explain them requiring such low light, I might have a go at changing the minetweaker script myself and test whether they'll grow at light level 14.

Edit: Just tested adding these two lines to the agricraft minetweaker script and sure enough mushrooms would then grow at light level 14 but still not sl=15:
Brightness.set(seedShroomBrown, 0, 15);
Brightness.set(seedShroomRed, 0, 15);

Last edited:

ToxicFallenAngel

Jul 29, 2019
In that case the netherwart thing sounds exactly like the agricraft bug discussed on github - I can't post URLs yet (too noob) but it's issue 322 if anyone wants to take a peek. Basically it was noted that setting brightness 0-15 meant the crop would only grow up to light level 14, dev acknowledged an off by 1 issue and said it is fixed already. I guess not released though as the pack has the latest beta.

Mushrooms don't have a brightness setting in the minetweaker script so that would probably explain them requiring such low light, I might have a go at changing the minetweaker script myself and test whether they'll grow at light level 14.

Edit: Just tested adding these two lines to the agricraft minetweaker script and sure enough mushrooms would then grow at light level 14 but still not sl=15:
Brightness.set(seedShroomBrown, 0, 15);
Brightness.set(seedShroomRed, 0, 15);
Can you set the 15 to be 16? Or will it not accept that?

lw03

Jul 29, 2019
just spawned in a brand new world next to this should i setup here or run as far away as possible o_O

Attachments

• 2015-08-27_02.42.57.png
    2015-08-27_02.42.57.png
    435.4 KB · Views: 60

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019

Has someone solved this?
1) Vanilla thing, use sticky pistons.
2) That's on purpose, you now get cactus blocks by harvesting with shears in hand when at gain of 4 or higher (as you get half as many cactus blocks as cactus green, and with less than gain 4 you would only get 1 green, half of which rounds down to 0)

SpawnMoarOverlords

Jul 29, 2019
Do you have any buildcraft fluid pipes connected to mariculture tanks/machines? Buildcraft fluid pipes and mariculture don't always like each other. If so and if you can, when the problem starts try breaking the fluid pipes and see if the problem stops. This is a problem that I had.
I don't believe we do but I shall check tomorrow.

The admin of my server looked over my crash logs and said it looked like it was MultiMC freaking out over something specifically about our base, though what we aren't sure. If I just kill the process for MultiMC after my client is up and running, that seems to alleviate any symptoms of choppy performance.

However, since Curse Launcher has picked up Regrowth, I'm running through that and had zero problems with performance other than the standard clunky performance from my computer (only 6GB of RAM and the video card is only so-so). I run Optifine and Fastcraft as well as FPSPlus with the appropriate java arguments but I'm still lucky to pull 20-25 FPS in this modpack. I think it's just a lot of stuff going on and it slows me comp down.

Anyhoo, I consider this solved for now, but I will check on the BC pipes to Mariculture machines thing. I do have some diamond kinesis pipes running from the mariculture water turbine we built to my AE system. I suppose that could be the BC/MC thing not mixing well and will try replacing with something like universal cables or w/e instead.

Thanks!

Amadeus99

Jul 29, 2019

The admin of my server looked over my crash logs and said it looked like it was MultiMC freaking out over something specifically about our base, though what we aren't sure. If I just kill the process for MultiMC after my client is up and running, that seems to alleviate any symptoms of choppy performance.

However, since Curse Launcher has picked up Regrowth, I'm running through that and had zero problems with performance other than the standard clunky performance from my computer (only 6GB of RAM and the video card is only so-so). I run Optifine and Fastcraft as well as FPSPlus with the appropriate java arguments but I'm still lucky to pull 20-25 FPS in this modpack. I think it's just a lot of stuff going on and it slows me comp down.

Anyhoo, I consider this solved for now, but I will check on the BC pipes to Mariculture machines thing. I do have some diamond kinesis pipes running from the mariculture water turbine we built to my AE system. I suppose that could be the BC/MC thing not mixing well and will try replacing with something like universal cables or w/e instead.

Thanks!
That sounds like the problem I had. The buildcraft pipe/mariculture issue was causing a LOT of log spam which my computer really didn't like. I only noticed this problem with fluid pipes, not kinesis pipes. If you do find that kinesis pipes hooked to the mariculture water turbine are indeed also able to cause that problem, it would be interesting to know in case anyone else has this problem in the future.

As an aside, unless something has changed, I found the power output from water turbines to be too low to be of much use. But it has been many months since I tried that.

d9phoenix

Jul 29, 2019
I installed fresh from FTB Launcher just to see if it made a difference, but still the same result from me. Even did /HQM EDIT and took those rewards, but still not able to reproduce your problem. I'm not having any trouble with Netherwart. Any chance you're playing on a server? Are you using Windows/Linux/Mac? What version of Java? This is very peculiar.

Windows 7 and single player, i updated java to 1.8 because of some random crashes. I have since tracked the problem down to the harddrive. I actually lost that world due to data corruption this morning (hence the memory problems). Tomorrow i will create a new world and cheat my way there to see if it is still doing it.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019

Thanks!
Yeah... something might be sending a weird log format and nLog(the logs parser) does not like it. The difference with curse launcher is that it uses the MC launcher that gets closed when MC starts. If it stayed open, it would probably cause the same issues, since nLog is used by MC launcher/MultiMC/FTB.....

Also, since you only have 6Gb of RAM, try allocating only 3Gb to MC. 3 is still enough for Regrowth and frees up some memory to the system. Windows does not like to see low free RAM and with only 2Gb left for everything else on the system, you probably end up with very low free memory and Windows starts heavily using the disk page file, which does not help at all your PC....

Nanimonai

Jul 29, 2019
I just made a new world to give Regrowth a try and I really need to compliment the narrator.
Usually I am more the type to read things myself, but this time ... oh this time I think an exception is in order.

piter50

Jul 29, 2019
One golden pipe for the steam. As I said: the engines themselves show 80 rf. If they don't have enough steam, they show less. Is here anybody who is using the steam engines in this pack and has the same/other observations?

Sorry, my bad. The problem I had was from my boiler i had only one pipe coming out to feed my engine. I wasn't producing enough energy until I connected 4 pipes to the boiler and sent 4 times the steam to the engines. Only then did it start producing the advertised power. Sounds like yours is a slightly different issue.

snapcube

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry, my bad. The problem I had was from my boiler i had only one pipe coming out to feed my engine. I wasn't producing enough energy until I connected 4 pipes to the boiler and sent 4 times the steam to the engines. Only then did it start producing the advertised power. Sounds like yours is a slightly different issue.
If you had to use 4 pipes, it must have been cobblestone (10 mb/tick), while the industrial engines need 40 mb/tick. So 1 quartz pipe should be enough. You can also attach the engines without any pipes directly to the boiler.

Too sad, as this was supposed to be my main power source. So the questin remains: Is there anybody out there who is using a steam boiler in regrowth and has actually verified the rf output of the engines, or would be so kind to do so?