[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

PenguinzUNITE

Jul 29, 2019
I dont know how to make slabs because you need a crafting table to make slabs but you need slabs to make a crafting table any help?

MadTinkerer

Jul 29, 2019
Just ran into a couple of strange bugs with the latest 0.73 release. I tried to drain 1000mb of Milk from a Mariculture portable tank with a vanilla bucket and the game wouldn't let me (the bucket wouldn't click). I could however milk a cow and get the bucket, then try to fill the tank - I would get the animation but it wouldn't work. I could also put the milk I just milked into another tank that was empty, no problem there. I even tried to use BC pipes to pipe the "bugged" milk out of the tank into a new one, but while the fluid would enter the BC pipes just fine, it wouldn't enter the Mariculture tank. Eventually I just piped it to a void pipe to get rid of it.

Milk that I've gathered since I've updated seems to work fine, I wonder if some sort of ID changed someplace - or it could just be a Mariculture bug (I wouldn't be surprised, it has a lot of tiny little bugs).

Secondly, it appears I can no longer shift+left click items from my inventory into any of the Baggins Tier 2 backpacks that I am carrying. This is, to put it mildly, quite an annoyance.

Delgar3

Jul 29, 2019
I dont know how to make slabs because you need a crafting table to make slabs but you need slabs to make a crafting table any help?

You can make a crafting table by using a fully repaired axe and dead wood or any wood for that matter. It tells you in the quest book. :)

Inngrimsch

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to change my nether spawn? i feel like i have the most horrid spawn ever (middle of a lava lake quite high and tons of ghasts flying arround...) already tried building a new portal about 500blocks away from the first and i still spawn in the same place <.<

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to change my nether spawn? i feel like i have the most horrid spawn ever (middle of a lava lake quite high and tons of ghasts flying arround...) already tried building a new portal about 500blocks away from the first and i still spawn in the same place <.<
You'll need to disable the Nether-side of the portal and then kill yourself -- assuming you don't have a pick to break it, you can use TNT right next to the portal. Once the portal is off (and you have died and returned to the overworld), you can build a new one (perhaps in the same direction that looks good in the Nether), and it should spawn you to a new nether portal, hopefully in a better place.

Rakankrad

Jul 29, 2019
Why is black magic evil? If I use it for good, does it still classify as evil? What about time/space magic?
Those would fit more into a Red Mage arsenal. And black magic is considered evil because of what it does (raises the dead, curses, etc). All types of magic can be used for good or evil, but they're still classified as a specific type due to their inherent nature

aasl57

Jul 29, 2019
I was playing 0.6.5, my task remaining 87% of the first eight.
Other tasks should be completed.
Are there tips on how to complete it?
minecraft.jpg
minecraft02.jpg

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
That mana fluxfield... it kinda obsoletes every other power source huh? A single mana tablet / half mana pool generates 5,000,000 RF in just a few minutes. I setup a combustion engine full of oil, let it run, and got a bit over 500,000 RF in the same amount of time (used up about half the oil). An industrial steam engine with a whole lotta steam, only a few hundred thousand... not to mention those require so much more infrastructure than a few endoflames and a coal dropper.
Is there any good reason to use any of the other engines once you can make a fluxfield (which is pretty darned cheap..)?

Vonsch

Jul 29, 2019
That mana fluxfield... it kinda obsoletes every other power source huh? A single mana tablet / half mana pool generates 5,000,000 RF in just a few minutes. I setup a combustion engine full of oil, let it run, and got a bit over 500,000 RF in the same amount of time (used up about half the oil). An industrial steam engine with a whole lotta steam, only a few hundred thousand... not to mention those require so much more infrastructure than a few endoflames and a coal dropper.
Is there any good reason to use any of the other engines once you can make a fluxfield (which is pretty darned cheap..)?

I am pretty happy with by Botania power gen. I might later do something with the Mekanism gas-based generation since that looks compact. That's for when I get some big AE2 going and my power needs increase a lot.

Suspect that will be less lag than going above 100 hydros.

Kmad

Jul 29, 2019
I use so much white in my main base (flooring is cypress and the ceilings are marble) to make it feel livable that I try to get away from it in other buildings. So probably no white pyramid. I have some witchery circles (you can just see them in one screenie, last one, I think) near the altar in the grove, but no building for witchery stuff so far. It's all plopped down just outside the main altar grove. Witchery feels more like a druidic mod in many ways. Which makes me think I need my own circle of standing stones along the lines of the spawned ones.

Next time I do one I think it will be sandstone. Redrock would be possible if that were available too. Be interesting for a blood altar. Too bad liquids flow down the carpenter slopes the same as they do down the jagged blocky ones. A river of blood flowing down from the altar would be...well, laggy maybe, but topical.
Red rock is definitely craftable, at least in 0.7.3 ;) 4 Earth essence, and 4 Fire essence.

Vonsch

Jul 29, 2019
Plan B:

WVBEcpd.png

AylR7xN.png

Not sure it's going to work because of the vanilla caging bug. I tossed in about 30-40 stacks of eggs. Already half the chicks have glitched out through the bars. More space would help but my tests suggest the kill range from the altar is VERY small. I think it may be 2 blocks. I didn't test exhaustively though.

But combined with starting bleeding myself, then whacking chickens until they are gone, then doing myself again... maybe. I guess I can assume I won't have enough chickens and quaff a strong regen potion to start.

Wish me luck.

TheGoldCrayon

Jul 29, 2019
Just drop in Journeymap if you want a minimap. I did. Dev has already said he is happy with the Atlas.
Speaking of the atlas, is there any way to make a reliable path on it, so I know where to go? I've wandered off from my house several times with the atlas and always forget which way I'm supposed to go back. The maps in the atlas only show the connections to the next map over, but not a full path.

Vonsch

Jul 29, 2019
Speaking of the atlas, is there any way to make a reliable path on it, so I know where to go? I've wandered off from my house several times with the atlas and always forget which way I'm supposed to go back. The maps in the atlas only show the connections to the next map over, but not a full path.

Check out the Bibliocraft site for more info. I believe there is a way to set and use waypoint in the Atlas.