[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Hexterity

Jul 29, 2019
NEI crashes are discussed in the FAQ I believe. It's a common issue that's also been all over the place lately.

That's a shame, but reading the FAQ it might be the bug where I close the world and then reconnect. In single player I never had to leave the world because it would just pause when I pressed escape. Thanks for your help!

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
No i mean ive been working on it for a while and i think its broke because only opening that world is what was crashing me

Meh, this is modded MC. If you don't suffer at least one or two crashes per pack, you've probably taken over a google server to use for processing. XD
Anyway, the easiest way to start fixing the issue is with more info, so;
-Need your OS, whether it's x64 bit, and what version of Java you're using.
-Try disabling HQM temporarily, see if you can load the world then.
-Have you tried the normal "save and backup, then reinstall modpack/launcher"?
-How much RAM do you have dedicated to FTB right now? (found on the launcher in the options tab)
-How much RAM do you have available on your computer?

jpm42

Jul 29, 2019
Meh, this is modded MC. If you don't suffer at least one or two crashes per pack, you've probably taken over a google server to use for processing. XD
Anyway, the easiest way to start fixing the issue is with more info, so;
-Need your OS, whether it's x64 bit, and what version of Java you're using.
-Try disabling HQM temporarily, see if you can load the world then.
-Have you tried the normal "save and backup, then reinstall modpack/launcher"?
-How much RAM do you have dedicated to FTB right now? (found on the launcher in the options tab)
-How much RAM do you have available on your computer?
Windows 7 64Bit and Java Version 8 Build 40 (build 1.8.0_40-b26) Yes ive tried that,I have 5.5Ram dedicated and a Total of 6GB Total on my PC

Kmad

Jul 29, 2019
Hi guys, I couldnt find this in the word search. I am trying to do more for the 11. the way the world feels. But I only have boiling anticipation and capping show. I tried making goggles but it wont build it. How do i unlock more in this chapter?
thank you
The goggles, and most everything you can make with thaumcraft/addons, won't be craftable until you've researched that item in your Thaumonomicon. That requires you to have Greatwood in order to build a research table. Until you get to Greatwood, your options in Thaumcraft are very much limited.

Kmad

Jul 29, 2019
Its actually changed :( Its now an actual crafting step you have to do to get warded glass. You can't use the focus on it.

Now I have another issue, how do you unlock the glyphs for the thirsty tank from automagy? I want to see what all they can do ( from the screenshots it looks like they may have some capability to milk cows but I can't say for sure)

If I recall, warded glass has been it's own thing since Thaumcraft 3, which wouldn't exactly make it a change. (It is possible that it disappeared for a while with the Wand Focus: Warding, but I can't say). I'm not sure how to unlock the automagy glyphs, to be honest... but I'm really excited to see how dramatic a change the glyph of the resevoir makes. Assuming I'm right in that it would increase tank size. Seems like it would be the easiest way to suck up those oceanic oil wells.

Kmad

Jul 29, 2019
By the way, you can siphon the blood out into a tank until you have how much you need since that's your problem. Then just reverse the flow when you need it.
It's worth keeping in mind that without placing runes to specifically buff transfer speeds, the siphoning and re-inserting process can make a Blast Furnace look fast.
I knew about Well of Suffering from reading this thread. But can't get that until I can get to next tier. I THINK I might be able to make Magician's Orb with bleeding myself if I have a good regen potion or Botania amulet imbued with same. Did make an amulet but have not gotten around to trying again so far. That gold block soaks the life points very fast.

Which was why I was wondering if I could find a way to sacrifice other things in quantity as the LP output is higher for that.

I think I may reconfigure with self sacrifice runes for now, then replace them with the others once I get past this challenge.
The botania amulet w/regen II works wonders, although the blood altar itself will punish you for the regen with a hunger debuff. A healthy mix of self-sacrifice runes and runes of augmented capacity is great (if you can make both of those at this point...)

Vonsch

Jul 29, 2019
It's worth keeping in mind that without placing runes to specifically buff transfer speeds, the siphoning and re-inserting process can make a Blast Furnace look fast.

Yeah, noted this in my research on the process of creating that orb. Need to make that orb to access the upgrade to speed runes too.

The botania amulet w/regen II works wonders, although the blood altar itself will punish you for the regen with a hunger debuff. A healthy mix of self-sacrifice runes and runes of augmented capacity is great (if you can make both of those at this point...)

I can make the self-sacrifice. I made the other one for sacrifice others instead. Seems they can be dynamically swapped around though, so will make an alternate set and try again.

Hunger can be beat pretty easily. The issue isn't so much the total (though that's the proximate cause to the difficulty: the altar only holds something like 25% of what is needed) as it is the rate at which the points are consumed by the altar to infuse the gold block. On tier 2 I could easily replenish my LPs as fast as they were drained. Not so with this one. And from what I can tell you take a penalty if the points aren't in the pool when the altar tries to suck them up.

This is certainly an interesting gate to the next tier. :)

Pretty sure the Magician's Orb is needed to make the augmented capacity runes.

ToxicFallenAngel

Jul 29, 2019
Kmad laying down the knowledge. :p The blood altar does punish regen 2, but NOT regen 1. Making the magic crops extreme regen potion will give regen 1... for 25 minutes... Should be plenty of blood for a magician's blood orb, even without self-sacrifice runes.
Edit: This will cause a ton of lag for a bit, but you could build up a supply of mobs from a trap above the altar to be sitting on it and then whack like 100 of them as your blood supply lowers from full.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kmad

Kmad

Jul 29, 2019
I can make the self-sacrifice. I made the other one for sacrifice others instead. Seems they can be dynamically swapped around though, so will make an alternate set and try again.

Hunger can be beat pretty easily. The issue isn't so much the total (though that's the proximate cause to the difficulty: the altar only holds something like 25% of what is needed) as it is the rate at which the points are consumed by the altar to infuse the gold block. On tier 2 I could easily replenish my LPs as fast as they were drained. Not so with this one. And from what I can tell you take a penalty if the points aren't in the pool when the altar tries to suck them up.

This is certainly an interesting gate to the next tier. :)

Pretty sure the Magician's Orb is needed to make the augmented capacity runes.
If you have speed runes set up on your altar, you might also try replacing those with blank or self-sacrifice runes as well, to slow down the infusion process.

edit: Or is it transfusion?

edit2: should be transfusion, it is blood after all...

EchoingZen

Jul 29, 2019
Been playing the pack quite a bit more lately. Just wanted to give some feedback.
I play exclusively Hardcore mode, so my opinions may be influenced by that.

* Just a tad too many storage quests. Storage is useful, but I ended up with a ton of things I was never going to use. Good thing they gave me the void chest.

* The Botania stuff is always a blast and Vazkii rocks.

* Still think the pack needs to have a mountainous wasteland biome, to break up the boring landscape. I love the blank slate idea, but if you want to create a base out of a cliffside you're mostly out of luck.

* Thank you for reducing dire wolf spawning. My ears thank you.

* Needs some more reasons to explore. This is a tricky one because you don't want the world to seem too populated. As it is I think witch circles are a little too common, but it's really not too terrible.

Very cool pack. Can't wait to experience more quests!

Rakankrad

Jul 29, 2019
I doubt that bug is pack specific, but I never had this happen before: I just killed the Ender Dragon cause I wanted the egg for bees and for something else. After killing her, I was up to level 90ish. But when I went back to the overworld, my level was back down to 11 without me enchanting anything. It's not a massive issue cause of the exp seeds, more of a weird bug but figured I'd mention it

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019
Just wondered if anyone have made a storage system where buildcraft pipes are sorting items into respective chest/barrels and use Botania corporea system as a request/extractor?

Kmad

Jul 29, 2019
Just wondered if anyone have made a storage system where buildcraft pipes are sorting items into respective chest/barrels and use Botania corporea system as a request/extractor?
I haven't, but it definitely sounds doable. I've made sorting systems into chests with BC pipes in the past, would be fairly easy to incorporate the corporea system into it, I think. That said... I'm really getting interested in the automagy Inventarium / Requisition tome deal.

Reactions: tetshio

Pcthomas2

Jul 29, 2019
I know this may be some weird requests, but can we get an early quest (chapter 1 or 2) to introduce us to industry type stuff from buildcraft and Mariculture. Also could you incorporate IC2 in a future build? I know it seems silly but i'm much more familiar with IC2 then buildcraft and Mariculture.

Edit: For the industry type quest I was thinking something like upgrading a furnace into an Iron furnace or making a forge hammer and put it as a requirement to repair Bronze or higher tools.

Last edited:

Kmad

Jul 29, 2019
I know this may be some weird requests, but can we get an early quest (chapter 1 or 2) to introduce us to industry type stuff from buildcraft and Mariculture. Also could you incorporate IC2 in a future build? I know it seems silly but i'm much more familiar with IC2 then buildcraft and Mariculture.
There are some pretty early quests to get you going with those two mods, just not in chapters 1 and 2. It's worth remembering that the order of chapters does not necessarily indicate the order you should do quests in, and you'll end up doing a lot of hopping between chapters :)

Pcthomas2

Jul 29, 2019
There are some pretty early quests to get you going with those two mods, just not in chapters 1 and 2. It's worth remembering that the order of chapters does not necessarily indicate the order you should do quests in, and you'll end up doing a lot of hopping between chapters :)
I just listed those two chapters off hand because I can't think of what some off them are. However I mean something that you can really start to dedicate your time to in a multiplayer setting. Because I know some people who don't like magic mods like Botania or Thaumcraft. They'd rather focus on quest involving wild life or industry which don't come up for a little while.

Kmad

Jul 29, 2019
I just listed those two chapters off hand because I can't think of what some off them are. However I mean something that you can really start to dedicate your time to in a multiplayer setting. Because I know some people who don't like magic mods like Botania or Thaumcraft. They'd rather focus on quest involving wild life or industry which don't come up for a little while.
I see... I think they'd be out of luck there, at least with regards to Botania, with the way the pack guides progression.

You do have some interesting suggestions, I'm just not sure how well it works with the nature of the pack. On that note, I can't think of anything to stop you from ignoring Thaumcraft completely and working your way through Buildcraft, Mariculture, and then Mekanism.

And of course, keep in mind this pack is still incomplete, and new quests are being added all the time. I'd say there's a pretty good chance for more in depth questing in those mods, but that's all up to TPL.

Pcthomas2

Jul 29, 2019
I see... I think they'd be out of luck there, at least with regards to Botania, with the way the pack guides progression.

You do have some interesting suggestions, I'm just not sure how well it works with the nature of the pack. On that note, I can't think of anything to stop you from ignoring Thaumcraft completely and working your way through Buildcraft, Mariculture, and then Mekanism.

And of course, keep in mind this pack is still incomplete, and new quests are being added all the time. I'd say there's a pretty good chance for more in depth questing in those mods, but that's all up to TPL.
Botanaia isn't that bad because you don't really have to dedicate a lot of time to it once you get a reasonable rig set up. You can let it go and generate mana for you. I speak more to Trinkets and Bobbles when I'm talking about focusing on it. And Thaumcraft gets an entire chapter devoted to it, something that only Agricraft rivals. I mean this pack is in a unique position. It has questing, industry, and Magic without being over-bloated like Infinity or unlimited. A unique balance that 90% of the packs out their don't have. I just think that the industry need a bit of polishing to make this a really great survival pack that can cater to a solo player or a team to specialized players.

Reactions: Kmad