Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Gamefury64

Jul 29, 2019
The transducer will break down compound aspects into the appropriate primals, but multiple sources of the same primal won't add up- it'll just take whichever one would contribute the most of the primal and takes that. So- if I correctly understand how the transducer works- energizing that node would give you floor(sqrt(8001)) = 89 CV Ignis and Ordo, as well as floor(sqrt(2044)) = 45 of all the other primals. I don't think the Telum actually factors into it.

Somebody should go test this, though, since I'm not totally sure on how the transducer works. Heck, I'll go test it, since I've already installed RoC in my Infinity instance.

*boots up MultiMC*
Hehe, beat you to it. Everyone check it out:
2015-03-28_20.14.18.png

Ironic, we both put RoC in Infinity, lol.

I am also working on a hungry node at the moment and have 2 questions -
1) what size does a node need to get to before you would say "nobody needs a node that big", I don't want to take too long feeding it, but I don't want to have to do it again because it is too small
2) My plan is to use the stabiliser and transducer on it before teleposing it to the final destination at my base - using enhanced focus 3x3. I have 10 each of the stablisers and transducers. Does anyone see a fault in the plan

Background - I have previously encased the node in obsidian and teleposed the 3x3 to a pre built 'feeding' area about 10 chunks from my base, the feeder has a chimney with a crafting table (or sometimes charcoal or sugar cane) dropping to it every 5 seconds. I have about 200 terra and aqua and the others (base elements) are above 110 each.

@Ocker, to number 1, This:
2015-03-28_20.12.28.png

And to (2), Removing the stabliser/transducer will mean horrible flux effects. A better idea would be to use a spatialIO.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
I am also working on a hungry node at the moment and have 2 questions -
1) what size does a node need to get to before you would say "nobody needs a node that big", I don't want to take too long feeding it, but I don't want to have to do it again because it is too small
2) My plan is to use the stabiliser and transducer on it before teleposing it to the final destination at my base - using enhanced focus 3x3. I have 10 each of the stablisers and transducers. Does anyone see a fault in the plan

Background - I have previously encased the node in obsidian and teleposed the 3x3 to a pre built 'feeding' area about 10 chunks from my base, the feeder has a chimney with a crafting table (or sometimes charcoal or sugar cane) dropping to it every 5 seconds. I have about 200 terra and aqua and the others (base elements) are above 110 each.
Kinda depends on what you have in the way of addons. Base TC, about 5 CV of each aspect is more than enough from what I understand (amounts to 25 of each aspect before energising), however some of the addons, especially Automagy and Witching Gadgets hook into the system for a lot of their things so you'll probably need notably more than that.

Gamefury64

Jul 29, 2019
Kinda depends on what you have in the way of addons. Base TC, about 5 CV of each aspect is more than enough from what I understand (amounts to 25 of each aspect before energising), however some of the addons, especially Automagy and Witching Gadgets hook into the system for a lot of their things so you'll probably need notably more than that.
"Lot more than that"

Does my nearly 200 of each work for that?

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
And to (2), Removing the stabliser/transducer will mean horrible flux effects. A better idea would be to use a spatialIO.

Was intending to telepose the node with the stabilise/transducer attached using blood magic teleposer enhanced focus which will do a 3 high area - won't that work?

Warzer

Jul 29, 2019
So i tried to use the new curse client for ftb infinity I started with ver 1.3.1 and now 1.3.4 is out and I wish to upgrade. Problem Is i cannot figure out how to even get it to show packs with our creating a new profile. Any one know how to upgrade using the curse client?

Linda Hartlen

Jul 29, 2019
before someone beats me with a stick.. yes I added gregtech to monster.. now it changes all the coloured fluorite to one colour. I looked in the ore dictionary and found it in three places but I am at a loss how to edit it so that wont happen. B:eek:reFluorite_false=false is in 2 places and B:gemFluorite_false=false is in one. which do I change and to what? its driving me nuts. i tried changing to true but it doesnt seem to work. also.. does the colours even matter? so should I just go.. fuck it it works :) please help a poor blonde :(

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Sounds like you're being bitten by GregTech's inventory unification feature. I don't know off the top of my head which config file that's in, but if there's a Unification.cfg file in your config/GregTech folder, look in there, and change any Fluorite options to false. Probably want to do the same with HSLA steel, too.

If there's no Unification.cfg, the next place I'd look would be DynamicConfig.

Also, I *think* there's a way to tell GregTech which particular version of any given oredict entry to unify everything to, but I'm not familiar how to use it. Might not be ideal to use that on fluorite, since you want to have multiple different versions, but it might be preferable for HSLA steel.

Linda Hartlen

Jul 29, 2019
yeah i looked in that folder and found the unification config. and the fluorite is set to false=false in those three lines. i tried setting it to false=true, true=false, true=true and nothing :(

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Huh. I don't know what to say, then. Maybe there's an option in one of the other files to turn off inventory unification completely?

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Haha, the Node Emp interaction is so overpowered. You can have practically have infinite thaumic power
Have you done it in survival though? The power requirement of the EMP is enourmous. You'd need to combine the output of several Auroral batteries.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
Was intending to telepose the node with the stabilise/transducer attached using blood magic teleposer enhanced focus which will do a 3 high area - won't that work?
It is risky, if one part moves before the other...bad things happen.

Hampen

Jul 29, 2019
If I make a world and I load a vanilla seed and I have selected Biomes o Plenty will the world have biomes from Biomes o Plenty? And all the other generated structures, like for example Elderith Obelisks? I'm on FTB Infinity.

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone followed the Factorization "treasure map" in the DW20 pack?

I started it but it seems broken. Is it as I expect some sort of April fools prank?

upload_2015-3-29_23-31-9.png

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
So i tried to use the new curse client for ftb infinity I started with ver 1.3.1 and now 1.3.4 is out and I wish to upgrade. Problem Is i cannot figure out how to even get it to show packs with our creating a new profile. Any one know how to upgrade using the curse client?

Wait for a week for 1.3.4 to become the recommended version.

As far as I can tell only the recommended versions of the major packs are ported to the Curse client while they are concentrating on finalizing the client... They don't want to make more work for themselves by introducing pack issues until then.

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
You just gotta mine that thing that looks like thaumcraft shard ore

Actually there is a lit more to it than that - I backed up my world and then followed the map until I had 2 issues, 1st) the one that was pictured (in case it was not clear one "leg" was missing because it generated on a structure) and 2nd) one did not 'work", the first part did complete by me leaving and then returning to the area, and I then restored believing it to be broken, still worth a look though.

When you follow the instructions you are told to break the cracked block (chest/belly area), I won't spoil what happens next apart from suggesting once you see the second one break it for something very cool looking.

I am being deliberately vague as what worked looked really great and it is something that should be discovered