Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
What's the best way to kill the dragon in the Chaos Islands from Draconic Evolution? With 5 yellow heart containers, charged flux-plated armour (including jet-plate), it took me down to about 3.5 hearts in one hit, and it seems to be a fairly quick bastard. Also, would the armour from Draconic Evolution provide better protection against its hits? If that's so, all I'd need to do is farm diamonds and nether stars for a bit...

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
What's the best way to kill the dragon in the Chaos Islands from Draconic Evolution? With 5 yellow heart containers, charged flux-plated armour (including jet-plate), it took me down to about 3.5 hearts in one hit, and it seems to be a fairly quick bastard. Also, would the armour from Draconic Evolution provide better protection against its hits? If that's so, all I'd need to do is farm diamonds and nether stars for a bit...
Install JordsUtils and make an uber sword? ;)

rdemay91

Jul 29, 2019
Alas, I'm on an Infinity server and am not the owner, lol. Though, that wouldn't solve the problem of it being supremely lethal in close range.
It does void damage that why it nearly one shot you. Jordsutils armor prevents void damage or use to so should help. But get the armor from draconic evolution it prevents void damage.

Reactions: jordsta95

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Alas, I'm on an Infinity server and am not the owner, lol. Though, that wouldn't solve the problem of it being supremely lethal in close range.
It does void damage that why it nearly one shot you. Jordsutils armor prevents void damage or use to so should help. But get the armor from draconic evolution it prevents void damage.
As rdemay said, JordsUtils protects from all damage (apart from potions, but that is fixed in the next update) and the uber blade deals 125 hearts of damage per hit, so you only need to smack it a few times ;)

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
So, negating the damage is out of the question, eh? Well, at least I could potentially engage it at range, negating its primary advantage. Are there any TiCon mods one can add to arrows to make them extra-effective against said dragon other than quartz?

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
So, negating the damage is out of the question, eh? Well, at least I could potentially engage it at range, negating its primary advantage. Are there any TiCon mods one can add to arrows to make them extra-effective against said dragon other than quartz?
You could shout at @Elec332 to finish the tinkers integration for JordsUtils, and then you'd have uberium arrows... which would deal a hell of a lot of damage ;)

Reactions: Someone Else 37

PokeMaserJ

Jul 29, 2019
Hey everyone, just an update. I can launch and play Ag Skies 2 just fine (have yet to test Magic Farm), but it seems like it's just my "pack" my computer hates... can't post a log of any kind (pretty sure) because the file is roughly 4.3GB. PasteEE I believe has a 2GB limit (didn't used to, does now...) and pretty sure PasteBin has a smaller limit. Trust me, it's driving me crazy I can't post a log for you guys (and girls), just haven't found a "good" alternative to FTBPaste when it's down. I'll be heading to bed after I post this, so if I don't respond for a while, that's why.

Rathengar

Jul 29, 2019
Try BuildCraft 6.4.5. We attempted a fix but we got no feedback for it so we had to test it on users live.

I still have no idea why this happens. We need someone to provide a VisualVM sampling as we cannot reproduce it, period.

Okay i tried install Buildcraft 6.4.5 and i also installed Buildcraftcombat 6.4.1 (was not sure if needed or not). Server didtn freeze, but it did make major lag spikes when i tried open the fillers inventory. first lag was 153439 ms, and the secound was 89940 ms. After that was done, server continued on like usual.
After that i tried remove/pickup the filler with a pickaxe. Got major lag spikes again 25547 ms and 65857 ms, but again server didnt crash and continued on.

Filler was lost tho, just like the quarry was yesterday. Just "puff" gone .. So it didtn seem your fix worked for Infinity atleast. But it seemed to fix the crash/freeze of server atleast.

I dont know how to give more info then that, modding my server aint my strongest side :p

Edit: Was actualy able to pick up my quarry without any lag at all this evening. Filler's still arent happy being touched tho. But this was nice i misplaced it, and was like "bah this was my last diamonds invested" hehe. Thinking it would disapear like it did before i updated.

Last edited:

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
Given that the original question was about the Arcane Bore, it goes without saying that his pack does include Thaumcraft. Sorry, was just me being a bit snarky!

No worries, I actually have never used an arcane bore and while there was a fairly obvious hint given the "arcane" name is heavily linked to Thaumcraft, having never made one it did not occur to me that the arcane bore was a Thaumcraft item. I guess "goes without saying" is relative

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Time for your friendly Thaumcraft noob to ask a nooby question...

Nodes. I wanna change them.
I have a hungry node, which I am feeding so that is is massive (I want to power my base on Vis using Technomancy, hence the big node) but a hungry node, of that size, is going to cause some issues... SO I need to make a node that is a little more "base friendly".
I was told you can turn a hungry node into a tainted node, but that is a fat-lot of good, as I don't want to live in a tainted biome :p
So is there a way to make a hungry node:
Normal, pure, unstable, or pale (not ideal)
Even if this means converting to tainted, and then into one of the above, I don't mind. A node with over 1000 aspects in it would be awesome to have at base, both for power and wand charging ;)

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019

I have a hungry node, which I am feeding so that is is massive (I want to power my base on Vis using Technomancy, hence the big node) but a hungry node, of that size, is going to cause some issues... SO I need to make a node that is a little more "base friendly".
I was told you can turn a hungry node into a tainted node, but that is a fat-lot of good, as I don't want to live in a tainted biome :p
Even if this means converting to tainted, and then into one of the above, I don't mind. A node with over 1000 aspects in it would be awesome to have at base, both for power and wand charging ;)
if you don't want the tainted node to turn your base into a tainted biome put an ethereal bloom or whatever its called around the node.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014

Pale nodes can also be hungry, so it's not worth trying to change it to that.

But there are several tactics that come to mind.
1: Place the hungry node in a tainted biome, to turn it tainted, prepare the end location with several etheral blooms to prevent the taint and then energise.
2: Same as 1, but toss a bottle of taint at the hungry node (I don't mean Q it, i mean right click it) this should taint the node. (Has the pro of making it easier to jar or otherwise handle too.)
3: (Not so sure this works) use Primadorial Pearls on the Hungry node. This is fairly unpredictable, but has a better chance of improving the node if you've done the research regarding the pearl's usage on nodes. Primadorial Pearls are also fairly rare...

Gamefury64

Jul 29, 2019
If you want a BIG node, use the RoC EMP on it. The node it creates is colossal, 1000+ of potentia, telum, and machina :D But I don't know if compound aspects will work.
image.jpg

Last edited:

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
If you want a BIG node, use the RoC EMP on it. The node it creates is colossal, 1000+ of potentia, telum, and machina :D But I don't know if compound aspects will work.View attachment 16894
The transducer will break down compound aspects into the appropriate primals, but multiple sources of the same primal won't add up- it'll just take whichever one would contribute the most of the primal and takes that. So- if I correctly understand how the transducer works- energizing that node would give you floor(sqrt(8001)) = 89 CV Ignis and Ordo, as well as floor(sqrt(2044)) = 45 of all the other primals. I don't think the Telum actually factors into it.

Somebody should go test this, though, since I'm not totally sure on how the transducer works. Heck, I'll go test it, since I've already installed RoC in my Infinity instance.

*boots up MultiMC*

Edit: Ok, two things I noticed. One, the EMP seems to change the node into a random type. I ran this experiment twice, and got a Sinister node one time and a Pure node the other. Two, it looks like Reika has doubled the numbers since Gamefury's screenshot. Both of my EMP'd nodes had about 16000 Potentia, 4000 Machina, and 1000 Telum before transduction (I had exact numbers on the pure node before my browser decided to delete my edit), and the pure node, at least, now contains 178 of each primal after transduction.

No clue where the 178 number came from- the square root of 16000 is only 126, and even that would only count for Ignis and Ordo. So I don't really know what's going on there.

Last edited:

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
I am also working on a hungry node at the moment and have 2 questions -
1) what size does a node need to get to before you would say "nobody needs a node that big", I don't want to take too long feeding it, but I don't want to have to do it again because it is too small
2) My plan is to use the stabiliser and transducer on it before teleposing it to the final destination at my base - using enhanced focus 3x3. I have 10 each of the stablisers and transducers. Does anyone see a fault in the plan

Background - I have previously encased the node in obsidian and teleposed the 3x3 to a pre built 'feeding' area about 10 chunks from my base, the feeder has a chimney with a crafting table (or sometimes charcoal or sugar cane) dropping to it every 5 seconds. I have about 200 terra and aqua and the others (base elements) are above 110 each.