Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Most plants don't, no - but that's wheat. Wheat does. (Although that's actually Tilled Garden Soil anyway, if you look closely)
Maybe it's the fact that the crops are more higher level now? They didn't seem to pop off when they were 1/1/1 crops, but now I'm starting to get to level 5/6 in some stats... Although likewise, I don't see AgriCraft mentioning anything about this.

I highly doubt that light is the issue when the sugarcane seeds RIGHT NEXT to the torch ended up popping off. Likewise - water blocks hydrate farmland in a 4 block radius. You'll notice the farmland is 9x9, being the maximum size farm you can have for a single block of water. I very much doubt this to be the issue of why my crops are just popping off their sticks.
Are crops growing in them?

Reactions: Cirom

Cirom

Jan 1, 2013
Are crops growing in them?
In the sticks? Yes. They're definitely growing and reaching mature stage, although sometimes when the pop-off happens not all of them have grown.

They also all seem to pop off simultaneously, which is odd.

EDIT: A test I've done has pretty much PROVED that wheat should be able to grow here - given that I can't even plant Essence Seeds on regular tilled soil. It just outright doesn't let me.

ZeCowMan

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way in Infinity to change a biome or create your own mini biome? I'd like to trap a Blizz but I cannot find any cold biomes in my overworld meaning I can't find a blizz.

*edit* I am avoiding using Mystcraft ages so creating my own ice age (pun not intended :p) is out of the question

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
In the sticks? Yes. They're definitely growing and reaching mature stage, although sometimes when the pop-off happens not all of them have grown.

They also all seem to pop off simultaneously, which is odd.
Ah. Are you using the horn of the wild for anything nearby? (or something similar?)

Cirom

Jan 1, 2013
Ah. Are you using the horn of the wild for anything nearby? (or something similar?)

"Ask a stupid question, get a blatantly obvious answer."

.. How did I miss that? I was literally just using the Horn of the Wild on my Botania setup nearby, now that I think of it. The range on that thing is absolutely insane...

Thanks for the help, anyways! ^^; Now I just feel dumb for completely missing that. ._.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019

.. How did I miss that? I was literally just using the Horn of the Wild on my Botania setup nearby, now that I think of it. The range on that thing is absolutely insane...

Thanks for the help, anyways! ^^; Now I just feel dumb for completely missing that. ._.
No that's fine. I did exactly the same when I first got the HotW

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015

Hey, that's what the thread is there for! :) You should never feel stupid for posting something in here, that's the point of it - and everyone misses things!

Now for my simple (and possibly stupid) question - not going to put it in the mod suggestions as its not that far along, so:

Would there be any use for a mod that creates/spawns a dungeon or dimension containing an item like the "Cornerstone of the World" from the Diablo expansion Hellfire - that is to say when you leave a single item on there (only 1 item), the next world you generate containing that mod will, when you visit the dungeon, have the item sitting on it?

Too OP? Too UP? What do you think?

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, that's what the thread is there for! :) You should never feel stupid for posting something in here, that's the point of it - and everyone misses things!

Now for my simple (and possibly stupid) question - not going to put it in the mod suggestions as its not that far along, so:

Would there be any use for a mod that creates/spawns a dungeon or dimension containing an item like the "Cornerstone of the World" from the Diablo expansion Hellfire - that is to say when you leave a single item on there (only 1 item), the next world you generate containing that mod will, when you visit the dungeon, have the item sitting on it?

Too OP? Too UP? What do you think?
that would be pretty cool, but I don't know if anything like that exists, or how hard it'd be to make something like that.
Also, would said "dungeon" spawn like a stronghold? (only a few per world, and there's a chance that the "pedestal" the item is on doesn't spawn) Also, would it only be 1 item? And if that item was a storage item (e.g. golden bag of holding) would it keep all items in it?

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
that would be pretty cool, but I don't know if anything like that exists, or how hard it'd be to make something like that.
Also, would said "dungeon" spawn like a stronghold? (only a few per world, and there's a chance that the "pedestal" the item is on doesn't spawn) Also, would it only be 1 item? And if that item was a storage item (e.g. golden bag of holding) would it keep all items in it?
All good questions, and the reason I posted here first :D

I was wondering about that myself - do you go random dungeon and potentially make it really REALLY hard to find, or a dimension (which has its own issues). I was thinking maybe the latter - so you have to build the "dungeon entrance" yourself, and then once built and activated, you enter and find a procedurally generated dungeon dimension of limited size with the Cornerstone at the bottom.

Likewise, I worry that allowing a storage item would give potential for great OP-ness (although depending on points of view might be the only way its worth it to some!) - so I was thinking only a single non-storage item. Sort of like a legacy or heirloom to pass onto your spiritual successor, in a manner of speaking.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
Is there any way in Infinity to change a biome or create your own mini biome? I'd like to trap a Blizz but I cannot find any cold biomes in my overworld meaning I can't find a blizz.

*edit* I am avoiding using Mystcraft ages so creating my own ice age (pun not intended :p) is out of the question
I believe there is a late game Blood Magic Ritual that can change the biome. Alternatively Witchery provides a circle magic that can do the same. I don't know how these work, as I like my Magical Forest Biome tyvm.

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
All good questions, and the reason I posted here first :D

I was wondering about that myself - do you go random dungeon and potentially make it really REALLY hard to find, or a dimension (which has its own issues). I was thinking maybe the latter - so you have to build the "dungeon entrance" yourself, and then once built and activated, you enter and find a procedurally generated dungeon dimension of limited size with the Cornerstone at the bottom.

Likewise, I worry that allowing a storage item would give potential for great OP-ness (although depending on points of view might be the only way its worth it to some!) - so I was thinking only a single non-storage item. Sort of like a legacy or heirloom to pass onto your spiritual successor, in a manner of speaking.
Like an ME spatial drive, containing drives of other spatial drives?
(a.k.a. death the destroyer of worlds, computers and everything else)

efr44738

Jul 29, 2019
How i miss random things in Infinity ;-(

Is there a block like the player interface and the Online Detector from random things in infinity ?
Draconic evolution has a player detector with an online setting. As for the player interface, I'm not sure

JunpakuKarasu

Jul 29, 2019
If I make a world and I load a vanilla seed and I have selected Biomes o Plenty will the world have biomes from Biomes o Plenty? And all the other generated structures, like for example Elderith Obelisks? I'm on FTB Infinity.
Yes, I chose BOP for my world and I've come across them

Cik

Jul 29, 2019
Is there some means of directly stopping flow of power to an ender energy conduit either through a bus, wirelessly or via redstone. I want to place a switch to my power on/off from another floor.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Is there some means of directly stopping flow of power to an ender energy conduit either through a bus, wirelessly or via redstone. I want to place a switch to my power on/off from another floor.
EnderIO conduits can be configured to respond to redstone signals in redstone conduit in the same block; however, I don't believe you can use redstone to break a line of energy conduit in the middle. You could use the redstone conduit to disable the energy conduit that connects to your capacitor bank, though.