[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
1. It kinda has to be that way, unless you expect me to just hand out resources and break the whole concept of the gated progression that drives the pack.
2. This is a case of RTFM, the first Witchery Quest outright says that the witchery quests are split between changes and teaches.
3. This is due to the fact that there are two ways that you'll potentially get resources for the first time - Crops and Nether Ores. If I have it requiring the essence or the nether ores then the person who isn't the way the quests expect gets shafted and won't have the quests for things needing that resource unlock. In the past the seed quests were directly required rather than these trigger quests - this caused both the issue mentioned above, and also caused a lot of lag further into the quest book due to the huge number of nested progressive requirements a quest could have, hence the change.
4. There are few instances of this ever being a problem, but as far as I'm aware it only occurs with players choosing to advance through witchery without following the quests and making the books - See point 2.
5. 90% of the time people will have gotten gold and alumunium before getting redstone, so that's just a case of you fulfilling requirements in an unusual order.
6. The Nether stuff is there as a plot device for the theme of the pack and to act as an alternative means of resource acquisition for those potentially wanting a break from crops. The strict mining progression is there to match the crop progression.
7. NEI crashes are well known, and are a result of the way Minetweaker silently reloads scripts whenever you enter a world (even after just going to the title screen) and the fact that AE2 doesn't like recipes in its inscriber being reloaded as it caches them. Only way to avoid this currently is to relaunch the client every time you disconnect from a world - Annoying, but if you don't you'll crash as soon as you check any recipe anyway currently.
8. This is basically just a case of some scripts not loading properly upon a reload as I'm presuming your issue is specifically with iron ingots. For some reason there is no recipe to cast iron ingots in the ingot caster (@joshie I keep meaning to ask you why this is) so I add one with scripts, hence no iron ingot casting when that script doesn't load properly.

A lot of the stuff you've said in the subsequent paragraphs boils down to the pack still being alpha and me not having the time to work on it as much as many would like (life before minecraft, the usual deal). I do appreciate the feedback though and am appreciative that you've taken the time to go so in depth.

SyberSmoke

Jul 29, 2019
I would take Logistics pipes if they were in this pack! I really like AE, but AE2 seems like it made that mod late game. At least for me, mainly because I just got the hang of AE1 and was able to use everything, but I feel like I'm starting over with AE2. Logistic pipes I would love to learn more about that mod. I have only made a remote order and that's it. I have always wanted to use auto crafting. But sadly it's not in this pack.

Pheonix: Any thoughts about this? Logistics Pipes could be a nice addition given it's capabilities. I have used it quite a bit to make Biofuel manufacturing system and more.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Pheonix: Any thoughts about this? Logistics Pipes could be a nice addition given it's capabilities. I have used it quite a bit to make Biofuel manufacturing system and more.
Last time I looked at it, it wasn't updated to the version of BC I was using at the time. I'll look again though.
@thephoenixlodge, there isn't any way currently to get shimmerleaf or cinderpearl plants from TC. Maybe agricraft seeds for them would be useful? Or at least the shimmerleaf, as it's semi-needed to unlock some researches (though I'm guessing using knowledge fragment research notes could work too)
How's this? (shimmerleaf is over the page)
kJL9FYd.png

Reactions: Rodger

RagefaceKurosaki

Jul 29, 2019
whenever i see someone with a nei crash come up, i just laugh :p like literally every second page is someone asking about nei crash and then someone telling the answer

Reactions: hiharryII

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
What are the odds I would get attacked buy a baby zombie riding a chicken, kill the zombie, save the chicken, and lead him to safety?!? Happy Me

Reactions: JustHeyo

SyberSmoke

Jul 29, 2019
Last time I looked at it, it wasn't updated to the version of BC I was using at the time. I'll look again though.

There may be a version for what your using. As the version listed on the forum is far less then their current #113 But I am not sure what BC version LP #113 is meant to run with.

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
are you talking about chicken jockey? or ones that you got from the runic altar?

The one I'm talking about was a chicken joky. I killed the zombie that was riding the chicken, ran back to my base to grab a seed(I thought I had a lead) then led it back to my base, and while doing so it shed a feather. I fenced it in, and while I was typing my post it laid an egg. To make it better I broke it and I got a baby chick my first one.

Reactions: JustHeyo

RagefaceKurosaki

Jul 29, 2019
The one I'm talking about was a chicken joky. I killed the zombie that was riding the chicken, ran back to my base to grab a seed(I thought I had a lead) then led it back to my base, and while doing so it shed a feather. I fenced it in, and while I was typing my post it laid an egg. To make it better I broke it and I got a baby chick my first one.
it must be botania shedding mechanic interacting with it b/c in vanilla this is the rule

• Chicken jockeys run around, behaving like the zombie, instead of using the chicken AI.
    • The chicken does not lay eggs.

lblackburn

Jul 29, 2019
I have started into Thaumcraft alchemy, and I am trying to produce some Nitor.

First I obtained the research note for Nitor and completed the research in the research table.

After taking the completed research scroll from the table into I hotbar, I right clicked and got the research completed message.

I constructed a vanilla cauldron out of 7 iron ingots and taking my iron capped wand, right clicked the cauldron which changed it into a Thaumcraft Crucible

Then I placed a block of Netherrack and lit it with my flint and steel.

Over the flame I placed the crucible and filled it with a bucket of water.

The crucible sits directly underneath an Open Crate. A Hopper feeds into the Open Crate, and a Chest sits on top on the Hopper.

I shift clicked 3 coal and 6 torches into the chest.

After those items drop into the Crucible I shift clicked 2 Glowstone Dust into the chest.

When I take a look at the Crucible wearing my Goggles of Revealing, the aspects shown are 2 Sensus, 10 Lux, 6 Ignis, and 6 Potentia.

This makes sense (I guess) assuming that:

Coal = 2 Ignis, 2 Potentia
Torch = 1 Lux
Glowstone dust = 2 Lux, 1 Sensus

Therefore 3 x Coal + 6 x Torch + 2 x Glowstone dust =
2 Sensus, 10 Lux, 6 Ignis, and 6 Potentia.

But in the same breath it doesn't make very much sense because no Nitor is produced.

Which is the result I expected after watching some Thaumcraft 4 youtube videos.

So I clear the Crucible with my wand. but some purple liquid comes out (which I think is taint).

How do I use the Glowstone Dust catalyst without adding additional aspects into the Crucible (or do I have to consider the additional aspects when balancing my formula)?

I would appreciate any insight on what I am doing wrong...