[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

RagefaceKurosaki

Jul 29, 2019
I want to play this modpack but i've a little problem...when i play it my minecraft freeze and my fps was decreased a lot....this only happens with ftb modpack (1.7.10 modpack)
If i play with a 1.7.10 modpack in the ATLauncher or the Tekkit Launcher i dont have any problem

could you help me?

Another thing Can you give me a download link for the server version of this modpack ? (i have a server and i want to install this modpack for playing it with my friends)
right beside edit mod pack there is a download server option

kanix

Jul 29, 2019
Only just started playing minecraft last week for the first time and tried this mod on someones suggestion, I'm totally addicted! Was wondering if it was possible to easily automate getting ingots/blocks out of the smeltery however? Doing some googling it seems this is possible with vanilla with huge convoluted redstone circuits but I figured maybe something a bit easier was included in the mod pack. Would be great to not have to stand there clicking whilst smelting ingots.

RagefaceKurosaki

Jul 29, 2019
Only just started playing minecraft last week for the first time and tried this mod on someones suggestion, I'm totally addicted! Was wondering if it was possible to easily automate getting ingots/blocks out of the smeltery however? Doing some googling it seems this is possible with vanilla with huge convoluted redstone circuits but I figured maybe something a bit easier was included in the mod pack. Would be great to not have to stand there clicking whilst smelting ingots.
you can hook a bc wooden or emerald fluid pipe to the smeltery and run a redstone engine on that and it'll will continuously pump molten liquids into your block/ingot caster. hook up a hopper underneath the caster and it will auto empty the blocks. also i never tested this but in theory it should work, you could try an automagy clock which every 5 seconds shoots a redstone pulse and the smeltery ejects fluids when it gets a pulse

Edit: i believe its called an hourglass

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019

You only need to do ingots then pass all the ingots through the Railcraft "metals chest" to convert automatically all ingots into blocks.

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019

Dissertation incoming:

Best method I have found for MASS processing… (large qty of ores)

1) Emerald Fluid pipe coming out of drain to a basin (over a hopper) with a wooden engine (already running) and a lever
2) Hopper aimed at the control box of the smeltry
3) Put quantities of ore in the hopper that are multiples of 9 (63 is my default)
4) do not mix ore types

The challenge is that the wooden pipe sometimes loses a small amount of fluids because of the flow restriction and you end up with inconsistent results.

For lots of loose or low quantity… Similar setup only swap out the basin for the casting table and an ingot cast…

In this case tossing different materials in the hopper is more common, but you still need to be aware of which materials mix and might leave a partial ingot.

Problem here is there is a higher chance for a mis-pour that then locks up the process (aka more babysitting)

RagefaceKurosaki

Jul 29, 2019
Dissertation incoming:

Best method I have found for MASS processing… (large qty of ores)

1) Emerald Fluid pipe coming out of drain to a basin (over a hopper) with a wooden engine (already running) and a lever
2) Hopper aimed at the control box of the smeltry
3) Put quantities of ore in the hopper that are multiples of 9 (63 is my default)
4) do not mix ore types

The challenge is that the wooden pipe sometimes loses a small amount of fluids because of the flow restriction and you end up with inconsistent results.

For lots of loose or low quantity… Similar setup only swap out the basin for the casting table and an ingot cast…

In this case tossing different materials in the hopper is more common, but you still need to be aware of which materials mix and might leave a partial ingot.

Problem here is there is a higher chance for a mis-pour that then locks up the process (aka more babysitting)
emerald pipe sometimes causes loss as well, from my own experience and purplementat has experienced it as well. its very rare however

Reactions: billybricker1

Help:gives/needs it

Jul 29, 2019
Umm, hey I'm pretty new to this pack, (and forum) , how do I obtain green dye while doing 1st quests

Thx all the devastating of this ,it's shaping out to be amazing

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
emerald pipe sometimes causes loss as well, from my own experience and purplementat has experienced it as well. its very rare however
That is why I specified already running, maybe I'm just lucky, but with that method I've not had loss… I have dumped 63 ore of different types over the course of days, with the engine running the whole time. no stragglers, no issues..

HOWEVER, Titanium causes a glitch, be careful with titanium pours from smeltry.

Kelmey

Jul 29, 2019
That is why I specified already running, maybe I'm just lucky, but with that method I've not had loss… I have dumped 63 ore of different types over the course of days, with the engine running the whole time. no stragglers, no issues..

HOWEVER, Titanium causes a glitch, be careful with titanium pours from smeltry.

My experimentation with BC pipes losing liquids is that it is directly related to mixing liquids. If you get two liquids in the pipe at the same time you will lose a little bit of one of the liquids.

It is stupid that BC lets you mix liquids in one pipe, but then BC has a number of issues.

That said, if you want to mass produce one type of metal an emerald pipe is the fastest. Just make damn sure you don't mix liquids. This makes mass producing alloys somewhat problematic.

I recommend using an hourglass to pulse the default tinkers drain spout. It is a bit slower but you can just dump tons of ore (careful about accidently making alloys) into the smeltery without having to worry about buggy pipes destroying your stuff. And since it is automated it is ok to be slightly slow since it happens whether or not you are around.

Reactions: MrZwij