Zein's Necrology [pre-alpha 0.0.01]

Zein Eizoku

Jul 29, 2019
uploadfromtaptalk1392776610990.jpg

Okay everyone here is a small preview of what I was taking about with the research system.

Hope you all enjoy it, this is also a sneak preview of the Scriptum Immortui ;) it is to Zein's Necrology what the Thauminomicon is to Thaumcraft.

Zein Eizoku

Jul 29, 2019
A living book, that's disgusting. I love it.
Can't wait for alpha 0.0.0.1

Haha yes, getting the book is even more fun :3

But the "eyes" shown there in the bottom, will be critical to unlocking the other schools within the book. Getting them required a type of research, where the book, supplied with Bone Styli, Blood Phialam, and placed in a Scrinium. It will "write in itself" unlocking the mysteries to creating the eyes.

Zein Eizoku

Jul 29, 2019
Please tell me that the book jumps out of your hands and hides under your bed when you open it. That way when you go to look for it it runs out and attacks you.

Bahahaha I have no idea how to code that or to even start with coding that. But that would be the most epic of trolls.

Reactions: Not_Steve

Zein Eizoku

Jul 29, 2019
Harry potter book of beasts. I believe it's in the prisoner of Azkhaban.

And for the symbols, I think the blood one should a drop instead of... that shape.

Oh haha that is why then, I was never a fan of Harry Potter. It bored me, I would rather read about blood and Gore and war. Haha

Nfrance

Jul 29, 2019
I thought I had, I remember in Thaumcraft 2 I always loved spreading taint, and I remember their were things like soul crucibles that would kill things, while producing what ever the energy stuff was of Thaumcraft 2, and creating taint, and basically my thought is that we could have ways to actually taint the land a lot like then, were perhaps are machines/ritual stuff/what ever this mod could spread a "taint" like it's a disease or a airborne thing (almost like the smog from the stereotypical "Dystopian future city") . Idk just thought it would be cool to visually see the land becoming corrupted and more sinister/evil the more we utilize this mod and not just finding these bad lands as a random biome. This is a lot like taint, but the problem I have with Thaumcraft taint is that it is only bad. We can't utilize, in a sense to truly try to become "dark mages" which was my favorite thing to do in Thaumcraft 2, spreading taint via use of soul crucibles. So this taint could act as our personal protection from enemies, or less experienced necromancers who don't know how to traverse and harness these tainted/corrupted lands yet.

TLDR: The more we do stuff(example sacrificing stuff) the more the land is corrupted (like taint). But more dangerous. but also beneficial for someone who has reached the depths of this mod.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zein Eizoku

Zein Eizoku

Jul 29, 2019
I thought I had, I remember in Thaumcraft 2 I always loved spreading taint, and I remember their were things like soul crucibles that would kill things, while producing what ever the energy stuff was of Thaumcraft 2, and creating taint, and basically my thought is that we could have ways to actually taint the land a lot like then, were perhaps are machines/ritual stuff/what ever this mod could spread a "taint" like it's a disease or a airborne thing (almost like the smog from the stereotypical "Dystopian future city") . Idk just thought it would be cool to visually see the land becoming corrupted and more sinister/evil the more we utilize this mod and not just finding these bad lands as a random biome.

Well I do like the idea of "corruption" however, I want to try to stay away from that. I mean I could think of something, maybe, but I do not want to just make a thaumcraft re hash.

Also, one should realize that this mod and the craft of being a Necrologist, does not make one evil. The teaching of Necrology is inherently neutral on the alignment field. It is all up to the person and how they go about progressing. Progressing quicker will involve sinister things, progressing slower would be, not so sinister haha.

Nfrance

Jul 29, 2019
Ahh well it's your mod, do as you please. Was just a thing I've always wanted from a mod.

Also first time I've seen someone refer to necromancy as having potential of "non-evil"

If you wanted to keep it from being a re-hash of taint you could make it more Necromancy-esque by instead of making it taint it could be like "aura". By harnessing souls of things you could use em to make either aura of "malevolence" or "benevolence" or even neutrality, all depending on what soul the mob came from. what this aura could entail who knows, but it wouldn't be so similair to thaumcraft.(also something like this wouldn't alter the physical world)

Last edited:

Zein Eizoku

Jul 29, 2019
Ahh well it's your mod, do as you please. Was just a thing I've always wanted from a mod.

Also first time I've seen someone refer to necromancy as having potential of "non-evil"

Well I feel like the mod has developed beyond the world of just "Necromancy". Haha it has become, Necrology, a science.

Please do not get me wrong, I am sorry to not want to do taint or corruption just yet. I feel bad as is using a research system similar to TC4 haha but in my defense I was thinking about it before he said he was doing it like he was. By that I mean selecting your research haha.

Last edited:

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you

If you wanted to keep it from being a re-hash of taint you could make it more Necromancy-esque by instead of making it taint it could be like "aura". By harnessing souls of things you could use em to make either aura of "malevolence" or "benevolence" or even neutrality, all depending on what soul the mob came from. what this aura could entail who knows, but it wouldn't be so similair to thaumcraft.(also something like this wouldn't alter the physical world)
Someone never read Skulduggery pleasant.

Reactions: Not_Steve

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
Something about good Necromancers I'm assuming?
In Skullduggery Pleasant, necromancy is more or less the control of darkness and death to make physical shadows that can kick ass like creating hundreds of shadow tendrils to stab your enemies. None of them are necessarily "bad" they are all just outcast since you know.. necromancy.

Zein Eizoku

Jul 29, 2019
In Skullduggery Pleasant, necromancy is more or less the control of darkness and death to make physical shadows that can kick ass like creating hundreds of shadow tendrils to stab your enemies. None of them are necessarily "bad" they are all just outcast since you know.. necromancy.

So Guilty Gear meets D&D Shadowcaster?

Haha