Zein's Necrology [pre-alpha 0.0.01]

MrWonderful2012

Jul 29, 2019
It does look epic! I hope it actually comes out so I can help it get into big packs like RR and evil magic packs like Resonant Rise and Attack of the B-Team

Reactions: Zein Eizoku

Zein Eizoku

Jul 29, 2019
It does look epic! I hope it actually comes out so I can help it get into big packs like RR and evil magic packs like Resonant Rise and Attack of the B-Team

Haha thank you very much, an idea always looks good at first, execution is the difficult part.

One of the things I am most excited for, and it is my own idea which is silly, is a pocket dimension for your base that you can carry with you. Using the school of blood, you can sacrifice a small amount of health to open a little 15x4x15 cuboid blood void. Haha like a world inside your body ;3 Pendant of the Fónos.

Reactions: Not_Steve

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
I may or may not work on a magic addon to flesh craft once it is done and that may or may not include your mod when it comes out(hint hint nudge nudge;))

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
Wow, opening a portal into your own body... O.O

I have to say, that sounds AWESOME! (And highly impossible)

Zein Eizoku

Jul 29, 2019
I may or may not work on a magic addon to flesh craft once it is done and that may or may not include your mod when it comes out(hint hint nudge nudge;))

Hahaha it will be open source and you are more than welcome. I just would like to add that if you do make add ons etc, try to keep them balanced and you can try to add them to a school as a sub school. That would be pretty sweet :).

Wow, opening a portal into your own body... O.O

I have to say, that sounds AWESOME! (And highly impossible)

Hahaha yes, most of the Necrologist artifacts that players can create will be proof of concepts. So, expect function, creation, side effects, and costs to vary as the mod progresses.

Last edited:
Reactions: Not_Steve

MrWonderful2012

Jul 29, 2019
Just saying code-wise it wouldn't be too hard to do all you would have to do is make it so that when you use it the first time you use it it would create a small dimension encasedin black indestructible blocks and after that when you use it it would send you to its dimension. Kind of like Dinensional Doors

Zein Eizoku

Jul 29, 2019
Just saying code-wise it wouldn't be too hard to do all you would have to do is make it so that when you use it the first time you use it it would create a small dimension encasedin black indestructible blocks and after that when you use it it would send you to its dimension. Kind of like Dinensional Doors

Okay, I am new to the whole coding thing, haha so I assumed it would be simple yet... difficult if that makes sense?

This whole project is like a learning experience and a growing exercise of my creativity. Also about sharing, something I think would be awesome, with everyone else that also shares a like wise feeling towards it.

Also what I mean by proof of concept and subject to change is this. With the amulet, I was thinking of a way to make the creation more interesting than just a crafting table and how to make it... customisable. So I came up with the concept of making a special "blood gem" block and "blood walls" block or something. You create a "multi block" of a cube in the shape and size you would like. Upon completion and placing the "blood gem" the whole object would nbt and metadata to a item. The larger, the more life it takes to open the portal.

See... this all came to me in under 24 hrs hahaha and could still change again.

I just wish I had money to get a better laptop and such hahaha, I need a kick starter or something. All my money in the real world is devoured by server life issues that I need to handle.

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
Okay, I am new to the whole coding thing, haha so I assumed it would be simple yet... difficult if that makes sense?

This whole project is like a learning experience and a growing exercise of my creativity. Also about sharing, something I think would be awesome, with everyone else that also shares a like wise feeling towards it.

Also what I mean by proof of concept and subject to change is this. With the amulet, I was thinking of a way to make the creation more interesting than just a crafting table and how to make it... customisable. So I came up with the concept of making a special "blood gem" block and "blood walls" block or something. You create a "multi block" of a cube in the shape and size you would like. Upon completion and placing the "blood gem" the whole object would nbt and metadata to a item. The larger, the more life it takes to open the portal.

See... this all came to me in under 24 hrs hahaha and could still change again.

I just wish I had money to get a better laptop and such hahaha, I need a kick starter or something. All my money in the real world is devoured by server life issues that I need to handle.
I think you should start with smaller mods (something like chandeliers or other basics) and get used to forge then work on some larger things like a mod with since basic machine or maybe a thaumcraft addon. After that I think you should move onto this. This is such a large and complicated mod that it would be a shame to make it poorly.

Zein Eizoku

Jul 29, 2019
I think you should start with smaller mods (something like chandeliers or other basics) and get used to forge then work on some larger things like a mod with since basic machine or maybe a thaumcraft addon. After that I think you should move onto this. This is such a large and complicated mod that it would be a shame to make it poorly.

Well I look at it this way, Thaumcraft started out like this with thaumcraft 1. Small but complicated, but slowly grew to what it is at now. I consider myself a fast learner and I have watched VSWE's summer course and am currently enrolled just laptop less at the moment. I also have read the forge wiki on moding and such. I also am enrolled in some other free course on just general java. I am not worried about the coding portion. So long as I have people to talk with that can help trouble shoot I should be okay. I am more worried about the 3D modeling, texturing, and I cannot make sound effects to save ma life hahaha.

I like at it this way, I will take Necrology, one step at a time. Making simple blocks, items, and plants and such. And from that build the more complicated things. Doing similar to what said, just all with this haha, it sounds silly but it is like my baby. If that makes sense, I have been working on the idea behind this mod for about a year, and I brought the idea here to see, what the reaction would be. What people would think of my ideas and such.

Reactions: MrWonderful2012

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Well I look at it this way, Thaumcraft started out like this with thaumcraft 1. Small but complicated, but slowly grew to what it is at now. I consider myself a fast learner and I have watched VSWE's summer course and am currently enrolled just laptop less at the moment. I also have read the forge wiki on moding and such. I also am enrolled in some other free course on just general java. I am not worried about the coding portion. So long as I have people to talk with that can help trouble shoot I should be okay. I am more worried about the 3D modeling, texturing, and I cannot make sound effects to save ma life hahaha.

I like at it this way, I will take Necrology, one step at a time. Making simple blocks, items, and plants and such. And from that build the more complicated things. Doing similar to what said, just all with this haha, it sounds silly but it is like my baby. If that makes sense, I have been working on the idea behind this mod for about a year, and I brought the idea here to see, what the reaction would be. What people would think of my ideas and such.
Well, i would imagine with the sounds, you could pull from minecraft itself for most sounds you'll need
And then perhaps you could use stock sounds found on the interwebs for others?
Else wait until your mod has attracted attention and get a fan to make sounds for you

Zein Eizoku

Jul 29, 2019
Well, i would imagine with the sounds, you could pull from minecraft itself for most sounds you'll need
And then perhaps you could use stock sounds found on the interwebs for others?
Else wait until your mod has attracted attention and get a fan to make sounds for you

Yes I knew most sounds I could get from the .Minecraft just some things I would like to be more geared towards the mood of the mod, death and science and mystery.

Now yes, I am new, and I am nervous a little, however, I am also confident that the learning and path and drive to make something awesome will pay off in the end. Puerile will just have to bear with me on bugs and questions and learning as I go along.

MrWonderful2012

Jul 29, 2019

Maybe could I help you model, texture,and make sound effects?

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
Yes I knew most sounds I could get from the .Minecraft just some things I would like to be more geared towards the mood of the mod, death and science and mystery.

Now yes, I am new, and I am nervous a little, however, I am also confident that the learning and path and drive to make something awesome will pay off in the end. Puerile will just have to bear with me on bugs and questions and learning as I go along.
If you ever have trouble with something, ask another modder for any advice/help or look around in another mod's source code to figure out what you're doing wrong. I can't even explain how many times I fixed something simply by taking a glance at someone else's code. Don't steal it, per say, just use it to build off of your own work. It helps make extremely difficult things simple.

Zein Eizoku

Jul 29, 2019
If you ever have trouble with something, ask another modder for any advice/help or look around in another mod's source code to figure out what you're doing wrong. I can't even explain how many times I fixed something simply by taking a glance at someone else's code. Don't steal it, per say, just use it to build off of your own work. It helps make extremely difficult things simple.

Paraphrasing with code haha

Zein Eizoku

Jul 29, 2019
It's exactly why we have open source. It helps people learn and build off of each other's code to make it more efficient and faster to code.

I understand, it is also why I plan to make mine open source. Also to make it easier for puerile to create an add-on if they feel like it.

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
And on that note, does anyone know of a mod that has multiple recipes for the same item and is OS'd? Oh and one where there's a recipe which the first line in a row of a recipe is blank. I kind of sort of am having trouble with that with a Better Than Wolves/MITE mod I'm making using forge.

By The Way, thanks Zein! Your post on starting big really gave me the boost I needed to get back to an old mod I was working on and start up again!