Zein's Necrology [pre-alpha 0.0.01]

Nfrance

Jul 29, 2019
Actually funny thing is I HAVE read that series, which I greatly enjoyed, its just been awhile so I forgot about them.

Hmmm, if we could get something like the Faceless one's in here that would be amazing.

EDIT: I would suggest this series to you Zein you might get some cool inspiration. I actually need to catch up on it too, last time I read it there were only 3 books in the series.

Zein Eizoku

Jul 29, 2019
@Nfrance , I will have to spark notes then and read a synopsis. The charger to my laptop just died today, so I need yo acquire a new one to continue work.

I need to work on my pixel art haha :/

Converting the things I have drawn on paper to pixels... it is rough haha. So much detail so little space.

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
In Skullduggery Pleasant, necromancy is more or less the control of darkness and death to make physical shadows that can kick ass like creating hundreds of shadow tendrils to stab your enemies. None of them are necessarily "bad" they are all just outcast since you know.. necromancy.
Well, they also deal in reanimating stuff, such as the white cleaver, which actually became better than a normal cleaver, i imagine due to the process making it stronger/faster/whatever, and when Melanie St. Clair almost becomes the death bringer and takes the souls from a lot of people to strengthen herself.[DOUBLEPOST=1393185464][/DOUBLEPOST]
@Nfrance , I will have to spark notes then and read a synopsis. The charger to my laptop just died today, so I need yo acquire a new one to continue work.

I need to work on my pixel art haha :/

Converting the things I have drawn on paper to pixels... it is rough haha. So much detail so little space.
I adore the series, so I can likely answer most questions about things.

PhantomRage

Jul 29, 2019
"takes the souls from a lot of people to strengthen herself..."

Hmm... maybe you could somehow infuse souls into yourself and gain personal buffs/debuffs from the souls you "infused" into yourself? Just an example, if you started infusing yourself with Materialism/Materialistic, you could naturally attract items, but as a somewhat downside, you also attract [EDIT : hostile mobs] mobs, as well. Just an idea :p. There could be a way to "cleanse" yourself of these infusions, but it would be very painful, or have serious consequences, or something like that.

Last edited:
Reactions: the_j485

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
Hmm... maybe you could somehow infuse souls into yourself and gain personal buffs/debuffs from the souls you "infused" into yourself? Just an example, if you started infusing yourself with Materialism/Materialistic, you could naturally attract items, but as a somewhat downside, you also attract mobs, as well. Just an idea :p. There could be a way to "cleanse" yourself of these infusions, but it would be very painful, or have serious consequences, or something like that.
Or it could be something you put into the armor.

Reactions: Padfoote

Zein Eizoku

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm... maybe you could somehow infuse souls into yourself and gain personal buffs/debuffs from the souls you "infused" into yourself? Just an example, if you started infusing yourself with Materialism/Materialistic, you could naturally attract items, but as a somewhat downside, you also attract mobs, as well. Just an idea :p. There could be a way to "cleanse" yourself of these infusions, but it would be very painful, or have serious consequences, or something like that.

Hmm, I could think of something. It would be similar to the curse mechanic, it would probably be a sister feature to it actually.

Reactions: PhantomRage

Zein Eizoku

Jul 29, 2019
Work haha, hence no news. Sorry :( I have been in the metal shop a lot, have deadlines to meet before the season picks up.

Zein Eizoku

Jul 29, 2019
I know work can be tough. Maybe I could help part time?

We could talk about it off thread and see if we could work something out. I need to buy a new battery and charger for the laptop I use to. That is another thing preventing progression. All my notes are trapped on a dead laptop.

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
We could talk about it off thread and see if we could work something out. I need to buy a new battery and charger for the laptop I use to. That is another thing preventing progression. All my notes are trapped on a dead laptop.
All I can say is Google drive. 15GB of free storage accessable by almost any device.

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
All I can say is Google drive. 15GB of free storage accessable by almost any device.
He's got a pretty sweet deal but mega has 50 free gigs AND it's also accessible by almost any device (mega.co.nz all the cool kids are doing it)

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
He's got a pretty sweet deal but mega has 50 free gigs AND it's also accessible by almost any device (mega.co.nz all the cool kids are doing it)
Google drive isn't so much geared towards saving files as it is being able to access documents. Most people have google accounts anyways so no setup is required. I may have to try that mega thing though. Seems pretty sweet.

Reactions: Not_Steve

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
Google drive isn't so much geared towards saving files as it is being able to access documents. Most people have google accounts anyways so no setup is required. I may have to try that mega thing though. Seems pretty sweet.
I do both!