Yomawolf (WW Game Thread)

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
AND HOW THE HELL DID YOU COME UP WITH THE CONCLUSION THAT I'M A WOLF? WHY WOULD A WOLF BEG TO BE LYNCHED? THE ONLY REASON YOU SHOULDN'T LYNCH A JESTER IS BECAUSE HE KILLS SOMEONE, AND I DON'T!

And if the town really want my help, pyure doesn't look like a villager at all, stop trusting him so much. Wolf pyure likes to get people so confused that they just follow him because that's their natural reaction.
No, we didn't come to that conclusion from you begging to die. We came to that conclusion from you voting for yourself and saying you got me. The begging came later. Here's a quote chain from earlier in the thread. Click the arrows on the quotes for the original post if you don't believe me.
I'm innocent. I just voted you because you should kill someone D1.
Here he defended himself. If he had said nothing or said the wrong thing, he probably would've gotten lynched anyways, and we'd be none the wiser. Then he does this:
vote LivingAngryCheese
He votes for himself, then leaves us to guess why. That's when realKC said
Maybe he's the tanner
To which LAC replied
Grats.

Dammit Pyure since when was I ever this useless?
This admitting to being the tanner. After which, we discussed, and came to the conclusion that either he is legitimately the tanner, or he's a wolf. At that point, we were more than content to lynch him as either we kill a wolf, or we kill the tanner. Either one is an acceptable loss. At that point, you made the mistake to say
WHY WOULD I WANT TO DIE IF I'M A WOLF. KILL ME.
Along with many other posts begging to lynch you, thus solidifying your claim to tanner.

Now, what worries me is he had two chances to get lynched, and managed to screw them both up. The first was when pyure was suspicious of his first vote. If he had remained quiet, or said the wrong thing, he'd have eventually been lynched anyways because of pyure's paranoia.

The second chance was when he did admit to being tanner. We were all set to kill him because that claim was rather suspicious. So either cheese was a wolf, or he was a tanner. If he had just left well enough alone, he'd be the one on the chopping block now, not J. But then he started begging.

Now, wolves don't normally beg to die. They do everything in their power to live. Now jesters on the other hand, when they get discovered and the village decides to let them live, they beg, they goof off, they get annoying, they look for wolves and try to team up with them. So because you begged. Because you didn't just sit back and let yourself die. Because of that, we were pretty sure that you were telling the truth. And so we decided not to kill you. It's your fault, not ours.

Though I don't get why he would refute the accusations of being a wolf. That is an incredibly strange thing for a jester to do. If anything, he would welcome the accusations. The more I think about it, the more I think it may be some kind of trick. Defending his vote I could get, but why reveal so early? Why do it so cryptically? Why defend himself from wolf accusations? Why beg for death when it was reasonably sure it was coming for him? There's a lot of points in this case that just don't add up.

Reactions: Pyure

LivingAngryCheese

Over-Achiever
Aug 22, 2014
A place
No, we didn't come to that conclusion from you begging to die. We came to that conclusion from you voting for yourself and saying you got me. The begging came later. Here's a quote chain from earlier in the thread. Click the arrows on the quotes for the original post if you don't believe me.

Here he defended himself. If he had said nothing or said the wrong thing, he probably would've gotten lynched anyways, and we'd be none the wiser. Then he does this:

To which LAC replied

This admitting to being the tanner. After which, we discussed, and came to the conclusion that either he is legitimately the tanner, or he's a wolf. At that point, we were more than content to lynch him as either we kill a wolf, or we kill the tanner. Either one is an acceptable loss. At that point, you made the mistake to say

Along with many other posts begging to lynch you, thus solidifying your claim to tanner.

Now, what worries me is he had two chances to get lynched, and managed to screw them both up. The first was when pyure was suspicious of his first vote. If he had remained quiet, or said the wrong thing, he'd have eventually been lynched anyways because of pyure's paranoia.

The second chance was when he did admit to being tanner. We were all set to kill him because that claim was rather suspicious. So either cheese was a wolf, or he was a tanner. If he had just left well enough alone, he'd be the one on the chopping block now, not J. But then he started begging.

Now, wolves don't normally beg to die. They do everything in their power to live. Now jesters on the other hand, when they get discovered and the village decides to let them live, they beg, they goof off, they get annoying, they look for wolves and try to team up with them. So because you begged. Because you didn't just sit back and let yourself die. Because of that, we were pretty sure that you were telling the truth. And so we decided not to kill you. It's your fault, not ours.

Though I don't get why he would refute the accusations of being a wolf. That is an incredibly strange thing for a jester to do. If anything, he would welcome the accusations. The more I think about it, the more I think it may be some kind of trick. Defending his vote I could get, but why reveal so early? Why do it so cryptically? Why defend himself from wolf accusations? Why beg for death when it was reasonably sure it was coming for him? There's a lot of points in this case that just don't add up.
Mmm yes, I'm a wolf. I didn't just read SE's post saying that he wanted to help lynch the Tanner.

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
Venerated Velociraptor batman! We've reached 10 pages on day one! Granted it was a ridiculously long day one, but still!
I had originally thought I wouldn't be able to send out the roles until some hours later than I actually did. When I got 'em done, I didn't want to adjust the hours on that amount of notice, in case people had planned around the nearly 48-hour first day. Still a lot has happened...

Sent from my NS-P16AT08 using Tapatalk

Reactions: LivingAngryCheese

LivingAngryCheese

Over-Achiever
Aug 22, 2014
A place
OK seeing as I'm probably not going to be lynched, let me spend some time as a pretty much confirmed villager getting my other win condition.
why not let the yoma deal with the jester? it wouldn't matter then if it's wrong or right choice. then there would be two targets down and more info to work with. voting the jester would just gives the wolfs more time,no?
It may just be fowl, but he is openly helping the Yoma here. He even seems to CHECK UP on the rolesheet specifically to help the Yoma. Seems pretty strange to me. Secondly, pyure is acting like wolf pyure. He's being more vague than usual, it creates confusion and obscurity. Usually as a villager he sits back a little bit to let other people express their views, but this time pyure is COMPLETELY running the show. Finally, vike is following and backing up pyure. This is ENTIRELY unlike vike, he never seems to follow and back up anyone... unless he knows they're on his team. Also, even if pyure is a villager, this isn't disproved, vike could be following him because he's wrong about J. This is, of course, for pyure and vike disproved if J turns out to be a wolf.

LivingAngryCheese

Over-Achiever
Aug 22, 2014
A place
OK seeing as I'm probably not going to be lynched, let me spend some time as a pretty much confirmed villager getting my other win condition.

It may just be fowl, but he is openly helping the Yoma here. He even seems to CHECK UP on the rolesheet specifically to help the Yoma. Seems pretty strange to me. Secondly, pyure is acting like wolf pyure. He's being more vague than usual, it creates confusion and obscurity. Usually as a villager he sits back a little bit to let other people express their views, but this time pyure is COMPLETELY running the show. Finally, vike is following and backing up pyure. This is ENTIRELY unlike vike, he never seems to follow and back up anyone... unless he knows they're on his team. Also, even if pyure is a villager, this isn't disproved, vike could be following him because he's wrong about J. This is, of course, for pyure and vike disproved if J turns out to be a wolf.
Also, fowl, vike and pyure, I wouldn't suggest lynching me. I'd be fine with it personally, but when I'm inevitably the tanner, you're screwed.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
A reminder that the day ends in about 22 hours from now. I think most people, if not everyone, has appeared and voted, but I'll try and go through the list as the deadline gets closer.
Good job on the verbose discussion...
Uh... It's been s4 hours already? Wow that was the most eventful day I've ever experienced in a werewolf game. It was like an entire game right there. Crazy.
I strongly feel that the FTB ww game is getting much better as a whole. Hugs you guys.

And on that note, Vote the_j because I don't think LAC is a wolf and I think the_j is now likely to be a wolf.
Vike vote-switches but somehow comes off less wolfy as a result. +town.

Can you give examples of where I'm vague? I'm pursuing every angle I can find and as far as I know I'm sharing every detail that doesn't outright provide useful information to wolves.

On the contrary, your claim that I'm vague is, itself, rather vague.

PS: I always run the show. I'm just a bit louder about it as town. A bit :)

Lastly: fwiw, nobody has pm'd me about being tanner.

LivingAngryCheese

Over-Achiever
Aug 22, 2014
A place
I strongly feel that the FTB ww game is getting much better as a whole. Hugs you guys.

Vike vote-switches but somehow comes off less wolfy as a result. +town.

Can you give examples of where I'm vague? I'm pursuing every angle I can find and as far as I know I'm sharing every detail that doesn't outright provide useful information to wolves.

On the contrary, your claim that I'm vague is, itself, rather vague.

PS: I always run the show. I'm just a bit louder about it as town. A bit :)

Lastly: fwiw, nobody has pm'd me about being tanner.
Hmm. It's less vague and more... misleading. You claimed that I still seemed like a wolf when I clearly wasn't and made lots of posts which contributed almost nothing to the game. It's just not ringing village pyure to me.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Ey, where's my analysis? Nobody has any thoughts on me? :( Anyways,
Explain to me... say... a SINGLE way I looked wolf.

To which LAC replied

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Explain to me... say... a SINGLE way I looked wolf.
Read virtually EVERY SINGLE POST where I mention you.

I have LITERALLY done the "IM A JESTER(WOLF)" strategy in games before. The fact of the matter is that you managed to get UNLYNCHED by claiming tanner. You were almost certainly going to die. Me and Vike picked our ponies, there was momentum to go with Vike's choice. Hell I even considered switching myself. And then you went off on a "I'm a tanner" crusade and everybody aborted mission. Does that sound like a real tanner to you?

No it sounds like a gambit. That's not a single way you look wolf, its a whole bunch of ways you look wolf.

Reactions: goreae

LivingAngryCheese

Over-Achiever
Aug 22, 2014
A place
In retrospect....woof?

Useless.

I was hoping for some better classic vike-analysis there mate

A (paranoid) guy might think you're teamed with the_J and looking for an easy scapegoat. Killing the tanner would work towards your victory condition.

That said: I think Cheese and the_J have essentially equivalent wolf-factor at this point. I won't blame anyone for going either way. So long as one of them dies a horrible bloody death.

Sorry, where did my logic go?

This is fantastic sir :)

Cheese's stuff there is totally outside is range btw. Either he got a role he has no idea how to use, or he's a wolf and effed up. I lean towards the latter.

Goreae's stuff is both bitching both for and against me. If we were wolves, this would probably be a good play (notwithstanding drawing a bunch of attention which is dumb)

Btw it APPEARS I COME OFF AS SOMEWHAT PARANOID AT TIMES. Sry about that.

On the other hand: 8 pages on D1 cats and kittens. And this day is double-length I think :)

So you added... nothing.. except bad logic and lots of words.

If he's town, he's definitely a tanner.

Going back to his angleshooting, I personally think he's a wolf and he has/had no idea which wolf he is. Maybe Eru neglected to send the wolves individual PMs since they have their own convo.

What!? Whu- wha- how.. how does that even happen? How is this contribution?

By personal tradition I never refer to neutrals as neutrals :p

Useless.

fowltief

Jul 29, 2019

i'm aware that some people don't read the rule sheet. it's important to know all possible outcomes and make my teammates aware the wolfs arn't the only issue. with it only being day 1(which is not even over yet) i think your making a better deal out of this then necessary. As far as i'm concerned Pyure is being Puyre. Same thing he's done in almost every game. I'll hold back my judgement until the proper time comes.

now stop making yourself into a giant target!

LivingAngryCheese

Over-Achiever
Aug 22, 2014
A place
Read virtually EVERY SINGLE POST where I mention you.

I have LITERALLY done the "IM A JESTER(WOLF)" strategy in games before. The fact of the matter is that you managed to get UNLYNCHED by claiming tanner. You were almost certainly going to die. Me and Vike picked our ponies, there was momentum to go with Vike's choice. Hell I even considered switching myself. And then you went off on a "I'm a tanner" crusade and everybody aborted mission. Does that sound like a real tanner to you?

No it sounds like a gambit. That's not a single way you look wolf, its a whole bunch of ways you look wolf.
Mmhmm. Yeah. So I claim tanner.. in the game where it doesn't matter if you lynch the tanner. Well done pyure.

Reactions: Pyure

LivingAngryCheese

Over-Achiever
Aug 22, 2014
A place
?? If I 360, I'm pointing the same direction I am already. I'm trying to point back the way I was before. I was voting the_J before. So I'm 180ing.

If you wanna take into account all the damn spinning I'm doing, sure?

But in this case, for this one spin action, I'm just 180ing. I may 180 again at some point. At which point that will still be a 180.

Jeez you people.

We have two guys who are acting so monstrously wolfy I dunno what to do :p

Oh.. and we had THIS.