Which Mods Do YOU Add To Ultimate?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Herrozerro

Jul 29, 2019
I removed voxel and EE3.

Added sword pedestals & Reis minimap.

May remove a few more mods as I'm experiencing out of memory errors which I haven't seen in a long time.

I tried adding sword pedestals but it crashes when I interact with them. what did you do?

bsb23

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not saying it isn't possible but the fact is that the work that goes into to make them play together is quite large. Like redo all world gen large. Which is no easy feat. Nether has to be rewritten. Mosdt recipes have to be rewritten or at least you tweak TFC. TFC contains no essentias yet. Forestry tree breeding would be destroyed. Come on man give us some pics.

ILoveGregTech

Jul 29, 2019
RP is not just about sorting. Its basically everything. But its great for making simple compact redstone builds (especially when combined with WRCBE) but block breakers and deployers are essential (I use them in almost every build)
Well you're not going to believe this but I also hate redstone :p
i'm a simple guy...[DOUBLEPOST=1363211386][/DOUBLEPOST]
No way he could even play like that!
Who me? I mean I MIGHT add RP2 for the gems, but that kind of takes away from GT...
This world I hated even after playing a while on it because even the SLIGHTEST cheat can ruin it...
I think I actually might start a server once i get a new computer because when playing online it's more fun...

Jyzarc

Jul 29, 2019
Its like a game now where people see how many really useful major mods they can disable. Like ic2, buildcraft, redpower, railcraft, thaumcraft. i mean I don't get the point of disabling mods you dont use anyways (with the exception of mods that change vanilla mechanics)

ILoveGregTech

Jul 29, 2019
Its like a game now where people see how many really useful major mods they can disable. Like ic2, buildcraft, redpower, railcraft, thaumcraft. i mean I don't get the point of disabling mods you dont use anyways (with the exception of mods that change vanilla mechanics)
So you're saying don't throw away something that isn't used? Or am I missing something?

Jyzarc

Jul 29, 2019
So you're saying don't throw away something that isn't used? Or am I missing something?

Its hard for me to believe you haven't ever used redpower. Or all of those others you disabled. I mean thats your decision and if you enjoy playing without those mods then good for you. I just can't see how you can't see anything useful there

ILoveGregTech

Jul 29, 2019
Its hard for me to believe you haven't ever used redpower. Or all of those others you disabled. I mean thats your decision and if you enjoy playing without those mods then good for you. I just can't see how you can't see anything useful there
Well, I probably didn't mention this, but I play SSP and most of these mods are:
A) More for SMP
B) More fun in SMP
C) Have hardly any use, if any at all in SSP
D) All Three
So yea, I mean MFFS? That's pointless imo in a SSP world.
And some of those mods I just don't really like their mechanics and/or don't use them. That doesn't mean I won't or haven't, just don't right now.
tl;dr some are pointless, for ME, in SSP

Jyzarc

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I probably didn't mention this, but I play SSP and most of these mods are:
A) More for SMP
B) More fun in SMP
C) Have hardly any use, if any at all in SSP
D) All Three
So yea, I mean MFFS? That's pointless imo in a SSP world.
And some of those mods I just don't really like their mechanics and/or don't use them. That doesn't mean I won't or haven't, just don't right now.
tl;dr some are pointless, for ME, in SSP

I agree that certain parts of the mod are meant for SMP. But there is usually some practical applications in ssp. Like MFFS for example can be used for wither fights so they dont destroy your world. With the stuff you disabled you might as well be just playing vanilla

Reactions: Meej

ILoveGregTech

Jul 29, 2019
I agree that certain parts of the mod are meant for SMP. But there is usually some practical applications in ssp. Like MFFS for example can be used for wither fights so they dont destroy your world. With the stuff you disabled you might as well be just playing vanilla
Meh, I don't agree, but oh well to each his own. Like I said one day I may add them back in if/when I gain an appreciation for some and/or all of their features.

Mero

Jul 29, 2019

Could you please tell me how IC2 is really useful to ME?

Jyzarc

Jul 29, 2019
Could you please tell me how IC2 is really useful to ME?

I know that a lot of functionality has been replaced by modular powersuits and thermspansion, that said it still has many unique and useful features, and gregtech adds even more

Mero

Jul 29, 2019
I know that a lot of functionality has been replaced by modular powersuits and thermspansion, that said it still has many unique and useful features, and gregtech adds even more

I don't and won't use mps. I also wouldn't wear a quantum suit, I see no need for it iron armor is more than enough for all the mobs outside of the lich in tf, which I also don't do. I have no despite to fly in minecraft and never have so I wouldn't use jetpacks or that chestplate, whatever it is.

The only thing in ic that I would actually use is the macerator.

Meej

Jul 29, 2019
I honestly like the balance AE has. While it may seem "easy" compared to say GregTech or it can trivialize other sorting systems, but it's silly to compare the shortcomings of one mod to a well written mod and say it is "op".

If anything I would say Mystcraft and Xycraft are just as "op" as AE, and would probably disable them before AE in a SSP.

Myst allows for rapid generation of customizable and "perfect" worlds. Setting up quarries w/ permanent solar power? You could argue that finding pages can be difficult... But lets be honest - a villager farm isn't that hard to produce, so pages aren't hard to come by, just time consuming.

Xycraft is a great mod, but implements certain things I would call "great" and/or "slightly-op".
- The soil blocks are simply too amazing. Makes finding food in the beginning centralize more around finding green xychromium than creating a more traditional water/soil farm to begin with. Down the road, combined with TC golems or SC this farm setup is the easiest auto-farm to set up and maintain (outdating the multifarm blocks more complicated setup)
- Fabricators are simply put - incredible and "slightly-op". They are what I would consider the tier upgrade to BC's automatic crafting system. Requiring no energy upkeep, smart and intuitive inventory utilization, incredibly cheap in comparison to what it CAN do.
- And then the fabled "tanks". Honestly, enough has been said about this.

That being said, I think the three mods listed above are no more "op" than the other, and not using AE is just a downright shame. The fact it can hook up so well with other mods makes it 10x more appealing. The complexity you CAN achieve with that system is way more exciting than a fragmented auto sorting/crafting system. What it simplifies or trivializes it makes up for by allowing you to build grander and more creative setups.

Jyzarc

Jul 29, 2019
I don't and won't use mps. I also wouldn't wear a quantum suit, I see no need for it iron armor is more than enough for all the mobs outside of the lich in tf, which I also don't do. I have no despite to fly in minecraft and never have so I wouldn't use jetpacks or that chestplate, whatever it is.

The only thing in ic that I would actually use is the macerator.
Dude, jetpacks are the best things ever

Reactions: ILoveGregTech

ILoveGregTech

Jul 29, 2019
I honestly like the balance AE has. While it may seem "easy" compared to say GregTech or it can trivialize other sorting systems, but it's silly to compare the shortcomings of one mod to a well written mod and say it is "op".

If anything I would say Mystcraft and Xycraft are just as "op" as AE, and would probably disable them before AE in a SSP.

Myst allows for rapid generation of customizable and "perfect" worlds. Setting up quarries w/ permanent solar power? You could argue that finding pages can be difficult... But lets be honest - a villager farm isn't that hard to produce, so pages aren't hard to come by, just time consuming.

Xycraft is a great mod, but implements certain things I would call "great" and/or "slightly-op".
- The soil blocks are simply too amazing. Makes finding food in the beginning centralize more around finding green xychromium than creating a more traditional water/soil farm to begin with. Down the road, combined with TC golems or SC this farm setup is the easiest auto-farm to set up and maintain (outdating the multifarm blocks more complicated setup)
- Fabricators are simply put - incredible and "slightly-op". They are what I would consider the tier upgrade to BC's automatic crafting system. Requiring no energy upkeep, smart and intuitive inventory utilization, incredibly cheap in comparison to what it CAN do.
- And then the fabled "tanks". Honestly, enough has been said about this.

That being said, I think the three mods listed above are no more "op" than the other, and not using AE is just a downright shame. The fact it can hook up so well with other mods makes it 10x more appealing. Then the complexity you CAN achieve with that system is way more exciting than a fragmented auto sorting/crafting system. What it simplifies or trivializes it makes up for by allowing you to build grander and more creative setups.
While I don't believe you are talking to me, or maybe you were I don't know lol, none of these are really OP except for Myst, and that has been LESS OP. I don't remember if I ever said that AE is OP, but if I have I don't know what I was talking about. It's the same situation as RedPower...It's GREAT looks FANTASTIC, but I'm never gonna use it, because quite frankly I'm not smart enough, nor do I have enough time to set up a complex sorting system when manually I can just move stuff from chest to chest...[DOUBLEPOST=1363216870][/DOUBLEPOST]
Dude, jetpacks are the best things ever
Better than the GraviChestPlate imo, because they cost less to power, and the only thing the GraviChestPlate offers is the ability to
A) Almost not get killed (let's be honest just fly away if you're about to die by mobs)
B) SWIM in lava (OP)

Jyzarc

Jul 29, 2019
While I don't believe you are talking to me, or maybe you were I don't know lol, none of these are really OP except for Myst, and that has been LESS OP. I don't remember if I ever said that AE is OP, but if I have I don't know what I was talking about. It's the same situation as RedPower...It's GREAT looks FANTASTIC, but I'm never gonna use it, because quite frankly I'm not smart enough, nor do I have enough time to set up a complex sorting system when manually I can just move stuff from chest to chest...[DOUBLEPOST=1363216870][/DOUBLEPOST]
Better than the GraviChestPlate imo, because they cost less to power, and the only thing the GraviChestPlate offers is the ability to
A) Almost not get killed (let's be honest just fly away if you're about to die by mobs)
B) SWIM in lava (OP)
Main point is that he hasnt used any IC2 armor or tools, WHAT KIND OF SOCIOPATH IS HE