Which Mods Do YOU Add To Ultimate?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

ILoveGregTech

Jul 29, 2019
So after I make a Fusion Reactor from GT in my current Mindcrack world I'm going to start a new Ultimate world.
I'm starting this thread to ask you guys which mods you like to add to your world.
I don't want any HUD mods or mods that make the game UBER easy (ruining GregTech)(I'm playing hard mode), but mods that you think add to the game. I was considering adding ICBM, Atomic Science, and Mekanism, but those aren't really THAT fun in a singleplayer world, and plus they are QUITE expensive. The only point of them being to blow stuff up basically which is retarded in a single player world.
Just to let you know I plan on taking out:

-Applied Energistics
-BiblioCraft
-ExtraBiomes
-Secret Rooms
-Voxel Mods
-Twilight Forest

And adding:
-Optifine (Possibly)
-Mystcraft (Most Likely)
-Minechem 2
-Better Than Buildcraft (Possibly, If It's Out By Then)
-Transformers Mod (IDK if this is the same as Power Converters, because FTB may name it weird as a .zip)(http://forum.industrial-craft.net/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=5789)

Once again, please just tell me any mods that you add to your world to make it more exciting and mods that DON'T ruin GregTech.......
Do NOT make this into another GT debate thread just because of my name; yes I DO like GT, but that is not the intent of this thread, please keep things civil, thank you...

EDIT:
Updated List:
  • Forge
  • Code Chicken Core
  • Misc Peripherals [Remove]
  • Not Enough Items
  • Power Crystals Core
  • Advanced Machines
  • Advanced Solarpanels [Change Config]
  • Applied Energistics [Remove]
  • BiblioCraft [Remove]
  • Buildcraft
  • ChargePads
  • Chicken Chunks [Remove]
  • Computercraft [Remove]
  • EE3 [Remove]
  • Ender Storage
  • Extrabees
  • Extrabiomes [Remove]
  • Factorization [Remove]
  • Flat Bedrock
  • Forestry
  • GraviGun [Remove]
  • Gravisuite
  • GregTech [Slightly Change Config]
  • Industrialcraft2
  • Nuclear Control
  • ImmibisCore [Remove]
  • InvTweaks
  • IronChest
  • Mine Factory Reloaded [Remove]
  • Modular Forcefield System
  • Modular Powersuits
  • Mystcraft [Remove]
  • NEI Plugins
  • Nether Ores
  • Obsidiplates
  • Omnitools
  • Petrogen
  • PortalGun
  • Power Converters [Remove]
  • Railcraft
  • Redpower [Remove]
  • SecretRooms [Remove]
  • Soulshards
  • Steves Carts
  • Thaumcraft
  • ThaumicBees
  • Thermal Expansion
  • Tubestuff [Remove]
  • Twilight Forest [Remove]
  • Voxelmods [Remove]
  • Wireless Redstone
  • XReliquary
  • Xycraft
Mods To Add:
  • Transformers Mod
  • Metallurgy 2
  • Chest Transporter Mod
  • Optifine

Geometry

Jul 29, 2019
Here is my current "Mods-to-add" list in addition to the ultimate pack:
better sprinting
optifine
sodacraft
magical crops
magic rings
jammy furniture
liquid xp
doggy talents
divine smoker
diamond meter
clay soldiers
better furnaces
cogs of the machine
tropicraft
mo creatures
lots of food
balkon's weapon mod
flans mod
millenaire
more bows
poop
useful cobble
combo armor
I realize some of them may be OP, but I want them just for the fun of it. Gonna be a PITA getting all these to cooperate with each other :D

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
I'm just going to add Trail mix, even though it's a silly mod it's still really useful for travel when my iron supplies are low and I can't bother screwing around with Railcraft.

ILoveGregTech

Jul 29, 2019
Here is my current "Mods-to-add" list in addition to the ultimate pack:
better sprinting
optifine
sodacraft
magical crops
magic rings
jammy furniture
liquid xp
doggy talents
divine smoker
diamond meter
clay soldiers
better furnaces
cogs of the machine
tropicraft
mo creatures
lots of food
balkon's weapon mod
flans mod
millenaire
more bows
poop
useful cobble
combo armor
I realize some of them may be OP, but I want them just for the fun of it. Gonna be a PITA getting all these to cooperate with each other :D
As long as you don't use those mods to BE OP then they probably won't be OP... Pretty good list of mods but its gonna take you forever to make all the IDs work together... Good luck :)

Geometry

Jul 29, 2019
As long as you don't use those mods to BE OP then they probably won't be OP... Pretty good list of mods but its gonna take you forever to make all the IDs work together... Good luck :)
Yea, I really don't plan to abuse any OP things. The most difficult mods to get working are probably gonna be: millenaire, tropicraft, mo creatures, and flans mod. But I can't wait to get my personal version of the "Ultimate Pack" :cool:

BeastFeeder

Jul 29, 2019
I just added mo creatures and disabled greg tech ( :) ). Its been great so far. Challenging without making me want to pull my hair out. You wont need to add Mystcraft; it's in Ultimate by default.

If there is one mod that would appear to make things easier it would be mystcraft, in fact, since it has the glowstone and dense ore dimensions.

Biblio craft doesn't seem to interfere with anything or make anything easier. May I ask what you dont like about it that you are taking that one out?

Affex

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to make mods stay when you update the modpack?
Cause thats the main reason I dont add any mods, I will probably forget when I update the modpack so all mod items gets removed when I load the world without the mods.

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
TrainCraft (I'm conscious enough not to use the steel for unintended purposes).

I like trains. Also, oil.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Is there a way to make mods stay when you update the modpack?
Cause thats the main reason I dont add any mods, I will probably forget when I update the modpack so all mod items gets removed when I load the world without the mods.
Not in the current launcher, it will always revert the pack to default release when you update.

glepet1962

Nov 15, 2012
I just added mo creatures and disabled greg tech ( :) ). Its been great so far. Challenging without making me want to pull my hair out. You wont need to add Mystcraft; it's in Ultimate by default.

If there is one mod that would appear to make things easier it would be mystcraft, in fact, since it has the glowstone and dense ore dimensions.

Biblio craft doesn't seem to interfere with anything or make anything easier. May I ask what you dont like about it that you are taking that one out?

When you added Mo's Creatures did you make many changes to the spawn configs? I found that I would lose all my food source animals (cows, pigs and chickens) within a few days as the wolves and bears would eat them. I changed their spawn rates but it didn't seem to help.
I like Bibliocraft. I have my record collection displayed next to the jukebox. :)

BeastFeeder

Jul 29, 2019
No, I haven't changed them yet. I usually find that it's more functional for me to farm for food so that doesn't bother me. Not having cows for leather is a bit of a pain when I want to craft books, but I usually loot villages and lich towers for those so it's not that big a deal either.

PCPuddin

Jul 29, 2019
the main two mods I'll be installing is ICBM and Galacticraft. Galacticraft is only in alpha and it already has so much in it, it's a very promising mod for the future

Affex

Jul 29, 2019
Im gonna wait until the ultimate pack is updated to 1.5 and to some mods have been updated to 1.5,
then I will add:
Galacticraft
More Bows
Lots of food
More Enchantments mod
Craftable mobs
Schematica Mod
Wild Caves 3

And some guns and explosives mods just too spice things up a bit

Skyqula

Jul 29, 2019
I took out all the IC2 stuff, steves carts and twilight forest/extrabiomes.

Added in:
- Biomes O Plenty: some realy amazing biomes in there
- Wild Caves 3: Realy adds to the caving experience :)
- Liquid XP: I just cant believe this isnt in by default o_O
- Liquid Metals: because barrels get boring and I love those new XYcraft tanks <3

Zaswe12

Jul 29, 2019
I just remove the liteloader, because if you remove that all the voxel mods get disabled, and I'm to lazy to disable each voxel mod.

Technician

Jul 29, 2019
Why on EARTH would you play without Applied Energetics? That's plain idiotic. It's a really powerful mod in my opinion. ATM I'm setting up an extensive sorting system with it. It's amazing!

BanzaiBlitz

Jul 29, 2019
Currently I am only adding
-Ars Magica
-Rei's Minimap
-Mo' Creatures

Removed:
-Voxel anything

I'll probably implement things like Millenaire and some others after a computer upgrade. I'm pushing my boundaries already and have plenty of lively experiences as it is. Mo' Creatures is obvious but Ars Magica also adds several new mobs (including light/dark mages that fight each other) as well as tons of random abandoned mage buildings. I'm kinda scared about going underground currently because of exactly just how much stuff I'm fighting at every turn! :D

I cannot really recommend Ars Magica highly enough. :)

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
Why on EARTH would you play without Applied Energetics? That's plain idiotic. It's a really powerful mod in my opinion. ATM I'm setting up an extensive sorting system with it. It's amazing!
I play without it exactly because it is so powerful. It is superior to any other storage/processing/autocrafting system, and leaves no room for other mods to fill in the gaps. With AE, everything in your base will be AE-driven. That's not a bad thing, and many people will certainly enjoy it. But I like combining different mods and having a little bit of everything, each mechanism best suited for the job it is doing and nothing else. To me AE is like taking your everyday diet, and replacing it with a bland protein substrate that will keep you fed for three days. It is more efficient, sure, but it is not more enjoyable.

(Obviously it's just my opinion, I am well aware and accept the fact that most people think otherwise. I'm not trying to make any objective statements about the mod, I'm not saying it is "overpowered" or "imbalanced", whatever those terms mean to you. I am just saying I personally don't like it, and I'm giving my reasons. Feel free to disagree.)