Which Mods Do YOU Add To Ultimate?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Jyzarc

Jul 29, 2019
It should work. Im currently making a smp private pack based off of ultimate, im currently up to 200 mods and it's stable (besides already known bugs from mods), and I have divine rpg working fine. I will post my configs once it's all finalized so that anyone can add any of those mods without any conflicts as I've not modified any of the default FTB config IDs. I have disabled secret rooms bc it causes mystcraft to crash and also voxel map bc I hate it. The only FTB config that gets modified is mystcraft provider id setting otherwise all your mystcraft ages tend to lead to divine rpg worlds.

If more mods that add creatures would let you edit the entity IDs it would be even better but they don't seem to. Mo'creatures works with my pack but I have it disabled bc it Jacks up spawning even with other mods controlling it. I've pretty much taken any stable smp mod that's not blatantly OP and plugged it in and resolved all conflicts. I still have several more to add though.

What mods are you using?

ILoveGregTech

Jul 29, 2019
Well obviously I add my own mod to the pack, and then I rip out everything I don't use. This includes:
-Voxel crap (Makes my crap computer run like crap.)
-GregTech (I despise this mod.)
-Forestry
-Railcraft
-IC2 and assorted addons (Obsolete, old, broken, and slow.)
-ComputerCraft (I play Minecraft so I can take a break from coding.)
-Factorization (Another power system? No thanks.)
-EE3 (Nope, my Alchemy system is more balanced, and it's not even halfway done.)

I also add Optifine and REI's minimap.
Except for the part about GT :p I agree with EVERYTHING you said. All explanations are PERFECT...

GreenWolf13

Jul 29, 2019
So you like gregtech but not industrialcraft eh? good luck with that. Also I could see railcraft and forestry being a bit useful
Meh, the only reason I used Railcraft was for tanks, and now we have fancy Xycraft tanks. As for forestry, the new Multifarms kind of ruined it, and I never liked the tree/bee breeding. Plus, MFR is better in every concievable way.

Reactions: Chocorate and Saice

Jyzarc

Jul 29, 2019
Meh, the only reason I used Railcraft was for tanks, and now we have fancy Xycraft tanks. As for forestry, the new Multifarms kind of ruined it, and I never liked the tree/bee breeding. Plus, MFR is better in every concievable way.

Ahh I just think railcraft makes minecarts way more awesome and actually gives you a reason to use them. And I like some of the other stuff from it like the walls. Forestry farms kinda suck but there is a lot more to it. I'm more of a "keep everything in and use what you want" guy

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Ahh I just think railcraft makes minecarts way more awesome and actually gives you a reason to use them. And I like some of the other stuff from it like the walls. Forestry farms kinda suck but there is a lot more to it. I'm more of a "keep everything in and use what you want" guy

I agree railcraft does pimp out carts. But so does steve's carts.

But to be honest I really just don't like carts to begin with so pimped out or not I have to agree Greenwolf on this one. I only use the tanks and now with XYcraft tanks I pretty much have no reason to really look at railcraft.

Reactions: GreenWolf13

Jyzarc

Jul 29, 2019
I agree railcraft does pimp out carts. But so does steve's carts.

But to be honest I really just don't like carts to begin with so pimped out or not I have to agree Greenwolf on this one. I only use the tanks and now with XYcraft tanks I pretty much have no reason to really look at railcraft.
Carts are a great system but most people are to lazy to do anything with them because they can be very complicated and usually there's a more efficient way. Etho is a good example of someone who uses railcraft to do awesome things

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Carts are a great system but most people are to lazy to do anything with them because they can be very complicated and usually there's a more efficient way. Etho is a good example of someone who uses railcraft to do awesome things

Yes he is and I agree.

But I just do not like the astics of carts. Never have been a fan of them.

Its not about being lazy I de rediculus things just becuase I can. Just carts never had that WOW factor to draw me in. Steve Carts sometimes tempt me but thats just a passing whim.

meuqsaco

Jul 29, 2019
Well obviously I add my own mod to the pack, and then I rip out everything I don't use. This includes:
-Voxel crap (Makes my crap computer run like crap.)
-GregTech (I despise this mod.)
-Forestry
-Railcraft
-IC2 and assorted addons (Obsolete, old, broken, and slow.)
-ComputerCraft (I play Minecraft so I can take a break from coding.)
-Factorization (Another power system? No thanks.)
-EE3 (Nope, my Alchemy system is more balanced, and it's not even halfway done.)

I also add Optifine and REI's minimap.

I agree with Voxel crap, EE3 and Factorization mainly, but I'm wondering why do you think IC2 has those problems? What alternative you use instead? Thermal expansion? Mekanism?

GreenWolf13

Jul 29, 2019
I agree with Voxel crap, EE3 and Factorization mainly, but I'm wondering why do you think IC2 has those problems? What alternative you use instead? Thermal expansion? Mekanism?
I mostly use Thermal Expansion. On my custom built pack (literally built from the ground up, solving id conflicts, etc...) I didn't even have Red Power. I only used mods that used BuildCraft power or no power system at all. I'm keeping Red Power in my custom ultimate install mostly for the logic gates and a few of the machines, but I mostly use a combination of TC3 golems, MFR conveyor belts, and Buildcraft pipes for sorting and transport, and Thermal Expansion for Ore processing. Modular Powersuits covers the niche that Quantum armor filled for "Super expensive overpowered armor" and Xycraft takes the place of RailCraft for liquid storage (also fabricators are awesome.) MFR farms are way better than Forestry farms in basically every way, and the animal/mob farms are amazing.

As for IC2, Thermal Expansion has surpassed it as the superior processing mod. It has a better energy network, much nicer guis, configurable input/output sides, and auto outputs to adjacent inventories/pipes. I can also hand all the ore gen from all the mods over to TE and customize it to suit my needs. Also, the Thermal Expansion author is a really cool guy, and the few times I've had the pleasure of talking with him, he's come across as a really nice, pleasant person. I don't get that feeling from RichardG, Alblaka, or the other IC2 devs.

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019
I mostly use Thermal Expansion. On my custom built pack (literally built from the ground up, solving id conflicts, etc...) I didn't even have Red Power. I only used mods that used BuildCraft power or no power system at all. I'm keeping Red Power in my custom ultimate install mostly for the logic gates and a few of the machines, but I mostly use a combination of TC3 golems, MFR conveyor belts, and Buildcraft pipes for sorting and transport, and Thermal Expansion for Ore processing. Modular Powersuits covers the niche that Quantum armor filled for "Super expensive overpowered armor" and Xycraft takes the place of RailCraft for liquid storage (also fabricators are awesome.) MFR farms are way better than Forestry farms in basically every way, and the animal/mob farms are amazing.

As for IC2, Thermal Expansion has surpassed it as the superior processing mod. It has a better energy network, much nicer guis, configurable input/output sides, and auto outputs to adjacent inventories/pipes. I can also hand all the ore gen from all the mods over to TE and customize it to suit my needs. Also, the Thermal Expansion author is a really cool guy, and the few times I've had the pleasure of talking with him, he's come across as a really nice, pleasant person. I don't get that feeling from RichardG, Alblaka, or the other IC2 devs.
And IC2's crafting is annoying. And it likes to explode and wreck your stuff. And TE uses mostly vanilla crafting materials. :3

Reactions: GreenWolf13

Evil Hamster

Jul 29, 2019
I removed voxel and EE3.

Added sword pedestals & Reis minimap.

May remove a few more mods as I'm experiencing out of memory errors which I haven't seen in a long time.

Herrozerro

Jul 29, 2019
Im thinking about adding Mo'creatures to my server. I have had mixed results in the past with lag and stuff. does anyone have any tips?

BeastFeeder

Jul 29, 2019
Im thinking about adding Mo'creatures to my server. I have had mixed results in the past with lag and stuff. does anyone have any tips?
No, you just install it along with the other mods that are listed in its readme file. (Dr zhark's spawn controller and a GUI API mod). Then you may have to tweak the spawn rates under global mod options in the menu. Thats all I had to do to get it working good with both ultimate and mindcrack. I think it makes the early game a lot more interesting so I'm glad I installed it before starting on a new map.

I haven't seen any unusual lag issues on my machine from it.

senderfn

Jul 29, 2019
Was someone able to add IC2 ComboArmors to the Ultimate Pack? Im getting a fail on startup, but no ID conflicts
->
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: ic2ca/common/item/armor/ItemArmorExoQuantum

Id appreciate any help.

Reactions: Geometry

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
I removed voxel and EE3.

Added sword pedestals & Reis minimap.

May remove a few more mods as I'm experiencing out of memory errors which I haven't seen in a long time.

Check your REI map and Optifine settings.

I was havign this issue really bad turned out was fixed by turning down REIs options a bit and scaling back Optifine rendering options a bit.

Still get them but no where near as bad. And it was out of the blue like the last update did something just dont know what.

Hannibal_00

Jul 29, 2019
Was someone able to add IC2 ComboArmors to the Ultimate Pack? Im getting a fail on startup, but no ID conflicts
->
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: ic2ca/common/item/armor/ItemArmorExoQuantum

Id appreciate any help.

Just update your mod .zip to the newest version

whythisname

Jul 29, 2019
Mods I've added:
-Liquid Metals (I like the idea, so I decided to just go ahead and add it)
-Additional Pipes
-Additional BC objects
-Routing pipe (those 3 are mostly to make the BC pipe system more interesting and useful, I generally like it more than RP2 tubes)

Mods I've removed:
-Advanced Solarpanels (too OP to be fun if you ask me)
-Bibliocraft (I have no need to display all my stuff so I removed it mostly to "trim fat", I might re-add it in the future though)
-ComputerCraft (OP and I don't play MC to write scripts)
-EE3 (The pinnacle of OP? Either way I don't like it)
-Factorization (There's not much I like about this mod, some things are decent but nowhere near enough to keep it in my game)
-Powerconverters (Give up unwieldy "smelt cobble into lava" power conversion? Never! And I don't feel like messing with the config to actually balance it)
-Secretrooms (I don't know, this mod just doesn't appeal to me. I play mostly single player so a secret room wouldn't have any practical purpose for me anyway)
-Thaumcraft (I'm not into all the magic stuff, I prefer tech mods in general)
-Twilight Forest (same as Thaumcraft)
-XReliquary (same as Thaumcraft)

I am considering to also add MineChem 2, but atm I think it's still a bit too unstable and in dev. Eventually it should get added to the pack anyway (I'm pretty sure I've already seen a config for it in the Ultimate config directory). And I'm considering taking out add the Voxel stuff to see if it'll help my fps.