Which Mods Do YOU Add To Ultimate?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Jyzarc

Jul 29, 2019
Mystcraft is in the ultimate pack by default. I'm probably gonna add mo creatures once its stable. I would suggest adding applied energistics back in. Its amazing

ILoveGregTech

Jul 29, 2019
I just added mo creatures and disabled greg tech ( :) ). Its been great so far. Challenging without making me want to pull my hair out. You wont need to add Mystcraft; it's in Ultimate by default.

If there is one mod that would appear to make things easier it would be mystcraft, in fact, since it has the glowstone and dense ore dimensions.

Biblio craft doesn't seem to interfere with anything or make anything easier. May I ask what you dont like about it that you are taking that one out?
I'm taking it out because I don't intent on using it... Don't get me wrong it looks great but I just won't use it

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
AE, and soon Immibis's Tubestuff and Microblocks.

EDIT: Did I say AE? I meant UE. Fail.

Jyzarc

Jul 29, 2019
I just added mo creatures and disabled greg tech ( :) ). Its been great so far. Challenging without making me want to pull my hair out. You wont need to add Mystcraft; it's in Ultimate by default.

If there is one mod that would appear to make things easier it would be mystcraft, in fact, since it has the glowstone and dense ore dimensions.

Biblio craft doesn't seem to interfere with anything or make anything easier. May I ask what you dont like about it that you are taking that one out?

How did you get mo creatures working? It loads up fine but the spawning seems to be broken

BeastFeeder

Jul 29, 2019
How did you get mo creatures working? It loads up fine but the spawning seems to be broken
Theres another mod you have to install that controls the spawning of it (I can't think of the name of it but it's listed in the mod's readme file). But even with that in there, by default it doesn't spawn a lot of hostiles, mostly passive and neutral ones. You can increase the rates in game with that other spawn controller mod installed. I think you also have to wait like a minecraft day or something also before the new mobs show up in existing worlds.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Not in the current launcher, it will always revert the pack to default release when you update.

It will also revert to default configs if you edited them at all.

So back those guys up before updating.

Jyzarc

Jul 29, 2019
Theres another mod you have to install that controls the spawning of it (I can't think of the name of it but it's listed in the mod's readme file). But even with that in there, by default it doesn't spawn a lot of hostiles, mostly passive and neutral ones. You can increase the rates in game with that other spawn controller mod installed. I think you also have to wait like a minecraft day or something also before the new mobs show up in existing worlds.

No I installed the mods properly. Back in 1.4.2 everything worked fine then in one of the 1.4.6/7 updates the spawning started to become weird. Mobs spawn but hostile ones spawn really weirdly. They spawn rarely but when they do they are in huge clusters of the same type, that goes for vanilla mobs too (even when I turn despawn vanilla mobs and change vanilla spawns to false) I also haven't found one angry zombie after spending hours searching for them(they do spawn with spawn eggs so theres no entity conflict) Also it seems to hate mystcraft

Hobby boy

Jul 29, 2019
The only mod I'm going to add to the pack is Optifine, as it will improve my frame rates in built up areas, and lag can be annoying.

BeastFeeder

Jul 29, 2019
No I installed the mods properly. Back in 1.4.2 everything worked fine then in one of the 1.4.6/7 updates the spawning started to become weird. Mobs spawn but hostile ones spawn really weirdly. They spawn rarely but when they do they are in huge clusters of the same type, that goes for vanilla mobs too (even when I turn despawn vanilla mobs and change vanilla spawns to false) I also haven't found one angry zombie after spending hours searching for them(they do spawn with spawn eggs so theres no entity conflict) Also it seems to hate mystcraft
Yeah, I dont know then. In my case I just installed it and it works.

meuqsaco

Jul 29, 2019
Here is my current "Mods-to-add" list in addition to the ultimate pack:
better sprinting
optifine
sodacraft
magical crops
magic rings
jammy furniture
liquid xp
doggy talents
divine smoker
diamond meter
clay soldiers
better furnaces
cogs of the machine
tropicraft
mo creatures
lots of food
balkon's weapon mod
flans mod
millenaire
more bows
poop
useful cobble
combo armor
I realize some of them may be OP, but I want them just for the fun of it. Gonna be a PITA getting all these to cooperate with each other :D

I'll definatly check some of those mods. I have added myself the following to my SMP:

- ICBM
- Mo'Creatures

I tried adding Divine RPG, but it is not compatible at all with the ultimate pack mods.

vineet

Jul 29, 2019
I'll definatly check some of those mods. I have added myself the following to my SMP:

- ICBM
- Mo'Creatures

I tried adding Divine RPG, but it is not compatible at all with the ultimate pack mods.
Really I was really planning on adding them.
Anyway I will add arcs magica, once I know how to :) , but I might take put any mods that I don't use to reduce lag.

GreenWolf13

Jul 29, 2019
Well obviously I add my own mod to the pack, and then I rip out everything I don't use. This includes:
-Voxel crap (Makes my crap computer run like crap.)
-GregTech (I despise this mod.)
-Forestry
-Railcraft
-IC2 and assorted addons (Obsolete, old, broken, and slow.)
-ComputerCraft (I play Minecraft so I can take a break from coding.)
-Factorization (Another power system? No thanks.)
-EE3 (Nope, my Alchemy system is more balanced, and it's not even halfway done.)

I also add Optifine and REI's minimap.

Reactions: ILoveGregTech

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
So far I've added...
Tropicraft
Timber (yes, I'm lazy :p)
Harvestcraft (gotta start with that)
Better Dungeons
Greg's Lighting
well, optifine of course, you'd say obviously if you see my computer in action.

I think I messed up on them all cause I haven't seen any content from them. Timber works though.

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
What's better? Treecapitator or Timber!
Timber! sounds cool cause it has a "!" after it :p
But Treecapitiator sounds much fancier, which is always a plus.
I wish they had SOME mod content. Those TF Trees are a pain to cut down, especially the large canopy trees, the huge oak trees, the darkforest trees, and all the other types of trees that mod may generate :D

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019
What's better? Treecapitator or Timber!
Timber! sounds cool cause it has a "!" after it :p
But Treecapitiator sounds much fancier, which is always a plus.
I wish they had SOME mod content. Those TF Trees are a pain to cut down, especially the large canopy trees, the huge oak trees, the darkforest trees, and all the other types of trees that mod may generate :D
I just turn off XBXL tree biomes and leave in the terrain ones.

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
What about the Twilight Forest ones? I do like the redwood trees *cough* one for a tree program *cough*...
Also, do you know the difference between the two tree-chopping mods?

zaekeon

Jul 29, 2019

- ICBM
- Mo'Creatures

It should work. Im currently making a smp private pack based off of ultimate, im currently up to 200 mods and it's stable (besides already known bugs from mods), and I have divine rpg working fine. I will post my configs once it's all finalized so that anyone can add any of those mods without any conflicts as I've not modified any of the default FTB config IDs. I have disabled secret rooms bc it causes mystcraft to crash and also voxel map bc I hate it. The only FTB config that gets modified is mystcraft provider id setting otherwise all your mystcraft ages tend to lead to divine rpg worlds.

If more mods that add creatures would let you edit the entity IDs it would be even better but they don't seem to. Mo'creatures works with my pack but I have it disabled bc it Jacks up spawning even with other mods controlling it. I've pretty much taken any stable smp mod that's not blatantly OP and plugged it in and resolved all conflicts. I still have several more to add though.