Which Mods Do YOU Add To Ultimate?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Meej

Jul 29, 2019
AE is incredibly easy mod to setup a "simple" system and use. And then there is the "quartz grinder" - basically the tier 0 macerator/pulverizer. If anything, just watch DW20's spotlight on AE.

Mero

Jul 29, 2019
Dude, jetpacks are the best things ever

I have used them before. I really don't miss or care that I'm not using them.

Sure they make getting to the top of a large hill easier than mountain goating, but I don't travel so that isn't an issue.
They have just never impressed me along with every other ic toy.

Dare2Win

Jul 29, 2019
Main point is that he hasnt used any IC2 armor or tools, WHAT KIND OF SOCIOPATH IS HE
Well, in my ultimate world, had a modular power tool long before i had a blast furnace for steel for a drill :p I love mps, especially the tool

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
He's not talking about you.
We all know how much you love GregTech, even though you may not even play it how it's supposed to be played. I don't either, adjustments to some non IC2 recipes when I don't want to use IC2 at the time, but I don't claim to be as much of a fantic as you.

ILoveGregTech

Jul 29, 2019
He's not talking about you.
We all know how much you love GregTech, even though you may not even play it how it's supposed to be played. I don't either, adjustments to some non IC2 recipes when I don't want to use IC2 at the time, but I don't claim to be as much of a fantic as you.
oh...well i wasn't quite sure i'd made my love of GT quite clear enough :p

bsb23

Jul 29, 2019
Strange you like Gregtech but not TFC? I figured you would be more of the "I love a challenge" type. Its personal preference based on how I play aka FTB is not survival mode thus "Survival mode as it should have been". I just might begin to worship the person that puts the effort into make a bridge between the two.

Reactions: kev12east

ILoveGregTech

Jul 29, 2019
Strange you like Gregtech but not TFC? I figured you would be more of the "I love a challenge" type. Its personal preference based on how I play aka FTB is not survival mode thus "Survival mode as it should have been". I just might begin to worship the person that puts the effort into make a bridge between the two.
Worship eh? :p
Well see I guess I'm kind of hypocritical because I never have tried the mod myself but I have seen videos on it and I didn't like it.. Maybe I'll try it to see for myself but right now my judgement of it is bad

kev12east

Jul 29, 2019
let the worship begin, my follower!
difficult, but fun to do, and once done, you never want to go back![DOUBLEPOST=1363229683][/DOUBLEPOST]
I'm writing this again so no one is confused or so this doesn't get buried. How the hell is TFC working with the ultimate pack.
read through the forums, or my account activity...

Azhrael

Jul 29, 2019
Aside from swapping the Voxel set for Rei's (nothing against voxel, my computer just isn't the best, and has trouble with it in conjunction with the rest of the pack), the only mod I've added is CuteMobModels, because, well... it's silly. :D And I actually get confused and surprised when things jump out at me again and don't immediately recognize them.

I kinda missed that feeling.

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
read through the forums, or my account activity...

Lol, Terrafirmacraft is coming to FTB, but not as part of the ultimate pack. I think you missed the purpose of that thread entirely.
...But show some screens if you think you did get them working together: Screens or it didn't happen.

Reactions: ILoveGregTech

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Well, lets see...
  • Ars Magicka(Magic. *snort snort*)
  • GalaticCraft(To the Moon, Biatch!)
  • UE stuff(2000 volts, coming up!)
  • Compact Solars(less OP then Advanced Solars for the longest time, now cheaper as well!)
  • Damage Indicators(Looks Fancy, helps keep track of which cow I'm murdering...)
  • Dynamic Elevators(They just are really nice to have)
  • StarGateCraft(because I wanted a cooler way to travel between my bases then MystCraft
And stuff I've disabled(some were for testing lag issues)
  • ComputerCraft(never really used it, because I've never really wanted to use it, but I'm going to enable it again once I get my lag solved completely)
  • ForgeIRC(not exactly high on my list of needed mods)
  • Gravity Gun(Don't use it at all, really. I've got plenty of other mods for killing things, and I don't care for it for moving things either)
  • Portal Gun(just took it out to test lag, I enjoy my ASHPD)
  • Secret Rooms(SSP much? Might add it again later for making my base better, though, once I get my evil lair spot picked)
  • Tubestuff(just was out because I was checking for lag, might add it again later)
  • Twilight Forest(again, lag checking.
And things I still need to add
  • Immbisis Microblocks(do I need to explain why?)
  • Liquid XP(too cool not to, plus it's handy for my planned mob farm)
  • Flans Mod(I miss my Elephant Gun... Plus killing the Ender Dragon without wrecking the crystals is much easier when you have a massive cannon)
  • Project Zulu(what's the point of having a Elephant Gun and no Elephants?)
  • Minechem 2(Just a mod I enjoy using now and then)
  • More magic stuff(Magic. *Snort Snort*)
  • And more random things. (I worship Giant Frog)
I hope to have a bunch of mods working nicely together, doing things no sane man would think of.
But for now, I must eat.

Geometry

Jul 29, 2019
While I don't believe you are talking to me, or maybe you were I don't know lol, none of these are really OP except for Myst, and that has been LESS OP. I don't remember if I ever said that AE is OP, but if I have I don't know what I was talking about. It's the same situation as RedPower...It's GREAT looks FANTASTIC, but I'm never gonna use it, because quite frankly I'm not smart enough, nor do I have enough time to set up a complex sorting system when manually I can just move stuff from chest to chest...[DOUBLEPOST=1363216870][/DOUBLEPOST]
Better than the GraviChestPlate imo, because they cost less to power, and the only thing the GraviChestPlate offers is the ability to
A) Almost not get killed (let's be honest just fly away if you're about to die by mobs)
B) SWIM in lava (OP)
Swim in lava? So what? I can make a full hazmat suit out of some cheap pieces of rubber and swim in lava forever whereas a Gravichestplate would still run out of charge.

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
Swim in lava? So what? I can make a full hazmat suit out of some cheap pieces of rubber and swim in lava forever whereas a Gravichestplate would still run out of charge.
?
The hazmat suits last you a few minutes at the most.
As easy it is for you to get rubber, getting energy is just as (if not more) easy. Plus, you don't have to keep replacing them mid-swim, if your plate is dangerously low, you can turn it on and fly out of the pit and recharge, while for hazmat you'll have to take off the armor and put it back on.

Then again, why would you swim in lava if you could fly over it?