What's new in modded minecraft today?

CarbonBasedGhost

Jul 29, 2019
The pipe signal is simply used to toggle between the two states, based on how it's crafted. I just used the glass to demonstrate.
Oh never mind I wasn't looking at the pipe signals you put into the crafting of the advanced facades but nonetheless looks awesome!

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
new day, new update, and today it's @Vazkii with an update for Botania
Vazkii said:
Beta 22
  • Added a failsafe for the Manasteel Ingot recipe with IC2 installed.
  • Added a new "Baubles and Accessories" tab to the lexica and a bunch of stuff to it.
  • Added Baubles API integration, Baubles is now required.
  • Added Essence of Eternal Life.
  • Added The Everlasting Guilty Pool (infinite Mana Pool for creative, totally not a GC reference)
  • Fixed looking up the recipe for some items going some levels lower and showing the recipe for one of the components, e.g. runes.
  • Fixed the tooltip text for the items in the lexica botania always being in white rather than gray.
  • Manasteel and Terrasteel tools can now be repaired in the vanilla anvil.
  • Some texture changes.
  • The Wand of the Forest is crafted with Livingwood sticks now.

and @CrazyPants with an update for EnderIO
CrazyPants said:
For 1.7.2:
IMPORTANT: You will need to delete all dark steel armour / tools / swords or they will not work properly.
IMPORTANT: You need to delete you config file before updating or all sorts of strange things will happen (and not just to you!)

Here are the main changes:
  • New upgrade system for the Dark Steel armour/tools
  • Requires an item and experience for each upgrade (performed in the anvil)
  • Items are repairable and enchantable
  • If powered, half of all durability damage is adsorbed by power
  • Upgrades provide functionality not available through enchantment and use power
  • Boots: 'step assist', higher single jumps and up to triple jumps
  • Leggings: 'speed I, II and III'
Merged bug fixes from 1.0.2
  • Bug fixes, boring.

and @Emoniph with another crazy changelog for Witchery
Emoniph said:
  • NEW: Witch hunter Armor set, leather armor with durability of iron. If the full set is worn: Bearer has 90% immunity to Curses of Misfortune and Waking Nightmare. Wearer has 90% immunity to Rite of Transposition pulls. Wearer is 100% immune to Vampiric Poppets. Wearer cannot use protection poppets. Wearer has a 25% chance of avoiding general Magical Damage (including voodoo poppets).
  • NEW: Witch Hunter Crossbow Pistol. Load by shift using (change ammo by shift-using again). Fire by using, has the same strength as a charged bow. Charge use to get crit. Different ammo types are available. Hand Crossbow may be enchanted (infinity halves durability loss instead of giving infinite ammo).
  • NEW: Wooden Bolt - Default ammo for the Pistol Crossbow. Effective against bark belt wearers and baba yaga.
  • NEW: Bone Bolt - Causes 1.5x damage against undead and demons (including players under the effects of the Infused brew of the grave).
  • NEW: Splitting Bolt - Splits into 3 Wooden Bolts fanning out in front of the crossbow, each bolt does half damage.
  • NEW: Nullifying Bolt - A wooden bolt that does not take the enchantment effects of the Crossbow. If fired by a player wearing the full Witch Hunter armor set, the bolt will reduce the power of a struck magic using player by 1/3 of their max level. Poppets (Death protection, vampiric, etc.) in poppet shelves will not function for the hit. Firing a nullifying bolt will completely drain the magical power level of the shooter.
  • NEW: Universal Antidote - Potion that when drunk will nullify poison and wither effects (stacks to 4).
  • NEW: Poppet Shelf Compass - Device with gems that light up as the player nears a poppet shelf. The more gems illuminated, the closer the shelf (has a range starting at 128 blocks).
  • NEW: Mob Witch Hunter - When a player uses black magic (voodoo poppets, parasitic poppets or curses) there is a chance that the Witch Hunter guild will notice and dispatch agents to track down the witch. These agents will appear from the shadows some time after the black magic is used, and attack the witch.
  • NEW: Binky's Skull can now be dropped upon defeating death. Using this skull on the ground will summon death's horse Binky. When Binky is killed, its skull will be dropped ready to be used again.
  • NEW: Death's Footwear, Robes and Hood. Defeating death may result in one of these pieces being dropped. The set (there are no legs) is iron armor with the durability of diamond. The chest piece grants fire immunity, the feet allow walking on liquids. The hood allows seeing in the dark and slowing those who the wearer looks at.
  • NEW: Hand of Death. Defeating death may result in this being dropped. Attacking with it causes a chill touch against the target (15% max health damage ignoring armor). Using (right-click) this while wearing all death's clothes will summon death's scythe (use again to dismiss). Death's scythe drains your hunger constantly. The lower your hunger the more damage the chill touch will do. Hitting with the scythe restores hunger and life depending on how low your hunger bar is. The scythe can hit multiple targets.
  • NEW: When a player summons Death, if a player is wearing all the Death Gear set and holding Death's Hand, that player will be summoned instead of the death mob.
  • NEW: As an experiment into block protection, all block altering effects on the Mystic Branch now generate the Forge BlockBreak event and will not perform their action if the event is cancelled. As long as servers are correctly using this event for block protection, this should be a good solution. Confirmed to work on Thaumcraft warded blocks.
  • TWEAK: Increased the spawn rate of Wispy Cotton in the Spirit World, to be more frequent.
  • TWEAK: Changed the spawn rate of Spirits in the Spirit World, to be less frequent.
  • TWEAK: Placed Spirits will not despawn.
  • FIX: An issue with Brew of Substitution and Solidifying Brew (Erosion).
  • FIX: Using a Boline to hit a Thaumcraft plant caused a null reference exception to occur. I think this is a "bug" in Thaumcraft, but this workaround stops the exception.
  • FIX: Spirits will now despawn when the player moves far enough away.
  • FIX: Brazier recipe for Drain Growth was too expensive and could cause lag.
  • FIX: Tinkers Construct has now fixed the issue with Heart canisters and being poisoned, so the Bark Belt UI icons now have to not do the workaround they did.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Simply Jetpacks has been pulled down at the request of IC2 Devs at claims it is too similar to their code

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic...f-powered-jetpacks/page__st__40#entry30893513

EDIT: After talking with Tonius11 in IRC he is working to get it back up so hold your horsies

hmm, some fresh new drama, been alot of that the past few months.
I can agree with a point that was raised that was saying that 2 things, that basically do the same will have a high chance of having the same kind of code, so ofcourse it's not suprising that there's similarities

but when it comes back, I hope it comes back with some new sexy model and textures ;)

Dynious

Jul 29, 2019
I just updated Refined Relocation to 1.0.3, it adds a bunch of new stuff.
New version! 1.0.3 is now available for download with A LOT of changes and additions!
- Added Sorting Importer
- Added Power Limiter
- Changed Sorting Interface (now has 1 connected side)
- Fixed MultiBlock render lag
- Added recipes to undo sorting upgrade
- Removed rendering hotfix for JABBA (update to 1.1.3!)
- Fixed version checking (1.7.2)
- No longer shipping with APIs from other mods!
Also, this is a video showing most of the changes for versions 1.0.1-1.0.3:

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
I can agree with a point that was raised that was saying that 2 things, that basically do the same will have a high chance of having the same kind of code, so ofcourse it's not suprising that there's similarities

but when it comes back, I hope it comes back with some new sexy model and textures ;)
That was my main issue with it, the models.

I agree. Lots of drama popping up recently. Mainly old guard vs new guard. There's a reason I stopped following many devs on twitter.

abculatter_2

Jul 29, 2019
Of course, Greg wouldn't be Greg if he didn't implement something unpopular:

Greg said:
Lets show off some of the Ores in the World. I just chose a few of the ones which I found on the Surface. And yes, Iron Ore (and Tetrahedrite) requires a Bronze or Iron Pick to mine. There are also a few Copper and Tin Ore Blocks which require just Stone Pickaxes.

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

Greg said:
Oh and I removed vanilla Ores (except Emeralds, those cannot be removed...)

Although, do note that replacing vanilla ores doesn't necessarily mean that he's reducing the spawning rates of these ores. For all we know, he may actually be increasing them, or making them easier to find.
I also personally kinda like how he's adding a bit more progression to metals, by making iron require bronze.
Also, him being able to control spawn rates of ores means that he can better balance them for his mod. Which may be bad for modpacks, though Gregtech is generally considered a modpack base rather then something you can easily tack on to a larger modpack, anyway.

Also, knowing Greg, you can pretty much guarentee that there will be config options for this.

He's also apparently adding his own tool system, which will be shiney and new, but there's no info on that whatsoever.

Oh, also, in case any of you were afraid that this would make the early game an impossible grind:
Greg said:
So, I finished Worldgen. I added tiny Ore Blocks, which drop single crushed Ores directly (Fortune Compatible) and are easier to break than regular Ore Blocks. Those can be found as single Blocks everywhere in the World. But they are limited to the very basic Resources, such as Coal, Iron, Copper, Tin, Gold, Silver, Lead, Nickel and Zinc.

So you don't have to search potentially hundreds of chunks to find copper and tin.

Oh, I also forgot to mention; In 1.7, his ores are no longer biome-dependent.

PurpleMentat

Jul 29, 2019
Of course, Greg wouldn't be Greg if he didn't implement something unpopular

This reads to me like GregTech is going the way of Better Then Wolves and TerraFirmaCraft. That is, a Minecraft Total Conversion. It might not be as intentionally incompatible as BTW, but entirely replacing Vanilla ore gen as the default option certainly won't make it easier to be compatible with others. Be interesting to see if he leaves behind the philosophy that complexity = depth which seemed to plague the mod last time I played it.

KillerRamer

Jul 29, 2019

Aye I've herd some pritty danm exciting news...

<KingLemming> [10:58:39] but here's the deal
<KingLemming> [10:58:59] if tonius thinks this is serious enough to discontinue
<KingLemming> [10:59:08] I'll reimplement jetpacks as part of TE
<tonius11> [10:59:18]
ohmy.png

<KingLemming> [10:59:35] using the CoFHLib functions which are established and have less than nothing to do with IC2
<sciguyryan> [10:59:54] tonius11: That's not saying you should stop
wink.png

<sciguyryan> [11:00:01] Just that KL won't let your work die.
<KingLemming> [11:00:11] the potato pack is too funny to not use
<KingLemming> [11:00:24] so with permission, I'll copy the structure and tech progression
<KingLemming> [11:00:34] copy the "idea" if you will
tongue.png

<KingLemming> [11:00:41] and then the code will be way the *CENSOR* different

abculatter_2

Jul 29, 2019
This reads to me like GregTech is going the way of Better Then Wolves and TerraFirmaCraft. That is, a Minecraft Total Conversion. It might not be as intentionally incompatible as BTW, but entirely replacing Vanilla ore gen as the default option certainly won't make it easier to be compatible with others. Be interesting to see if he leaves behind the philosophy that complexity = depth which seemed to plague the mod last time I played it.

He still has all the major ores, though quite frankly mods like TE and similar just don't work very well with Gregtech's sense of balance. All the other mods I can think of which aren't similar to TE can fit into this quite nicely.

And the philosophy of complexity = depth is exactly what makes his mod fun.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
That is actually the reason I follow so many devs... Some internet drama is always fun. Oh, and sneakpeeks are cool too :).
Agreed. I follow some. But feed spam is horrible from some. The shenanigans currently haven't been that bad.

Also great news on KL absorbing the jetpacks mod to stop the drama.

Last edited:
Reactions: PierceSG

mr10movie

Jul 29, 2019
This reads to me like GregTech is going the way of Better Then Wolves and TerraFirmaCraft. That is, a Minecraft Total Conversion. It might not be as intentionally incompatible as BTW, but entirely replacing Vanilla ore gen as the default option certainly won't make it easier to be compatible with others.
His ores aren't really incompatible. They work in a furnace/macerator/pulveriser/anything else like other mods, basically functioning as the vanilla variant of that ore.

I hope he doesn't go full conversion, and I don't think he'd want to anyway. He loves stuff like AE and railcraft and thamucraft. No reason as to why he'd make his mod without them in mind.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
He still has all the major ores, though quite frankly mods like TE and similar just don't work very well with Gregtech's sense of balance. All the other mods I can think of which aren't similar to TE can fit into this quite nicely.

And the philosophy of complexity = depth is exactly what makes his mod fun.

But is his mod really that complex. You build one thing, to build one thing, to build one thing. Linear progression even with occasional or even frequent backtracking. That's not really depth. It's actualy kinda simple. Just time consuming. The only challenge is remembering what you were doing. And all the time it takes to do it.[DOUBLEPOST=1398713473][/DOUBLEPOST]
His ores aren't really incompatible. They work in a furnace/macerator/pulveriser/anything else like other mods, basically functioning as the vanilla variant of that ore.

Unless he decides to change that. One thing that concerns me it that he sounds like he's planing on overriding ore gen from other mods. Or going to try to. I could be wrong but I wouldn't put it past him.

mr10movie

Jul 29, 2019
But is his mod really that complex. You build one thing, to build one thing, to build one thing. Linear progression even with occasional or even frequent backtracking. That's not really depth. It's actualy kinda simple. Just time consuming. The only challenge is remembering what you were doing. And all the time it takes to do it.[DOUBLEPOST=1398713473][/DOUBLEPOST]

Unless he decides to change that. One thing that concerns me it that he sounds like he's planing on overriding ore gen from other mods. Or going to try to. I could be wrong but I wouldn't put it past him.
I don't see how GT is different from other mods in that regard. Anytime I play GT, there is a machine that I will always build first, because it's the easiest path to take. If I wanted to, I could do things out of order, but that isn't the best way to go about it, time and material wise. I don't see how that is really different from other mods.

Also, greg wouldn't disable other mods ore gen, unless he had a really good reason. He may say you could disable all other mod oregen, and leave his in, as his mod spawns (probably) the largest veins of ore, and any more isn't necessary. Plus, his ores would have compatibility with all other mods that add that ore, so nothing changes really.

Reactions: Padfoote