What's new in modded minecraft today?

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
today, we start with a preview from @Bevo for Applied Energistics 2.
be sure to watch this preview, as it's not only done very awesome by Bevo, it also shows some very new cool stuff for Applied Energistics

next, an update to both JABBA, MobiusCore and Opis all maintained by ProfMobius
if you all don't mind I'll merge all 3 changelogs into one

ProfMobius said:
Jabba 1.1.0c
Small bugfix release to corner out some problems with the 1.1.0.

CHANGELOG
v1.1.0c
  • Fixed race condition over the state file in SSP.
  • Fixed crash when removing a BSpace interface before a sync is completed.
  • Added OreDict caching to make automatic OreDict conversion way faster.
v1.1.0b
  • Fixed hopper missing check for stack size when inserting in a ISidedInventory
  • Fixed a recipe problem with LP autocrafting tables
  • Added german localization (thx to Vexatos !)
v1.1.0a
  • Fixed small bug with structural recipes
If you enjoy my mods, you can become a patron here ! Many thanks !

Download it there

Opis 1.1.3 & MobiusCore 1.0.5
A bugfix and small features release. This release also setup a few important hooks for a few majors features I have planned next.

This requires the latest MobiusCore available on the same page (1.0.5).

Enjoy !

CHANGELOG
  • Updated to latest MapWriter (should fix the >128 mapwriter bug)
  • ~0 footprint when not running thanks to dynamic profiler loading.
  • All commands should now work on the remote console, providing a reduced text output when required.
  • Replaced the protocol breaking 251 by packet splitting. Should work out of the box on any and all proxies now.
  • Permission nodes are available as :
/opis_chunk mcp.mobius.opis.commands.server.CommandChunkList
/opis_delay mcp.mobius.opis.commands.server.CommandFrequency
/opis_start mcp.mobius.opis.commands.server.CommandStart
/opis_stop mcp.mobius.opis.commands.server.CommandStop
/opis_te mcp.mobius.opis.commands.server.CommandTimingTileEntities
/opis_mods mcp.mobius.opis.commands.server.CommandMeanModTime
/opis_dump mcp.mobius.opis.commands.server.CommandDataDump
/opis_ticks mcp.mobius.opis.commands.server.CommandTicks
/opis_ent mcp.mobius.opis.commands.server.CommandTimingEntities
/opis_nent mcp.mobius.opis.commands.server.CommandAmountEntities
/opis_kill mcp.mobius.opis.commands.server.CommandKill
/opis_killall mcp.mobius.opis.commands.server.CommandKillAll
/opis_reset mcp.mobius.opis.commands.server.CommandReset
/opis_help mcp.mobius.opis.commands.server.CommandHelp

If you enjoy my mods, you can become a patron here ! Many thanks !

Download it there

and there's been another new update for Thaumic Tinkerer by the new maintainers.
do note that this update does bring in a new block, but is also labeled as unstable

Thaumic Tinkerer said:
Changelog 2.0
Build 75 BETA unstable
05/02/2014
  • Added Levitational Locomotive.
  • Fixed issue #189
  • Fixed issue #169

and yet another new mod by @immibis who really seems to be on a roll lately with new mods.
it's a mod called Cloud Storage. now I could explain it all in details, but I think immibis can do it better then me

Thought I would post this here, as well as on Reddit.
Download: http://immibis.com/mcrandom/CloudStorage-1.1.jar
Requires Immibis Core from here. Also requires the EU, MJ and RF APIs from anywhere - most likely from IC2, Buildcraft and CoFH Core, but other mods may include them. I'll fix this requirement later if it's a problem.
Using your cloud storage:
Use the command "/cloud" to access your storage. It works like an ME Access Terminal. The scrollbar is not implemented - use the search bar instead. This GUI has some desync problems, which should be minor. Items with NBT cannot be stored in the cloud.
Using the VPN Tool:
The VPN Tool allows machines to interact with your cloud.
Craft it from a piece of dirt and a piece of redstone (shapeless). Right click on nothing to change modes. Right click on a block side to display what that side is set to. Shift-right-click on a block side, with the appropriate mode, to change what that side is set to.
Actions set with the VPN Tool will only happen when you are online.
Available modes are:

Nothing (stops any effect)
Extract items - extracts everything that can be extracted from that side.
Insert items - inserts particular items into that side. When you set it, it will display a GUI where you can select the items to filter.
Extract RF - extracts RF from Energy Cells. The cloud can store a very large amount of RF. The side must be set to output mode.
Insert RF - powers the machine with RF.
Extract EU - extracts EU from batboxes, CESUs, MFEs and MFSUs. The cloud can store a very large amount of EU. Works on any side of the block.
Insert EU - sends EU based on the machine's maximum EU/t rating. That means if you apply this on more than one side the machine will explode. Don't do that.
Insert MJ - converts EU or RF to MJ, and then powers the machine with MJ.

Using the VPN Copier
The VPN copier is crafted from two pieces of dirt and a piece of redstone, shapeless.
Shift-right-click on a block to copy settings from it, then right-click on another block to paste them. This makes it easy to set up lots of identical machines.
Screenshots
Cloud storage interface:
Old GIF (17MB): http://giant.gfycat.com/DaringCostlyKarakul.gif

and lastly a mod by @dmillerw called Abstract Power
it's a mod that's inspired by @immibis Dark Panels, but again, I think dmillerw can explain it better then me ;)

This isn't a very serious mod, first off. Kind of inspired by Immibis's "Dark Panels" mod (found here), I had this random idea on my way home of blocks that only produce power when you're not looking at them. So I present to you, the Abstract Generator!
Download
Yes, it's kind of pointless and OP, but it's fun!
These blocks can produce both EU and RF, and the values they produce can be configured in the config.
AS THESE BLOCKS ARE HIGHLY UNSTABLE, BREAKING THEM MAY CAUSE SEVERE ADVERSE EFFECTS! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.
Basically these blocks explode with the force of 2 1/2 blocks of TNT if you break them, so be careful!

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
today, we start with a preview from @Bevo for Applied Energistics 2.
be sure to watch this preview, as it's not only done very awesome by Bevo, it also shows some very new cool stuff for Applied Energistics

tumblr_mofrs7f8Gt1sppmago1_250.gif

Reactions: PierceSG

MoosyDoosy

Jul 29, 2019
Wait, @immibis how does Cloud Storage exactly work? Do you need to store your items into a block to access your cloud? I'm guessing the /cloud command can work anywhere as well. Sounds awesome, btw.

SynfulChaot

Jul 29, 2019
Magical Crops released a public beta for it's next version, adding in more ores and awesomeness including cobalt, ardite, ferrous, and shiny ores/ingots.

Magical Crops said:
Magical Crops 3.2.0 Public BETA (Big Code Change) - Download & Change log
02/06/2014

This version has gone through many changes, mainly all to do with code clean up, some major bugs have been fixed, e.g. NEI Shift click [?] fixed. Also lot's of new additions, everything is listed below.

Download:
http://adf.ly/d91RL

Change log:WARNING! This will/can break current worlds with older versions of Magical Crops installed, you have been warned, create a new world in order for this new version to work properly. Testers have installed this into current worlds, by using either MCEdit or changing all the new ID's to the older ones, you will still get lose of items and plants.
- Change:
Massive code clean up.
- Change: Magic Essence recipes no longer require the tier below to craft.
- Change: You can now put magic essence in a crafting table to uncraft and get lower tier items back.
- Change: When crafting seeds you only get 1 instead of the old 2 (this is configurable in the configs)
- Change: When right clicking an experience orb, you get 40 experience only, no matter on your level, this is to fix the old OP experience stone.
- Removed: Essence wand
- Changed: Recipes to make blocks that used the essence wand have changed, it requires 8 of the block plus a essence in the bottom middle sqaure.
- Changed: Magical Crops now have the chance to drop Weak essence instead of essence dust.
- Removed: Ability to craft a bow out of skeleton essence.
- Changed: New Essence ore and nether essence ore textures, look a lot less like emerald ore now.
- Change: Thaumcraft support will now only load if you have Thaumcraft installed.
- Change: MineFactoryReloaded support for all crops added, MASIVE THANK YOU TO; Patmo98, this will also now only load if MFR is installed.
- Added: Config option to change the amount of seeds you get from crafting them, new default is 1, max is 64.
- Changed: Dye Essence name now has less colour, this change is due to some search functions finding it hard to get the old name.
- Change: Lowered the amount of crop textures, now stage 0, 1 and 2 all read the same image, the final texture is the only difference per crop (this will reduce the assets folder file size)
- Added: Wither Skeleton crop, seed, and essence, can now craft wither skulls.
- Removed: Christmas Essence completely removed from code.
- Change: Dye Crop texture changed, looks much better (animated).
- Added: Config option to change the max amount of essence ore that can be generated per vein, default 4.
- Added: Config option to change the Y Cord the essence ore starts to generate, default 45.
- Changed: Raw Alumium has now been changed into Alumium Ingot.
- Added: Light Inufsed Wood Planks, Obsdiain Infused Wood Planks and Tinted Wood Planks all been added to the OreDictionary.
- Change: Alumium crop texture slightly changed.
- Added: Force crop, seeds and essence, and ability to craft force gems.
- Added: Cobalt crop, seeds and essence, and ability to craft cobalt ore.
- Added: Ardite crop, seeds and essence, and ability to craft ardite ore.
- Added: Nickel/Ferrous crop, seeds and essence, and ability to craft ferrous/nickel ore.
- Added: Platinum/Shiny Ingot crop, seeds and essence, and ability to craft platinum/shiny ingot.
- FIXED: NEI [?] shift clicking now works.
- Added: Obsidian Defender, While holding down right click with this in your hand, you are fully immune to lava and fire, 5000 durability.
- Added: Cobblestone Voider, when right clicked and kept in inventory, it will void all cobblestone in your inventory, unlimited uses.
- Added: Health Orb, when injured and right clicked it heals you for 2 full hearts, has 150 uses.
- Added: You can now config most essence outputs, e.g. How many Iron ore you get from crafting with iron essence.
- Changed: Standard crop textures have been changed, back to the older more Minecraft textures.
- Added: Ability to disable standard crops, seeds and food in the config file, also standard crops has it's own config file.
- Changed: Magical food now restores 3 hunger and gives 3 seconds of health regeneration, also it's had it's texture changed.

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
I believe we also need to mention the new thing among the modders, Patreon. I've already seen a tweet from Pahimar about it.

Kyll.Ing.

Jul 29, 2019
I believe we also need to mention the new thing among the modders, Patreon. I've already seen a tweet from Pahimar about it.

Care to elaborate, please? I don't follow the community that much, so most of the news I get from here. I see this thread as a news thread, not a "news about other news somewhere else" thread.

Oh, and AE2 looks glorious. One day, when I've decided that Ultimate no longer does it for me, its inclusion will be one of the main criteria for choosing what modpack I'll play next.

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Care to elaborate, please? I don't follow the community that much, so most of the news I get from here. I see this thread as a news thread, not a "news about other news somewhere else" thread.

Oh, and AE2 looks glorious. One day, when I've decided that Ultimate no longer does it for me, its inclusion will be one of the main criteria for choosing what modpack I'll play next.
Patreon is a site where you can donate a set amount of money to a person per month. Its a step in the right direction because modders using it can get more income from it then from sites like ad.fly, and the users can donate money directly! The person can also post info on their project, rewards, a video, and personal info. And the site can be used by more then just modders too!

Reactions: PierceSG