What's new in modded minecraft today?

Lyra_Chan

Jul 29, 2019
Brainslug83 updated Biospheres to 1.7.10. I don't know how many of you used it back in the day, but here it is none the less<3
http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...raft-mods/wip-mods/2236413-new-biospheres-mod.
Hey guys, this is my first mod project.

It's a port/update of Risugami's original Biosphere Mod for Minecraft 1.6.x. I fixed a lot of random stuff in here, and made a lot of random updates/restructures as well and even added a few things.

DOWNLOAD LINKS (Updated April 16, 2015):

NewBiospheresMod-1.7.x-0.8.jar (STABLE)
NewBiospheresMod-1.7.x-0.85.jar (!!BETA!! !!BUGGY!!)

(PLEASE NOTE: the beta version has introduced some new issues and they're pretty bad -- I hope to have them fixed soon -- but in the meanwhile, upgrading should only be for the most adventurous. This version will eat your dog and burn your house down.)

(Requires Minecraft 1.7.x with the latest appropriate version of Forge Installed, just put this in your "Mods" folder.
Tested with MC 1.7.2 / Forge 1147, and MC 1.7.10 / Forge 1291 -- with JRE 7u76 for Windows, 64-bit.)

The source is available on github (with full dev. environment setup instructions) at:https://github.com/BrainSlugs83/NewBiospheresMod
You'll find the release archives under the "Releases" folder.

I'm trying to transition this mod to the github page, so we can track issues, etc. (so I don't lose track of them). If something needs discussion, we can do that here, but otherwise, let's try to migrate the feature requests and bugs to the github pageissue tracker.

Ore Orb Changes:
3ITZswy.png

This is probably the most obvious change: the ore orbs are covered in glass, they have a lot more ore in them than before, and they're placed randomly now too. And while it's still pretty damn hazardous to get to/from them, it's also about one million percent more feasible with the new janky, randomly half-missing stairways. Another hazard that's been added for ****s and giggles is the random blocks of lava you'll find in them.
635356669595335315.png

(Note: the density of the ore, and the presence of the stairways are configurable.)

Config File Changes:
OZtMIS9.png

This is probably the next biggest win: I've updated the configuration / properties to the mod to be editable from within Minecraft (under the mods menu), a lot of the settings are different than before. Of important note: changes to the settings only affect NEW WORLDS that you create (yes you can click an existing world and select "re-create", a restart is not required). -- If you're having trouble understanding something, hover over the option and wait for the hover text to pop-up, it should explain how to use each property.

Other Changes:
Off the top of my head:

• It should be a bit faster, it skips a ton of work by skipping chunks that would just all be filled with the outside block (it does an arrays.fill and moves on), and it now it caches the sphere data for each grid segment so that each chunk doesn't have to regenerate the same sphere over and over.
  • Lakes / Lava Pools now have uneven bottoms (when noise is turned on) rather than just being a half sphere that was way too deep, it's shaped a lot more naturally now.
  • It's now multi-core friendly -- the original code kept a lot of state in the provider objects, so if you called them method twice from different threads with two different chunks... well, you weren't going to get good results. -- This is fixed now, so you can turn on those multi-core chunk loading settings in OptiFine with this Mod now. :)
Features Added (Week of Oct. 18, 2014) [v0.8]:
Remember, when you change the configuration options, they only apply to new Worlds. Unfortunately, for the new options, it will apply to your existing World, but only the first time you open it. After that the existing world will remember that option forever (this is to prevent you from derping up your existing worlds). To make a world forget the existing options go into the data directory and delete the "newbiospheresmod.dat" file.

• Added support for Minecraft 1.7.2.
  • Orb's are now fully configurable (including glass outside block, ore chances, etc.)
  • Orb Stairways are now fully configurable.
  • Biome weights are now configurable.
  • I've split the Configuration settings into Multiple Pages/Groups.
  • The spawning logic has been improved.
Features Added (Week of April 10th, 2015) [v0.85]:

• Domes are now configurable (like Ore Orbs were previously), there are up to four types of domes with four types of blocks in each dome (each with individual weights).
  • The spawning logic has been improved some more. You should no longer spawn in the void, or on top of a dome.
  • Light is able to pass through the dome blocks (like if you make the dome block "TNT", it should not be pitch black inside -- you can't see through the blocks, but it's light inside, just like "TNT" was glass).
Planned Features (Backlog):
Issues and features are now being tracked on The GitHub Issue Tracker for the project. Please feel free to log your bugs or feature requests there (make sure to search that there's not a duplicate).

If you want to discuss an issue before logging it or need some help, feel free to post here!

Questions, Comments, Suggestions, Feedback, etc. are all very welcome. If you experience any issues or ****ed up terrain, etc. please post the seed, coordinates (and any custom configuration settings), and I'll take a look.

Let me know what y'all think!
635356669595335315.png

Epilogue (for now):
I took a break from developing this morning and decided to play test it while I listen to an audio book -- here are some screenshots:
8aIsmQm.png

9EZiwyY.png

rDh9SNl.png
EDIT: After playing with it for a bit, I can say that it doesn't like other modded world gen very much. It tends to break it. However, ores seem to work fine

Last edited:

Lyra_Chan

Jul 29, 2019
I hear @Zandorum is working on a small mod, as seen on reddit.
https://www.reddit.com/r/feedthebeast/comments/3f3et7/new_mod_currently_unnamed/
Doesn't have a name yet, but it has to do with duping dusts as well as dungeon loot.
-Crystal Ore, 50/50 chance of 1 Spawning per Chunk. Yields 1-6 Crystal Dust.

-Crystal Dust, Can be crafted with any Dust to turn into 3 of that Dust (Example: 1 Crystal Dust + 1 Gold Dust = 3 Gold Dust), This has Botania, Hardcore Ender Expansion and Industrialcraft support for Pixie Dust, Star Dust and Energium Dust.

-Crystal Scryring Chest, A locked chest that can be opened with a Key, yields Dungeon Loot with a 15% higher chance of better loot than a normal dungeon chest each time it's opened. Can only be opened by using a Crystal Key. Tile Entity's cannot be touching the chest or it will explode (This is to prevent automation, This is due to how good this is in my opinion).

-Crystal Key, This is made from 2 Key Parts; The tooth half and loop half of the key. When used to open a Crystal Scrying Chest you can get 1-5 Crystal Dust however the key is destroyed.

-Crystal Key (Tooth Half)/(Loop Half), These key parts are a 1 in 650 chance to drop from any mob if killed by a player (This detect's fake players, it wont drop it for a fake player), If the mob was a Boss it has a 1 in 115 chance to drop and lastly if it was killed by a non-player it has a 1 in 3200 chance. These chances are configurable.
NOTE: I have nothing to do with the mod, I just thought it looked cool.

FyberOptic

Jul 29, 2019
If you hate the floaty physics of 1.8+ as much as I do, I already made a mod for the 1.9 snapshot to get rid of it. It's a primary tweak class, and it's a complete manual install. I put instructions in the JAR though.

I have no idea if the falling-through-the-floor bug from vanilla 1.8 still exists in 1.9 yet, since it was tricky to find a scenario to recreate it. Only the shadow disappeared without this patch in 1.8, so it wasn't very noticeable, but with the patch it made mobs occasionally drop half-way into the block. But even if that still exists in 1.9, I can live with that more than the floating. You might not feel the same.

EDIT: Forget all of this, I made a loader that will make loading other mods much simpler.

MORE EDITS: I added an equivalent of FastLeafDecay for use with 15w31a + Meddle.

Last edited:

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
new day, new update, and today it's @pau101 with Fairy Lights
pau101 said:
Fairy Lights adds decorative string lights that can have any combination of six light variants each with one of the sixteen dye colors.

Crafting:
In order to craft Fairy Lights you first must craft the lights. Lights come in six variants, fairy light, paper lantern, orb lantern, flower light, ornate lantern, and oil lantern. Fairy lights are crafted by a horizontal combination of iron ingot, string or stick, iron ingot, along with any combination of lights to specify a pattern (top-down, left-right). If glowstone is included the fairy lights will twinkle. If string is used there will be slack in the connection and if a stick is used the connection will be straight. The fairy lights item will only show the first four light colors, but the most lights that can be crafted is eight by placing a fairy lights in a crafting table with eight lights.

Fairy Lights Usage:
Right click on the side of a block, or an existing fastener, to place a fastener, now there will be a connection from the fastener to you. From then you right click on another side of a block, or an existing fastener, to complete the connection.

and @sky01 with Extra Golems
sky01 said:
Ever get tired of plain old Iron Golems? So difficult to make, always look the same . . . Well, Extra Golems for 1.7.10 is here for you!

Now introducing 17 golems made from vanilla blocks, ranging from wood and glass to diamond and nether brick. Each golem has unique properties (as described below). Have fun!

How to Use:

Make a Golem Spell by combining 1 Feather, 1 Redstone, 1 Ink Sack, and 1 Paper in a crafting grid.

To make a Golem Head, combine a Golem Spell and a pumpkin -- the block looks the same because all you did is stuff a magical paper inside.

Golems will not spawn on their own. You must build them by placing blocks in a 'T' formation, similar to the Iron Golem, and placing a Golem Head on top. Once created, golems act like vanilla Iron Golems, killing monsters and defending your fort / base / testificate prison.

Extra Golems adds the following to the minecraft universe:

• Diamond Golem (220 health, 20 attack)
  • Emerald Golem (190 health, 18 attack)
  • Gold Golem (80 health, 8 attack)
  • Lapis Lazuli Golem (50 health, 6 attack, gives targeted entities a negative potion effect)
  • Sandstone Golem (15 health, 4 attack)
  • Wool Golem (10 health, 1 attack, right click to change color)
  • Hardened Clay Golem (22 health, 4 attack)
  • Obsidian Golem (120 health, 18 attack)
  • Librarian (Bookshelf) Golem (28 health, 4 attack, grants itself a beneficial potion effect)
  • Glass Golem (8 health, 14 attack)
  • Log Golem (20 health, 3 attack, right click to change texture)
  • Clay Golem (20 health, 2 attack)
  • Straw (Hay Bale) Golem (10 health, 1 attack)
  • Nether Brick Golem (25 health, 7 attack, lights target entity on fire)
  • Glowstone Golem (8 health, 12 attack, will light up area in future releases)
  • Endstone Golem (50 health, 8 attack, teleporting ability)
  • Packed Ice Golem (18 health, 7 attack, walks over water and lava by cooling/freezing blocks)
Requirements: Forge for 1.7.10 (this mod was built and tested with release 10.13.4.1448)

Please report any bugs or mod conflicts -- this mod should be compatible with all other mods, but you never know.

In the idea box: Quartz golems, Piston golems, TNT golems, Cobblestone Wall golems, and so on.

and @rikmuld with World Sync
rikmuld said:
What is World Sync?
The World Sync mod allows for easy syncing of worlds between computers and storing your worlds online from in-game. With World Sync you will never again lose another world, and will you be able to play your worlds everywhere, given there is an internet connection available.

How does it work?
World Sync uses Dropbox to store and sync your worlds. Upon installing World Sync you are required to link your Dropbox account (no worries, the mod only has access to one directory created in the app folder in Dropbox), this can be done by pressing the Dropbox icon in the main menu. After linking your Dropbox you will be able to upload, download and sync worlds, all from within Minecraft (a GUI can be found if the button: "WSync" is pressed in the "Select World" GUI).

The Logic
World Sync works with a client and server world data file containing the filename of the world and the time when the world was last played. Upon entering the WSync GUI the server file is downloaded and will be compared with the client file, based on this new server worlds will be downloadable new client worlds can be uploaded and unsynced worlds can be synced.

During these operations, the worlds are being zipped, when uploaded to the server, and unzipped, when downloaded. This is to make sure the operations

will be executed as fast as possible (about 3 seconds) and the worlds will take up the least space in your Dropbox.

Furthermore when you link your Dropbox, it is linked to the currently logged user, so when you login with a different Minecraft account 'your' Dropbox will not be linked and your online worlds are inaccessible. It is of course, possible to link more Minecraft usernames to the same DropBox but even then worlds uploaded with one account will not be accessible when logged in with a different account linked to the same Dropbox.

Is it safe?
Are my worlds safe from other people? Yes they are! As long as your PC or Dropbox isn't hacked nothing will happen. So I think you are fine :).

Is it safe, won't my words disappear? I can't even fathom how that would happen, but still computers are wired sometimes... Though I think it is nearly impossible for your local and server worlds to disappear, I can't give you a 100% guarantee on it, since neither I nor this mod is perfect.

Lyra_Chan

Jul 29, 2019
New LMT update on this fine morning. Worked on it all night~
-Cleaned up some code

-Fixed: Removed recipe for Heart of Aphrodite

-New: Broken Souls
-Found in dungeon chests. Used for crafting dream alloys

-New: Bloodmoon Armour
-Shiny new armour that all red and cool

-New: Icarium Amour
-Shiny new armour that is less red and more white and 0.9999% less cool

-New: Nightmarium Ingots
-New Dream Alloy

- New: Dreamium Ingots
-New Dream Alloy.. If the name wasn't obvious of what it was, than I must be more stupid than I though.

-New: Nothingmorite
-This isn't an actual thing.. there is just nothing else that is new.
Can be found here: http://minecraft.curseforge.com/mc-mods/232840-lyras-magnificent-trinkets/files/2249806

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
*snort* herpderp it counted tu seekstynyne lulz *gigglesnort* derp.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
A tripple release. RFTools got updated to 3.21, McJtyLib got updated to 1.1.0 and here is also the first release of Deep Resonance 0.1.0 (oregen only for now!)

McJtyLib 1.1.0:
  • Fixed McJtyLib so that it is actually possible to use McJtyLib in multiple mods (oops!) which was the entire point of having this in the first place.
  • Refactored a few things in the code to make the above possible.

RFTools 3.21:
  • RFTools will now give a proper error screen if the right version of McJtyLib could not be found.
  • Updated RFTools to the latest McJtyLib (version 1.1.0). RFTools 3.21 will not work with McJtyLib 1.0.0!
  • Fixed a bug with parsing of the IMC configure_dimlet message. It would fail to parse dimlet names that had more dots in them.

Deep Resonance 0.1.0:
  • First release. This version is only about oregen. Both for the resonating ore as well as the crystals. Nothing else can be done with this mod. As such this mod is not useful unless you want to make a new world that already contains the ores for later.
  • Deep Resonance also requires McJtyLib 1.1.0 (this implies that if you have RFTools and wants to add Deep Resonance you must upgrade RFTools to 3.21).
  • Note the ore is relatively rare (a bit more common then diamond but spawns between 2 and 30 so might be harder to find). The crystals are very rare. They only spawn in caves and you will be lucky if you find one :)
  • Implemented retrogen. I have tested this and it appears to work but use at your own risk! Don't come complaining to me if your base is suddenly replaced with resonating ore. Make backups first in any case. Retrogen is disabled by default. You can enable it in the config (config/deepresonance/main.cfg).
  • Made sure RFTools adds a dimlet for resonating ore and also configures it to rarity 5.

McJtyLib: http://www.curse.com/mc-mods/Minecraft/233105-mcjtylib#t1:description
RFTools: http://www.curse.com/mc-mods/Minecraft/224641-rftools#t1:other-downloads
Deep Resonance: http://www.curse.com/mc-mods/Minecraft/233398-deep-resonance#t1:other-downloads

Have fun! And remember Deep Resonance is new. Make backups!

Last edited:

sinkillerj

Jul 29, 2019
ProjectE 1.8.0 "Dat New API" for Minecraft 1.7 is now live on the Curse Client and at: http://minecraft.curseforge.com/mc-mods/226410-projecte/files

###Version 1.7.10-PE1.8.0
* NOTICE: A new and proper API has been introduced with this update, addon authors will need to update to this new API.
* NEW: Philosophers Stone world transmutations are now shown in NEI if it is installed
* NEW: A optional pulse has been added to the Philosophers Stone world transmutation highlight
* NEW: The new API lives
* FIXED: Vein mining ignoring ores with metadata
* FIXED: A siding issue with the matter furnaces
* FIXED: A rare but possible Mind Stone crash
* FIXED: Corrupt pregen files will now cause a crash instead of being silently overwritten
* FIXED: A ConcurrentModificationException that was missed in 1.7.2
* FIXED: Right click dragging in the player inventory section of the transmutation GUI

Ipsis

Jul 29, 2019
@Ipsis Dyetopia

This is the first actual release and I've rolled in the changelog for B4 and B5.
The main things this mod gives you are:

A way to create any dye from 4 basic colors.
Ability to swap in-world blocks through their color options with a dye gun.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...-mods/2262586-dyetopia-fraking-flowers-v1-1-0
http://www.curse.com/mc-mods/Minecraft/226037-dyetopia

Ipsis said:
1.7.10-1.1.0

Features
* Add support for AE2, Bilbiocraft, Buildcraft, Harvestcraft, OpenBlocks, ProjectRed, Thaumcraft
* Moved to Forge 10.13.2.1291
* Changed DyeGun handling to allow more block types
* Fixup all the Fluid changes and add a new Gui fluid sync
* Add colored block of coal from Extra Utilities
* Add hex plating from Chisel 2
* Move to Forge 10.13.4.1448
Fixes
* XXXXXX - Fix dye tree space check where x and y were swapped
* XXXXXX - Change non-master multiblocks to be non-ticking
* XXXXXX - Check chunk is loaded before accessing blocks in the multiblocks
* XXXXXX - Fix the Railcraft mappings
* XXXXXX - No longer need to shift-click to place multiblocks against each other
* XXXXXX - TE ducts now reconnect on load or struture form - dont know when I broke this :(
* XXXXXX - Only add elements to GUIs once!
* XXXXXX - Add a tank tab icon

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
New Flaxbeard's Steam Power update- 0.28.8

• NEW: Welcome Strikingwolf to the main dev team, and Kingbudderjr to the mobile dev team!
  • NEW: New config option that will register the ore blocks even if the generation of them is disabled. Disabling these options will disable the generation of the according block in all dimensions (#284)
  • NEW: Damage done by flintlock weapons can now be configured
  • NEW: World Generation Manager mod support (hurr1k4ne)
  • FIX: Florel Laurel shows Mana on Botania items (#273)
  • FIX: Iron Ingots are no longer the input for the creation of Gilded Ingots; the OreDict entry for ingotIron is.
  • FIX: Update Fluid stuff to use FluidStack.getFluid().getID() rather than the no longer existing FluidStack.getFluidID().
  • TWEAK/FIX: Major refactor of all mod support to interact with mods in a more direct way, making it easier to add future integration and test/use current integration.
  • TWEAK: Add CodeChickenCore and NotEnoughItems as dependencies to prepare for future integration

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
new day, new update, and today it's @MineMaarten with PneumaticCraft
MineMaarten said:
PneumaticCraft 1.9.13-101
  • Added basic achievements to help with progression through the mod.
  • The Plastic Mixer now creates one plastic at a time instead of as much as it can create.
  • Added fr_FR localization for item/block names (Thanks to Mazdallier).
  • Added option to the Universal Sensor to measure multiple coordinates at once.
  • Added 1x Redstone -> 5x Rose Red as drill recipe for the Assembly line to provide an easy source of red dye, used in the Plastic Mixer.
  • The Laser&Drill Assembly program now actually can do any program, rather than just recipes that require drilling _and_ lasering.
  • The Assembly system will now only start when all items required are provided (instead of some amount).
  • Added tooltips to about all blocks/items.
  • Manometer now gives information about heat blocks.
  • Finished up the NEI plugins for the Thermopneumatic Processing Plant and Refinery.
  • The Vortex Tube now connects the cold and hot side with eathother with a high resistance, meaning that it works better when you vent the cold side to produce more heat. Let me know about the balance of this change :).
  • Added hard limits to temperature (max 2000C, min -273C).
  • Added Logistic Drone + PCB = Drone recipe, to allow upgrading of Logistic Drones.
  • Adjusted the ISidedness of the UV Light Box, Charging Station, (Advanced) Air Compressor and Air Cannon to not allow upgrades to be interfaced through the bottom, allowing other items to be interfaced.
  • Added redstone configuration of machines to Waila.
  • Bugfix: Crash with Lycanite's Mob's and Entity Tracker.
  • Bugfix: You can't use upgrades in Logistic Drones.

and @thehippomaster21 with Mutant Creatures Mod
thehippomaster21 said:
Mutant Creatures Mod 1.4.9
  • fixed mutant enderman crashing when picking up blocks
  • increased mutant skeleton's health to 80 hearts
  • slightly increased mutant skeleton's attack damage
  • fixed creeper minion still griefing even with "Destroy Blocks" set as OFF
  • added spider pig
  • 25 hearts
  • can climb walls
  • unaffected by poison
  • not slowed down by webs
  • transforms any killed pigs and spiders into spider pigs
  • can trap enemies in spider webs
  • deal 2 more hearts of damage to enemies trapped in webs
  • tameable: becomes tamed to a player whose creeper minion is killed by the spider pig (while it has 4 hearts or less)
  • tamed ridden spider pigs can use a charge attack when the player jumps
  • can be healed 2-4 hearts by feeding porkchops or spider eyes

and @EXTER7 with Foundry
EXTER7 said:
Foundry 1.1.0.0-Beta1
  • Added 2 gun items:
    • Revolver:
    • Can holds 8 rounds.
    • Right click to shoot (functions like bows).
    • Sneak+right click to open reload GUI.
  • Shotgun:
    • Can hold 5 shells.
    • Shoots 6 pellets in a spread pattern.
    • Right click to shoot (functions like bows).
    • Sneak+right click to open reload GUI.
  • Added ammo:
    • Standard Round (Revolver): Medium damage, medium range.
    • Hollow Point Round (Revolver): Higher damage, lower range.
    • jacketed Round (Revolver): Lower damage, higher range.
    • Incendiary Round (Revolver): lower damage, medium range, sets mobs, players, and block on fire.
    • Poison Round (Revolver): lower damage, medium range, inflicts poison on mobs, players.
    • Standard Shell (Shotgun): Medium damage, lower range.
  • Added Gun Skeleton Mob.
    • Looks and acts like a vanilla skeleton but and uses a revolver instead of a bow.
    • has a rare chance to spawn.
    • 10% chance of spawning with a shotgun instead of a revolver.
    • Has a chance of dropping gun and ammo parts when killed.
  • Added Gun Parts with thier respective molds.
    • Used to craft guns.
    • Can be found in villages, dungeons, and mineshafts.
    • Dropped when killing a Gun Skeleton.
  • Added ProjectRed integration:
    • Added Wire mold for casting Red Alloy Wires.
    • Added Alloy Furnace and Alloy Mixer recipes for Red Alloy.
    • Added Melting Recipes for Thermal Foundation Aerotheum, and Petrotheum.

FyberOptic

Jul 29, 2019
I updated Meddle to v1.1, as well as updated all of the mods. Those particular mods now work on anything from 1.8 to the latest 1.9 snapshot due to a dynamic mappings system I've started implementing in them. I can't be bothered to update them every time Mojang releases a new snapshot (we just had three in one week), so this will hopefully let them ride several snapshots into the future until they make some significant change that breaks class/method detection. It'll also let me focus on making slightly more complex mods, as well as implementing server-side support, since I'm hopefully not chasing updates anymore.

It's all open-source now too, by the way.

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
Little GT5 Update:

Update to 5.08.26:

*Disabled IC2 replictor by default.
*Steel achievement can now be done by picking up a nugget after researching the Thaumcraft steel research.
*New Magic Generator recipes using infusion when Thaumcraft is installed.
*Fixed Distillation Tower outputs correctly to height.
*Fixed Large Heat Exchanger getting Stuck.
*Expanded Turbine Item Tooltips.
*Large Gas Turbine now needs a Muffler Hatch.
*Changed internal calculation of all Large Turbines (but not the math). How average the input over the last 256 ticks.
*Made Coolant Cells not interchangeable between electric and fluid IC2 reactor.
*Added missing metallurgy metals.
*Change corium crop texture to the original one.
*Fixed Processing Array fluid output with small hatches.