What's new in modded minecraft today?

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
Doom_Meter.jpg

Fixided

Jul 29, 2019
Le new wild mod appeared.

Internet use download!
*Internet has downloaded the mod*

Mod uses install!
It's super effective.

Internet fainted.

"Worst pokemon fight... EVER."

Machinilorum

banner.png
This mod is based on improving your vanilla Minecraft experience. It adds a lot of machines that can help you automate your Minecraft world. There also are some items that are pretty useful when you start a new world, more about that later down in this article.
Blocks
w89JAkN.png

Probably not the best tech mod, but it's pretty nice.

Updates!
BluePower 1.644
635429140816048034.png
Added Manager
Added Silky screwdriver (recipe and textures to come)
Adjusted harvest level of some ores
Seasoned with several bugfixes on bluestone wiring (more to come)

Steve's Workshop 0.3.0
-Added a config where one can reduce or (in some cases) increase the amount of upgrades the player can use of a specific type. Reduce to 0 to disable the upgrade altogether.

-Made slots smarter, when dropping upgrades into a slot it will only accept the remaining allowed amount, even if the existing ones are spread out in different slots. This was already the case for shift clicking, but now works for normal clicking as well.

-One can now shift click items into the furnace input slots.

-Auto crafting tables can now handle non-even item distribution. For instance, if you have 3x3 gold ingots and 64 ingots in the first slot, but only 1 ingot in each of the others it will simply consume the ingots from the first slot to craft the gold blocks.

Refined Relocation 1.0.6b
635351423913929390.png
- Added waaaay more integration with WAILA (thank Micky2506!)
- Added more wrenches and tools to Toolbox (thank Micky2506!)
- Fixed a lot of bugs!

Dual Hotbars [Bunch O' Versions]

• Backported to 1.6.4

• Fixed rendering conflict with Tinker's Construct
  • Fixed Configs not saving
  • Fixed Item name being rendered too low
  • Fixed double clicking getting stuck in the top slot. Now pressing a number key cycles between the bottom and top slot.
  • Unimplemented: Swapping hotbar using ctrl-mousewheel on servers without this mod. This hopefully will be in for 1.4
  • Fixed rendering conflict with Spice of Life. It was a derp on my end.
  • Added in auto-disabling of selecting slots higher than 9 on servers without this mod. Added using ctrl-mousewheel to swap the two bars. (Doesn't work on all servers)
  • Fixed Conflict with journey minimap

• Fixed rendering conflict with Tinker's Construct
  • Fixed Configs not saving
  • Fixed Item name being rendered too low
  • Fixed double clicking getting stuck in the top slot. Now pressing a number key cycles between the bottom and top slot.
  • Implemented swapping hotbar using ctrl-mousewheel and auto-disabling selecting the top slot on servers without this mod.
  • (Possibly) Fixed rendering conflict with Spice of Life. It was a derp on my end.
  • Fixed Conflict with journey minimap

Gravestone 2.9.0
  • rework sword gravestones
  • add thaumcraft swords as a gravestones
  • API for swords gravestones
  • graves can be made of wood, sandstone, mossy, iron, gold, diamond, emerald, lapis, redstone, quartz, obsidian and ice
  • memorials can be made of wood, sandstone, mossy, iron, gold, diamond, emerald, lapis, redstone, quartz, obsidian and ice
  • If you die by magic your grave will be looked enchanted
  • graves type based on biome and your experience level
  • If you die in lava or by fire - your gravestone will be made of obsidian
  • memorials type based on biome
  • rework structures generation - it will not be depended from API of a biomes mods
  • reduce catacombs generation chance
  • reduce graves loot generation chance
  • New textures for bone blocks
  • "Traditional chinese" localization

CrayCrafting 1.0.0.8, 1.2.0.9
Added rotate timer.

Now with dimension dependent things!

[insert witty comment here]

squeek502

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, so these two new mods of mine are actually the very first mods I ever wrote for Minecraft, but I'm just now releasing them (hence why they are for 1.6.4). As I say in the MCF post, I have no idea if anyone at all will be interested in Squake, but Quake-style movement is pretty much always the first thing I try to implement whenever I start modding a game (even tried to add it in Don't Starve o_O).

Squake (Quake-style movement for Minecraft)

squake.png
Squake

A Quake-style movement mod for Minecraft, mostly inspired by the movement in Fortress Forever/Team Fortress Classic.

Adds bunnyhopping, strafe jumping, air control, trimping, and sharking to Minecraft and removes losing speed from taking fall damage (needs to be installed server-side for this). Bunnyhopping is uncapped by default, but has config settings for Fortress Forever-style soft and hard bunnyhop caps. The air and ground acceleration code is actually based on Half-Life, but it should be fairly similar to Quake's. The trimp mechanic is a modified version of the Fortress Forever trimp mechanic: if you're moving fast enough, holding sneak while jumping will convert some of your horizontal speed into vertical speed. Sharking refers to gliding across the surface of water by holding jump.

I have no idea if this mod will be of interest to anyone else, but it's a style of movement that I have grown to love and find it hard to play any game without it.

Not compatible with Smart Moving

Note: It is recommended to use this with Squeedometer.

Squeedometer (a speedometer)
squeedometer.png
Squeedometer

A simple client-side mod that adds a speedometer to the HUD.

Uses distance traveled last tick to calculate your current speed, so it should give accurate readings for any activity (riding a horse, etc).

Note: This mod is mostly intended to be used as a companion for Squake.

Screenshots

seRFVdJ.png

squeek502

Jul 29, 2019
Updated The Spice of Life to v1.1.1.

Changelog said:
- Made diminishing returns work on Minecraft cake (in block form)
- Added support for the Version Checker mod (1.7.x only)
- Added German localization (thanks Vexatos)
- Added Chinese localization (thanks crafteverywhere)
- Fixed food journal GUI opening for LAN hosts when any other connected client opens a food journal
- Fixed an SMP server crash when eating Mariculture foods
- Fixed a few rare NullPointerExceptions