America
ftb.gamepedia.com
http://i.imgur.com/aS7bX0a.png
aS7bX0a.png
I can't read that, someone please translate it D:

Vazkii

Jul 29, 2019
I can't read that, someone please translate it D:

Strip 1: "There's 3 types of modders" [In the corner: "by Vazkii <3 ( my handwriting sucks D: )]
Strip 2: "Those that have you get permission / You can share but ask me first"
Strip 3: "Those that don't / Go for it man, it's all yours"
Strip 4: "And "those" / This is my mod, if you even as much as look at it funny I'll SUE you!"

Reactions: Fixided and xbony2

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019

When I read ""Those"", I was really afraid it was going to be an attack on FlowerChild or Reika...

Thank you for not opening that can.[DOUBLEPOST=1406246167][/DOUBLEPOST]
You forgot the 4th modder
"I quit modding, but then I'll come back, then quit again, rinse and repeat"

And the 5th: Duuuuuh, I'ma make a recipe that um... ... ...
OH YEAH! A RECIPE THAT MAKES DIAMONDS AXUALY GENR8!!!
Nao hao doo Iye mak'em spuwn?
Eh, I'll just use this fancy new app and make a recipe for them.
Now what would be a balanced, well designed, and non-abusablfaug-
abusabasgha-
bad way to add them?
DIRT TO DIAMONDS!!!

*Le Montage Begins*

Done! Now how do I install forge?

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
Reika released version 25d
V25d:
DragonAPI: Fixed machines not syncing unless right-clicked
DragonAPI: Further reduced network load
DragonAPI: Fixed IC2 Rubber tree registration
DragonAPI: Fixed Wither spawner rendering boss health bar (maybe)
RotaryCraft: Fixed reservoirs not updating their last bucket of liquid on the client when being emptied by hand
RotaryCraft: Magnetostatic GUI now renders lubricant content
RotaryCraft: Angular Transducer now outputs Magnetostatic power level
RotaryCraft: Halved bonus spawn chest steel
RotaryCraft: Fixed grinder progress bar not resetting on power loss
RotaryCraft: Fixed portal shaft issues
RotaryCraft: Portal shafts now obey Nether 8:1 scaling
Important: Portal shafts now obey Nether 8:1 scaling

Fixided

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, do you want to hear songs in minecraft besides...
"na na na na na na na na (It's the tune, okay -.-)"

Look at this!
http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...tter-records-download-songs-from-the-internet
66VCU4d.png

Better Records adds the ability to download your favorite songs from the internet directly into your game, for all your friends to hear! And without exiting Minecraft to do so! Just craft a record etcher and input the URL to the song, and it'll download automatically when you play it!
Screenshot said:
Changelog
- Added ability to toggle auto-download of songs when playing in multiplayer.
- Made url-validation better

Last edited:

Trailmix23

Jul 29, 2019

Looks like he is also adding 64x generators also. Those textures look awesome.

RWTema @Extra_Utilities: How does 64x power generators sound?

BtWZNY0CEAA6XWO.png:large

Source: https://twitter.com/Extra_Utilities/status/492468192514953216
The 64x generators will require 8 of the 8x generators to craft.

RWTema @Extra_Utilities: The next tier generators will require 8 of the previous tiers to craft (plus another item). It's basically a compact solars ripoff.

Source: https://twitter.com/Extra_Utilities/status/492471466039181312

Last edited:
Reactions: Fixided

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
And the 5th: Duuuuuh, I'ma make a recipe that um... ... ...
OH YEAH! A RECIPE THAT MAKES DIAMONDS AXUALY GENR8!!!
Nao hao doo Iye mak'em spuwn?
Eh, I'll just use this fancy new app and make a recipe for them.
Now what would be a balanced, well designed, and non-abusablfaug-
abusabasgha-
bad way to add them?
DIRT TO DIAMONDS!!!

*Le Montage Begins*

Done! Now how do I install forge?

While I am not a moder I must say that I can not condone calling that sort of person a moder.

CarbonBasedGhost

Jul 29, 2019
While I am not a moder I must say that I can not condone calling that sort of person a moder.
A modder is not someone who makes good and useful code that is effective, a modder is a person who makes a modification for the game (Minecraft). So someone who makes any sort of modification (Even using MCreator, God Forbid) is a modder. Now I see what you are getting at with the fact that dirt - diamonds isn't a good modification but the maker is still a modder. Talking about balanced modding and modding is completley different also talking about coding and modding is different aswell. Also the maker of the dirt to diamonds mod achieved an impressive feat of making the first 1.7 mod (way before forge was even speculated) and he also did it by decompiling and understanding the games code.

Vazkii

Jul 29, 2019
A modder is not someone who makes good and useful code that is effective, a modder is a person who makes a modification for the game (Minecraft). So someone who makes any sort of modification (Even using MCreator, God Forbid) is a modder. Now I see what you are getting at with the fact that dirt - diamonds isn't a good modification but the maker is still a modder. Talking about balanced modding and modding is completley different also talking about coding and modding is different aswell. Also the maker of the dirt to diamonds mod achieved an impressive feat of making the first 1.7 mod (way before forge was even speculated) and he also did it by decompiling and understanding the games code.

I propose a distinction between "Modder" and "Mod Coder". This way we can have texture artists and designers and all that be modders too.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
A modder is not someone who makes good and useful code that is effective, a modder is a person who makes a modification for the game (Minecraft). So someone who makes any sort of modification (Even using MCreator, God Forbid) is a modder.

Of coarse that technically would include anyone who plays the game. Because they modify the save file every time they do.
I was talking about the concept of one who comes up with an idea, fallows it through, considers impute from the community, and continues to develop it.
That is what a modder is to me. An ideal not a concept. A simple ideal that anyone could/should try to live up to. Yet some do not.

Last edited:

asiekierka

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
Dec 24, 2013
Also the maker of the dirt to diamonds mod achieved an impressive feat of making the first 1.7 mod (way before forge was even speculated) and he also did it by decompiling and understanding the games code.

You mean podzol to diamonds, and no - it was actually third, if I recall correctly, with the first being ChatLog.

Reactions: SatanicSanta

Arouka

Jul 29, 2019
I already had that ;-;

Also, great drawing with the modders there. True.

With Computronics? Just looked into it, I had heard about it when it first came out but never played with it. Regardless, excellent work as always, both with your mods and your ports.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Looks like he is also adding 64x generators also. Those textures look awesome.

RWTema @Extra_Utilities: How does 64x power generators sound?

BtWZNY0CEAA6XWO.png:large

Source: https://twitter.com/Extra_Utilities/status/492468192514953216
The 64x generators will require 8 of the 8x generators to craft.

RWTema @Extra_Utilities: The next tier generators will require 8 of the previous tiers to craft (plus another item). It's basically a compact solars ripoff.

Source: https://twitter.com/Extra_Utilities/status/492471466039181312

RWTema also tweeted this...

RWTema said:
RWTema ‏@Extra_Utilities 6 uur
Hmm, quite a lot of negative reactions to the new generators. I'll think about it I guess.

RWTema said:
RWTema ‏@Extra_Utilities 5 uur
Yeah I don't think I'll do the new generators.

to be honest, I can understand the idea behind them, but EU generators are already quite easy as they are.
I mainly use them for an easy power source with internal storage that I can move around where I need it, having two news tiers with 8x and 64x isn't really something I'd use...

Antaioz

Jul 29, 2019
to be honest, I can understand the idea behind them, but EU generators are already quite easy as they are.
I mainly use them for an easy power source with internal storage that I can move around where I need it, having two news tiers with 8x and 64x isn't really something I'd use...

I think the 8x is useful, maybe the 64x is overkill - and it's RF isnt it.
i always prefer one block instead of a bank for no reason. When used for base power you always want more and more - the low 80RF/t limit of the generators and TE dynamos was always annoying for any decent power generation.