• #821 Upgraded Powered Spawner only requesting 400 RF/t
  • #822 3 sand to 1 quite clear glass in alloy furnace
  • #826 Rendering screen crash in enchant
  • #828 Gaps in capacitor block render
  • Skull drop chances always set to the minimum value
  • Fixed all crashes reported on OpenEye

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
I think the 8x is useful, maybe the 64x is overkill - and it's RF isnt it.
i always prefer one block instead of a bank for no reason. When used for base power you always want more and more - the low 80RF/t limit of the generators and TE dynamos was always annoying for any decent power generation.

I just like having the option. I once made an enter crafting and processing system in a tiny little room no more than 9 spaces wide and 12 long. And that was including IC2 systems. Though I still had to have an additional floor devoted just to power it.
I like the option of building little efficient systems. It's a fun challenge.

AlCapella

Jul 29, 2019
A modder is not someone who makes good and useful code that is effective, a modder is a person who makes a modification for the game (Minecraft). So someone who makes any sort of modification (Even using MCreator, God Forbid) is a modder. Now I see what you are getting at with the fact that dirt - diamonds isn't a good modification but the maker is still a modder. Talking about balanced modding and modding is completley different also talking about coding and modding is different aswell. Also the maker of the dirt to diamonds mod achieved an impressive feat of making the first 1.7 mod (way before forge was even speculated) and he also did it by decompiling and understanding the games code.

I know @asiekierka corrected one detail from your narrative, but overall, the counterpoint you provided was.....

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
New from the Erebus

BtYZtgYCcAIsMQv.png

https://twitter.com/TheErebusDev/status/492609480266629120

asiekierka

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
Dec 24, 2013
i always prefer one block instead of a bank for no reason. When used for base power you always want more and more - the low 80RF/t limit of the generators and TE dynamos was always annoying for any decent power generation.

Okay, but don't come back to mod developers when people start complaining about the lack of multiblock structures.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
RWTema also tweeted this...
to be honest, I can understand the idea behind them, but EU generators are already quite easy as they are.
I mainly use them for an easy power source with internal storage that I can move around where I need it, having two news tiers with 8x and 64x isn't really something I'd use...

If that is something anyone would call a complaint then I an very concerned. After all you can't really complain about something that you never use.

Antaioz

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, but don't come back to mod developers when people start complaining about the lack of multiblock structures.
multiblocks are still just one machine, that's completely different to building 10 of the same machine just to get more output - even if it isn't less efficient, it just feels inefficient and wrong somehow to have to build loads of generators because there are none that offer the power output you want.

I mean, sure, 2 or 3 generators is fine, but when you have demands for 1000s of RF, it gets tedious and annoying to need 10+ generators.

Even more so when you get to wanting 20-30+ generators, that's just... wrong. But either way, the power is still wanted, so you have no choice to build this big ugly block of generators (other mods notwithstanding).

If there were large power producing generators that were multiblock I'd be happy with that, it's not the size that's annoying, its the fact that there are many many individual machines floating around just performing the same function because they're all so underpowered mid-late game. (I don't have big reactors yet :(, on 1.7)

asiekierka

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
Dec 24, 2013
Okay, here's a contest. Can you name every single thing, in detail, that happens on this screenshot of a beta version of Computronics 0.6.0?

X0s8bwu.png

Here's a tip: the two blocks added by Computronics in this picture are two Cipher Blocks (encryption), one visibly marked with a #, and three Colorful Lamps (NOT the glowing ones, mine don't glow as I can't into OpenGL).

Last edited:
Reactions: Fixided

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, here's a contest. Can you name every single thing, in detail, that happens on this screenshot of a beta version of Computronics 0.6.0?

X0s8bwu.png

Here's a tip: the two blocks added by Computronics in this picture are two Cipher Blocks (encryption), one visibly marked with a #, and three Colorful Lamps.
looks like the colored cables, bundled cables and lamps from RP2 but with different textures

Vasa

Jul 29, 2019

Changes from 1.57 to 1.58
  • Better handling of bad Forge Ore Dictionary entries for item tree.
  • Silenced some debug output that appeared to be an error.
  • Added keybinding config to default Minecraft keybinding options.
  • Various enhancements to the API for other mods.
  • Configuration screen can now be accessed from the mod list on the main menu screen.
  • Sort-on-pickup should work in single-player again. (MP/Server support is more complicated)
  • Shortcuts using shift should now work correctly.
  • The F3+H display has an added line showing the string ID of items, like Mojang added to the 1.8 snapshots.
  • Auotrefill and sort-on-pickup now immediately resync the inventory with the server.

CarbonBasedGhost

Jul 29, 2019
I think 8x is reasonable, but 64x... just a bit much.
My opinion on this would be that you do not have to use 64* so if you do not think it is reasonable don't try to take away the fun from the people who want it. Also the only generator he should not make 64* is the nether star generator. That would be a wee bit over powered.

Reactions: PierceSG

asiekierka

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
Dec 24, 2013
Computronics 0.6.0 is out! In this edition, BetterStorage crate support for OpenComputers and a LOT of bundled cable/RedNet support for those of you who don't like computers! (Hint: You don't actually need a computer mod to run the mod.)

• ADDED: Colorful Lamps! Supporting ComputerCraft, OpenComputers, NedoComputers, Project: Red, MineFactory Reloaded and RedLogic for setting their colour!
  • ADDED: Reading Bundled Cable output for RedLogic and Project:Red-compilant Bundled Cables in ComputerCraft is now possible! (Writing for RedLogic might come soon; writing for Project: Red is impossible due to P:Red's restrictive license)
  • ADDED: Cipher Blocks now support encryption via RedLogic and Project: Red bundled cables!
  • ADDED: Iron Note Blocks now support RedLogic, Project: Red and MFR for playback!
  • ADDED: BetterStorage crates can now have their contents read by OpenComputers!
  • ADDED: Chat Boxes now should emit a redstone pulse on every message sent on the chat.