What's new in modded minecraft today?

belgabor

Jul 29, 2019
Modded News is going to be a day late this week. Wanted to wait for 2 mods to include, and going to try some new editing formats.

Also I am thinking of moving the weekly news to Tuesdays. I have noticed a lot of developers do lots of work over the weekends and push out their updates on Sunday nights/Monday mornings which I have a habit of missing in the following week. What do y'all think? Would Tuesdays be ok? It would include more up-to-date and relevant info rather than week old info since so many updates are put out on Sunday nights/Monday mornings (8 days old by time the news is posted).
Totally fine, do it how- and whenever you prefer :)

Fixided

Jul 29, 2019
ElsozJn.png

What is this mod all about?

This mod centers around stars, black holes, and all the powers and disasters that accompany them.

What can I do with this mod?

All of this mod is documented via ingame tooltips, if you would prefer to figure it out yourself, you may do so. I have provided some images down below for those who do not.

How do I get started?

The first thing you need to craft is called the Heart of Star, this will be your gateway into everything in the mod. Yes, it is quite expensive, but you can recoup some of the expense later.

dURP4Jl.png

Screenshots:
Black Hole Storage: Can store 2^40 (about 1 trillion) items AND liquids (of one type).

YWHPH2W.png

Black Hole Hopper: Pulls from inventories up to 6 blocks away, and inserts them into the inventory it is attached to. Also pulls in nearby items.

IjEadTS.png

Star Harvester: Creates power from stars. The rate is variable based on the star. Looks really cool.

The base block:

A0rE2YC.png

Gif of the animation:

This block must first have a star container inserted into it, then a star. It will then begin to generate power.

Waypoint: This block serves as a marker for anything you may need. It shows up visibly in the sky, much like a beacon, and can be named and colored. It will show up on the HUD of the Gravity Helmet. (If someone would like to inform me of why this font looks different (it is the same) please do)
G0Pi7vr.png

Oh, and did I mention that most of these blocks have their own local gravity? Yeah.

Stars: Currently the main item in the mod. Created in a violent explosion, these items can provide you power for a loooong time. They are also used in most recipes.

fHK7HAy.png

Gravity Armor: Resists all types of gravity, giving the wearer the ability to jump much higher than usual. Also has many other modules (which are being added to), such as a HUD and tool-switcher, the latter will pick the best tool in your hotbar for the block you are currently mining. All abilities are toggleable.

LtsZyOA.png

Notes:

This mod is in an alpha state. While it is mostly stable many things are temporary and/or missing. Here is a basic list:
Recipes are temporary. Many of the Black Hole items have stars in their recipe where it would be a black hole.

• The waypoint recipe is much more expensive than I would like, but I am missing some features in the waypoint block required to change it.
  • Black holes are NYI, and will be a major part of the mod. See the poll at the top of the page.
  • Visuals will improve. I realize the stars are a bit lackluster at this time.
  • More mod support will come. I need NEI plugins for some of my recipes and things like that.
[Changelog + Releases]
http://ci.tterrag.com/job/Super Massive Tech/changes

Last edited:

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
Pam with an update for Harvestcraft:
Pam said:
HarvestCraft for 1.7.2 Minecraft Changelog

-------------------------------------------

1.7.2e
- Foods now restore saturation instead of setting it to negative
- Pecan fruits and Pecan Saplings have Thaumcraft aspects
- Crop blocks now have names
- Pots can now be placed on lit furnaces; pots break when there is no furnace under them; drop correctly as an item when broken

Fixided

Jul 29, 2019
I've been using this mod in my 1.7 instance for i think 4 - 5 weeks now. It's made by tterrag who we all know as one of the TPPI devs so yeah definitely worth checking out.
Oh, sorry I don't know the guy, but he just made a thread so I thought... Hey! Why not share this.
Then I looked at his releases...
It's 3 months old... lol, but I think it's a pretty cool mod too. Why not share it, Right?

Then BevolJ could could advertise this in his News.

tterrag1098

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, sorry I don't know the guy, but he just made a thread so I thought... Hey! Why not share this.
It's 3 months old... lol, but I think it's a pretty cool mod too. Why not share it, Right?

Yes I started developing it a while ago, but it just recently got to the point where I feel it has enough features to get some more people playing it. As VikeStep said it's already in his pack, so it's getting some exposure and testing, which is awesome. Thanks for taking a look :)

Bevo

Jul 29, 2019
Yes I started developing it a while ago, but it just recently got to the point where I feel it has enough features to get some more people playing it. As VikeStep said it's already in his pack, so it's getting some exposure and testing, which is awesome. Thanks for taking a look :)

Wasn't sure if T thought it was ready for a mention or not. But consider it added. :)

squeek502

Jul 29, 2019
Updated my mods with the various commits that have accumulated over time.

TiC Tooltips (version 1.1.7 for Minecraft 1.6.4/1.7.2)
Changelog
- Added localization support
--- Added Italian localization (thanks TheVikingWarrior)
--- Added Russian localization (thanks Adaptivity)
- Fixed a few very rare crashes

Waila Harvestability (version 1.0.2 for Minecraft 1.6.4/1.7.2)
Changelog
- Added 1.7.2 version
- Added Italian localization (thanks TheVikingWarrior)
- Added Russian localization (thanks Adaptivity)
- Fixed TiC gravel ore showing 'pickaxe' as the effective tool when Iguana Tweaks for TConstruct is installed

Waila HarvestCraft Fixes (version 1.0.4 for Minecraft 1.6.4)
Changelog
- Added support for Pam's Weee Flowers (fixed flower crops' icon/name/Waila tooltip)
- Added Russian localization (thanks Adaptivity)
- Fixed a stack trace being printed to the log when Hunger Overhaul is installed

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
new day, new update, starting with neptunepink with Factorization, now with a changelog
neptunepink said:
  • Servos & servo rails can now be colored; a colored servo will ignore differently colored servo rails.
  • The pressurizer now has 3 slots on servos, and defaults to sucking
  • /f saycoords now supports notes; eg "/f saycoords there's a big cave here!"
  • Since I'm tired of discovering I've been playing in peaceful for the past 2 hours and/or losing named mobs, I've added a button to the world select screen that warns you if you're about to load up a world with peaceful difficulty.
  • Crystallizer state syncs & renders better
  • FINALLY FIXED THE SERVO GLITCHY TURNY THING \(╥﹏╥)/
  • Hopefully maybe possibly fixed ore processing recipe problems
  • Switched to Forge's FakePlayer

and @iChun with a fix for Trail Mix
iChun said:
Trail Mix updated to 3.0.1
  • Fix CME crash.

and JourneyMap with a quick bugfix update
JourneyMap said:
  • Critical bugfix for waypoints that use UTF-8 character encoding
  • Added a translation for Welsh (cy_GB), courtesy of Fergus Elliott
  • Minor logging bugfix

and @joshie with a quick fix for Mariculture
joshie said:
Mariculture 1.7.2 BETA 11.omfg.wtfbbq
  • Fixed ... Client side on... STUPIDITY!
  • Adjusted the loot to > fish ratio for all rod tiers
  • Removed debug code when adding flippers

and @mDiyo with an update for Tinkers Construct
mDiyo said:
Build 30:
  • Smeltery controllers, drains, and seared tanks now have comparator output
  • Essence berries converted from oreberries shouldnot crash the game
  • Liquid colors for molten metals are now correct
  • Feather fall wings drop much faster
  • Weapons now harvest more materials. Scythes harvest a lot more, including wool
  • Most modifiers for armor won't crash the game now

and lastly @Emoniph with Witchery
Emoniph said:
  • NEW: Minedrake plant. Mutated from mandrakes and creepers. Dropping the seed of this plant will spawn an animated Minedrake (after about 3 seconds), which will head towards the target of the player who dropped the seeds. Minedrakes tend to explode when they reach their target, or are hit (the explosion is small and does not harm scenery). Minedrake seeds can also be planted to grow more.
  • NEW: Statue of Broken Curses. Creative only block that looks like a stone wolf. If turned on in the config file (off by default), it will prevent any entities being cursed by one of the directed curses (Misfortune, Sinking, etc.), if they are within a 32 block radius of the statue (radius is also configurable). Murdering players in this range, removes protection from a player.
  • NEW: Statue of Occluded Summons. Creative only block that looks like a stone mandrake. If turned on in the config file (off by default), it will prevent any entities being summoned by the Rite of Transposition, if they are within a 32 block radius of the statue (radius is also configurable). Murdering players in this range, removes protection from a player.
  • TWEAK: Using a Taglock Kit on a player to get their Taglock now is sensitive to the direction of approach and whether the player is sneaking or not. Collecting from the front, chance is 1% and 10% if sneaking, collecting from behind chance is 30% and 60% if sneaking. Invisibility adds 10% to the frontal chances.
  • TWEAK: Added Chinese, German and Russian translations for 0.19.0 features.
  • TWEAK: Added Thaumcraft aspects for 0.19.0 items and entities.
  • TWEAK: Restricted recall in Torment.
  • TWEAK: Powered Flame Imp is now wider rather than taller.
  • TWEAK: Increased the hardness of Leech Chests to make breaking them take a little longer.
  • TWEAK: Added boss mobs from other mods to exclusion list for Brew of the Grotesque and Enthralling.
  • TWEAK: It is now possible to use a damaged Boline in a circle magic rite.
  • FIX (1.7.2 only): Witchery NEI recipe handler for Witch Oven no longer causes a div by zero error when another mod causes the enumeration of burnable items to go wrong. The slot will just appear empty.
  • FIX (1.7.2 only): Titles in NEI views for witchery machines were not translated.
  • FIX (1.6.4 only): An invalid cast exception could occur if a Leech Chest is placed near a chest-like block from another mod (missed the back port, whoops).
  • FIX: A null reference exception that could occur when using the Polynesia Charm when another mod has messed with the vanilla items now no longer occurs. The offending items is now just not listed.
  • FIX: Added a bunch of extra sanity checks for issues found in OpenEye (which technically are other things breaking stuff and then passing garbage values to witchery methods, but hey it avoids a crash, at least at that point).
  • FIX: Foci items are returned if a Curse or Teleport is prevented by wearing Witch Hunter armor.
  • FIX: Unhandled exception occurred if an object with a high damage value is given to a tamed imp.
  • FIX (1.7.2 only): Removed witchery crop blocks from creative tabs (only the seeds should be there).
  • FIX (1.7.2 only): It was not possible to use a damaged Arthana in a rite.

Azagal73

Jul 29, 2019
Sangar has released OpenComputers v1.3.0 Beta 1 for Minecraft 1.6.4 and 1.7.2.

Sangar said:
The first beta release of version 1.3 is now available. It's been tested by a few people already, bringing it to the point where I feel relatively comfortable with releasing it to a larger audience. Do keep in mind that this is a pre-release. It may crash your computers and wreck your worlds. It may kill your pigs and eat your kittens. You have been warned.

More than with normal releases, I have to stress that you really should make a backup of your world before updating, if it means anything to you.

Also, expect incompatibilities with other mods for a while. There have been a few API changes, meaning it will take some time for other modders using the API to update to OC 1.3's API.

There have been a lot of changes, some of which are breaking - most notably, computers no longer have a ROM. This means to boot a computer you will now need a disk drive and an OpenOS floppy disk. You can then install OpenOS onto a hard drive, if you wish (using the `install` program), so you are not dependent on the disk drive after that. This change was discussed a lot, and the conclusion was that it is worth it in the long run, since it allows for much more customization (user written OSes, mostly).

Another big change is the way robots are built now. They are no longer crafted as before, instead they are assembled in the new Robot Assembler block. This allows constructing much more specialized robots - you can even build them 'headless' (without a screen and keyboard) if you like! Note that existing robots will be converted to the new system, using a configuration that's equivalent to their old functionality.

If you made some mistake, you can take your robots apart using the new Disassembler block - just beware that there's a small chance of items getting lost in the process, so you might not get back everything you put in. That block can also uncraft most other items in OC, so you can re-use materials from that old tier one memory stick you have lying around and no longer need.

There are a number of other changes, but these two are the major ones. Two other breaking changes are that Navigation Upgrades have to be re-crafted, and that the Hologram Projector's API has changed. Other than that there have been a bunch of minor tweaks and fixes, some more, some less noticeable.

I'd like to express my sincere gratitude to everyone who contributed to this version, either via suggestions or via code. In particular I have to thank evg-zhabotinsky for the much improved hologram rendering code. Holograms should have far less of an impact on framerate now.

Pretty much everything needs testing, but I'd appreciate some focused attention on the following:
  • Recipes. All of them.
  • Navigation upgrade (note: you will have to re-craft existing ones!)
  • Mouse input, text input, text output, saving, loading of Terminals, Screens and Robots. Text display in moving robots.
  • The Robot Assembler and the Disassembler.
  • Energy in robots (saved, loaded, broken, placed, with and without battery upgrades).
  • The new blocks and items in general.

CarbonBasedGhost

Jul 29, 2019
It's been a while since there was a GT Changelog posted and there is to much to add to one post so here are the highlights:

Gregtech
Versions 5.0.0. - 5.0.0.z

*New textures, with a new assets system
*New Machine crafting theory (All machines are Hull + Parts)
*10 Electrical Machine Tiers (ULV, LV, MV, HV, EV, IV, LuV, ZPM, UV, MAX)
*2 Tiers of Steam Machines
*New Generators with Tiered outputs
*New Multiblock Machines, including Multiblock versions of regular machines
*Machines cannot be Upgraded
*New Automation Covers
*More Pipes
*Many, many, many new ores and new types of ores
*New Ore generation (altitude-dependent but not biome-dependent)

*Added lots of fancy generators
*Added steam turbine, for steam age -> electric age power
*Added high pressure boiler, although Railcraft's is better than both
Added bronze boiler

*Added solar steam boiler (I think)
*Added lava boiler

*Tools now have some enchantments depending on their Material. Thaumium has Fortune II, but its durability got halved. Firestone and Fiery Blood Ingots have Fire Aspect III and can therefore auto-smelt drops.
*Added Disjunction type enchantment (I think, might have been previous version)

*Added the Bronze Blast Furnace back. Also know as the Tone Box 5000

Added Universal Spade. Crafted from Universal Spade Head (Shovel Head + File), a Stick (of the same Material!), a Screw (of the same Material too) and a Screwdriver. Mob Damage is like the Axe (3 + Tool Quality), you can block with it (That's why you can't just use a wooden Stick to craft it), use it as Crowbar (might need some more random Code to work better if RC isn't installed), it's usable as Saw (but gets double durability Damage from that!), and you can harvest almost anything what is not Stone-related with it.

*Added some Damascus Steel Ingots and tool heads as dungeon loot to the game, since Damascus Steel is uncraftable (as in nobody knows how to produce it IRL, so I don't make it craft-able).
Wrought Iron is also craft-able now by smelting Iron Nuggets in a regular furnace. Wrought Iron tools are between Iron and Steel.

*Added Knives. Currently just sword like tools which don't get double damage when breaking blocks, but they instead get double damage when used as weapon. Main purpose will be cutting things in crafting recipes.

*Added the Butchery Knife
*Made it so that the Butchery Knife gives twice the amount of invincibility time for Mobs after getting hit, meaning you cannot attack very fast with those (same for Hammers and Wrenches).

*Added Cadmium Batteries (Simplified the Nickel away, and some other improved things)

*Added 40 different but similar Battery Buffers.

*Just added a few more Machine Casings. Some of them are still WIP, and are useless

*Added Multi Smelter, a Super Furnace as Multiblock which does 6, 12 or 18 Items at once (depending on Coil Level), also it goes round-robin over the Inputs so it does every inserted Item somewhat equally often (as long as you don't insert prime numbers or other uneven amounts). The Speed (over-clockedness) depends on the Voltage of the Hatches. It is built like a Blast Furnace minus one Coil Row.

*Added Mass Fabricator to create UUM the GregTech way. 5 Versions with the standard over-clocking efficiencies of Double Speed = Quadruple Consumption.
Produces 1 Litre at a time instead of 10 Litres like the IC² Massfab does.

*Added 5 brand new Compound Aspects, which can describe things much better. They are currently not used to create or research anything, but you can try to find all 5 of them (every Aspect of those can be found by Scanning, except maybe one, but that is depending on your Worldgen).

*Added Lockers - basically an armour stand

I am really excited for GT thaumcraft support coming down the line.​

Last edited:

CarbonBasedGhost

Jul 29, 2019
Whether or not I like GT is irrelevant: I love seeing the oldschool mods produce big updates. Its great news for everyone.
The creator of GT GregoroiusT is doing a wonderful job of keeping his mod modern and adding support for other mods. (He adds support for every ore in every mod if it uses the ore dictionary, well almost)