What's new in modded minecraft today?

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Fixided

Jul 29, 2019
But that does add "moar ores"
what-if-thats-what-they-want-you-to-think-thumb.jpg

Last edited:

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
It's all down to semantics (and individual interpretation) now... While the original intent of this thread becoming the "be all, end all" of all things modded in minecraft is honourable, reality is that the familiar ones still get discussed a lot and analysed, while the new mods get buried in that pile of overall traffic.

Then lets keep all the mod news here and move the discussion to oh I don't know a thread specifically for the discussion of new things. We could call it the Recent Events Discussion (RED) Thread. And post it here. http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/recent-events-discussion-red-thread

And with this note please keep move this discussion to that thread.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
RWTema @Extra_Utilities · 12h
Working on a new rendering code for the glass multiblocks. A bit hit or miss but then again, so was the old version. pic.twitter.com/adhYjVzeXN

RWTema @Extra_Utilities · 12h
For reference, here's the old version. Yeah... I think I prefer the new code, even if it's a bit wireframe-y. pic.twitter.com/ALxZfmmsqt

RWTema @Extra_Utilities · 7h
I think I've officially crossed over into playing God now. pic.twitter.com/LtLbfqjUSw

Ahem Ahhhhahahhaahahahahahahahahahha!!!!! The horror the absolutely nightmarish horror.
Now back on to news.

RWTema ‏@Extra_Utilities
I'm still undecided on the FMP Spheres since they're a very costly render. Here's the proposed recipe (with ? blocks) pic.twitter.com/9mw8vZ5bYT

Last edited:

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
new day, new update, and today it's ObsiLP with Advanced Genetics
ObsiLP said:
vb1.5.4
  • [FIXED] Swim in Lava-Ability heals you instead of just prevent you from damage
  • [FIXED] Package overflow on clients
  • [FIXED] 'Milk producer-Ability Iron-Shovel Ghost Item'-Bug

and @dmillerw with Remote IO
dmillerw said:
  • Fixed crash with ore dictionary; Upped Forge dependency to 10.12.2.1121

and @Vswe with Steve's Factory Manager
VSWE said:
Alpha 86
  • Fixed an issue with detecting which mod an item is from.

and lastly Benimatic with Twilight Forest
Benimatic said:
Uploaded 2.1.1
The new version fixes a few bugs with terrain gen and relating to the new progression system. New portals should try to seek a "safe" area when the progression option is on.

AlCapella

Jul 29, 2019
Then lets keep all the mod news here and move the discussion to oh I don't know a thread specifically for the discussion of new things. We could call it the Recent Events Discussion (RED) Thread. And post it here. http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/recent-events-discussion-red-thread
And with this note please keep move this discussion to that thread.

o_O No! :mad:
1. Don't "strategically edit" me. I've said all that needs saying in my complete reply. Taking one paragraph and replying to it like you're some sensible uncle is a bad move.
2. Don't try to get the last word on the issue for the heck of it. "It's all down to individual interpretation" now also means "People can do whatever the hell that pleases the hell out of them and post wherever the hell they like on whatever the hell takes their fancy on these forums". So there.

Now you go have a great weekend too. :rolleyes:

Fixided

Jul 29, 2019
I rly like the recipe... think about it
The nether has no day or night not even a sky therefore a nether star is impossible
Minecraft is well.. a square circles are impossible...
RECIPE MAKES SENSE CONFIRMED
A name doesn't really define an item, just because Koala bear has the name bear in it doesn't mean it's a bear.

Let me explain, the nether star is an item you get for bringing death to the wither.

The wither is a powerful entity with explosive habits that comes to life from soul sand and wither skulls.
It seems that soul sands gives the wither life and the skulls are the brains of the entity.

When first brought to life it needs to collect enough energy from surroundings sources to reach full health and releases and explosion after completing it.

It can shoot infinite explosive heads meaning it can turn matter and energy into explosioves.
Energy can't be created so it must come from the wither, but you can't have infinite energy to shoot infinite explosives.

The nether star must be what the energy from the wither converts to upon it's death aka the Chemical Energy of the wither.

Since the wither has infinite energy that means the nether star has inifinite energy.

That means the wither can create explosives and create infinite energy by defying physics, meaning it is impossible.
Spheres are also impossible in minecraft therefore making the recipe using a physics defying object acceptable.

Fixided

Jul 29, 2019
I actually like the suggestion someone made on twitter, crafting by dividing a block by nether star with the division sigil. Totally enhances the point you made to perfection =)
Of course you could use a torch, infinite light energy coming from no wehere because you shoved stick into coal.... Totally legit physics!

Reactions: Tylor

belgabor

Jul 29, 2019
MineMaarten with PneumaticCraft
1.1.4f for MC1.6.4 said:
-Bugfix: Aerial Interface causes crash when the owner relogs / chunk reloads.
-Bugfix: Helium and Squid plants sometimes refuse to plant.

and
1.2.1 for MC1.7.2 said:
-Pressure Chamber Interface can also operate on negative pressures now.

-API: Added IEntityTrackEntry, a way to add info to the Pneumatic Helmet Entity Tracker for modders with their own entities.

-Bugfix: Packet handling causes a memory leak.
-Bugfix: Pneumatic Door doesn’t break completely when the top part is broken.
-Bugfix: Drone ignores if a block can be placed (levers can be placed floating).
-Bugfix: Neigboring Pressure Tubes visually disconnect when another tube is transformed into a multipart.
-Bugfix: Aerial Interface causes crash when the owner relogs / chunk reloads.
-Bugfix: Pressure Chamber crashes with the new Forge (slight change in OreDictionary handling).