What's new in modded minecraft today?

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
So Azanor posted this
nQgVQNs.png

Good luck trying to decipher it.

PEW! PEW! PEW!

Reactions: Bevo and Mevansuto

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
So Azanor posted this
nQgVQNs.png

Good luck trying to decipher it.

From Reddit (some unverified source)

DISCLAIMER: THIS SYSTEM IS A WORK IN PROGRESS AND MAY NOT SEE THE LIGHT OF DAY! ALL THE INFORMATION CONTAINED HERE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE.

Currently Aura nodes are breaches between this world and somewhere else through which magical energy flows. By ripping open the breach and allowing magical energy to flood into this world, Aura nodes can be transformed into power sources which will fuel various magical devices. Most items that currently require a steady supply of essentia (Infernal Furnace, Lamp of Growth, Lamp of Fertility, Arcane Bore, Magic Mirror, MAYBE the arcane Levitator) will run on this new power system. These items will still be able to accept Essentia, however it will have to be pumped directly into them through essentia pipes, and the devices will require much more Essentia than they do now, if you choose to still power them with Essentia.

This new system will allow you to transmit vis from specially-equipped aura nodes through special relay crystals, into these devices. The relays each have a range of 8 blocks, and can transmit through walls, so there's no need to worry about aesthetic clutter if you don't like how they look.

The power generated by a node for a particular aspect is proportional to the square root of the aspect's capacity. In other words, nodes with many aspects produce far more vis overall than single-aspect nodes. Therefore, you'll probably want to use node stabilizers to allow your nodes to steal from one another and trade aspects before turning them into power generators.

You will be able to use this system to charge wands in arcane crafting tables. (Implying there's something coming soon which will require continuously charged wands in crafting tables)

Magic Mirrors will be able to accept items from pipes and hoppers directly. They will have a nigh-unlimited storage buffer. They will output one random item per tick, however, if they receive high traffic they will gain "instability". This reduces their output rate. Powering them with essentia from pipes, or Vis from the new power system will reduce instability, restoring their output rate. Instability may also produce other interesting effects.

Vasa

Jul 29, 2019
Looks like that Highlands are officially released!
Rewrite/update for 1.7.2
Lots of fixes to various things that were broken/missing/crash prone.
Supports Too Many Biomes villages.
Biomes can be disabled by setting biomeID to -1, instead of having 50% more config settings.
New, unused block of biomeIDs, so far less likely to need to fiddle with the config.

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
I knew the two devices on the left had to due with node manipulation and stabilization. Honestly campers, Thaumcraft is getting to a level of complexity that may move it into needing a dedicated pack of its own.

I honestly think if there is one mod that could handle it's own pack it's Thaumcraft.

Something like Thaumcraft, Thaumic Tinkerer, some of the lesser known addons, Reliquary with Thaumic Reliquary enabled and then Biomes O Plenty. You've got a pretty decent world then.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
I honestly think if there is one mod that could handle it's own pack it's Thaumcraft.

Something like Thaumcraft, Thaumic Tinkerer, some of the lesser known addons, Reliquary with Thaumic Reliquary enabled and then Biomes O Plenty. You've got a pretty decent world then.
Agreed. I'll be interested to see how the growing addon family takes advantage of the new 1.7 content. I'd also throw Blood Magic in that pack since some TC addons help interweave the two mods. Thaumic Sanguimancers, I like it.

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
Agreed. I'll be interested to see how the growing addon family takes advantage of the new 1.7 content. I'd also throw Blood Magic in that pack since some TC addons help interweave the two mods. Thaumic Sanguimancers, I like it.

I'm tempted to make this.

You could throw in Jaded's Blood so that we could make some TC recipes require the blood altar.

Reactions: jokermatt999

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
Reactions: goreae and RedBoss

Fixided

Jul 29, 2019
Igor.... Flip the dance machine!
ELN has been updated to a stable 1.7.2 release!
What! You don't know what these 3 alphabets mean?!
It's short for..
ElectricalAge!

Do you hate zombies?
Do you want moar ores?
Does these questions bedaffle you?

If you answered yes! Too bad this mod ain't for you!
Presentation
Electrical age is a Minecraft Mod offering the ability to perform the industrialisation of your minecraft world..The content is more than 150 items/blocks.This mod is not just another electrical mod because of it's unique simulation model. Electricity is not exchanged with "packet" like in EU, I2C, BuildCraft, but with a real model that allows to do unseen possibilities !

EA_mine01.png
tutoAll_1.png
complexRegulationNetwork.png
transporter.png

xray.png
machines.png

Features
A better simulation

Electrical simulation with resistive and capacitive effects. Behaviour similar to those of real life objects.
Multiple electrical sources
Furnaces, Solar panels, Wind turbines, Batteries, Capacitors, ...
Break the cube
Cables, sensors, actuators, alarms, etc. can be placed on each face (outer and inner) of a cube
witch allows a significant reduction of the consumed space by electrical installations.
Night-lighting revisited
Lamps, switches, captors, ...
Small and big electricals consumers
From the lamps, electrical furnaces,... to the miners, transporters, ...
Incredible tools
XRay scanner, flashlight, portable mining drill, ...
Genericity
Old redstones circuits can be exploited with electrical - redstones converters.
Game lifetime/complexity extended
A consequent list of new raw materials and items...

Some tutorial maps are available on the release page.
"ElectricalAge_tutorial" map is a step by step tutorial
"tutoAll" map is a show room

In game controls
To open the integrated wiki it's X key.
To turn some small wall blocks it's C key + right click.
To interact with some items it's C key.

State
Work in SSP/SMP/LAN
The large majority of blocks are totaly finished. Some sound are actualy missing but it's in the pipeline.
Actualy we are focussed in releasing a version with all current stuff finished.

The Electrical Age Team:
Concepts:

dolu1990
lambdaShade
cm0x4D
Source Code:
dolu1990
3D models and texturing:
lambdaShade
dolu1990
cm0x4D
Public Relations / Wikia Writer
TheBroBeans
Others contributions
DrummingFish (GUI text parsing, testing)

Last edited:

Qazplm601

Lord of the Tumbleweeds
Sep 21, 2013
Where else?
It's short for ElectricalAge!

Do you hate zombies?
Do you want moar ores?

Presentation
Electrical age is a Minecraft Mod offering the ability to perform the industrialisation of your minecraft world..The content is more than 150 items/blocks.This mod is not just another electrical mod because of hisunique simulation model. Electricity is not echanged with "packet" like in EU, I2C, BuildCraft, but with a real model that allows to do unseen possibilities !

EA_mine01.png
tutoAll_1.png
transporter.png

xray.png
machines.png

Features
A better simulation

Electrical simulation with resistive and capacitive effects. Behaviour similar to those of real life objects.Multiple electrical sources
Break the cube
Cables, sensors, actuators, alarms, etc. can be placed on each face (outer and inner) of a cube
witch allows a significant reduction of the consumed space by electrical installations.
Night-lighting revisited
Incredible tools
Genericity

In game controls

State
Work in SSP/SMP/LAN
The large majority of blocks are totaly finished. Some sound are actualy missing but it's in the pipeline.

The Electrical Age Team:
Concepts:

dolu1990
lambdaShade
cm0x4D
Source Code:
dolu1990
3D models and texturing:
lambdaShade
dolu1990
cm0x4D
TheBroBeans
Others contributions
uhhhh..... brain overload detected. restarting.....

Derpysauce

Aug 29, 2013
Ben shapiro
It's short for..
ElectricalAge!

Do you hate zombies?
Do you want moar ores?

Presentation
Electrical age is a Minecraft Mod offering the ability to perform the industrialisation of your minecraft world..The content is more than 150 items/blocks.This mod is not just another electrical mod because of it's unique simulation model. Electricity is not exchanged with "packet" like in EU, I2C, BuildCraft, but with a real model that allows to do unseen possibilities !

EA_mine01.png
tutoAll_1.png
transporter.png

xray.png
machines.png

Features
A better simulation

Electrical simulation with resistive and capacitive effects. Behaviour similar to those of real life objects.
Multiple electrical sources
Break the cube
Night-lighting revisited
Incredible tools
Genericity

In game controls

State
Work in SSP/SMP/LAN

The Electrical Age Team:
Concepts:

dolu1990
lambdaShade
cm0x4D
Source Code:
dolu1990
3D models and texturing:
lambdaShade
dolu1990
cm0x4D
TheBroBeans
Others contributions
But that does add "moar ores"