What's new in modded minecraft today?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Only reason I used it was for the barrels, but as you mentioned now we have JABBA.. I also stopped using it because Fz seemed to be the mod responsible for the TE "steam" images getting corrupted.. after I removed it everything looked fine in TE.
I never made that connection. Cool.

Also, minor apology: I meant to say "many people", and not imply "everyone" or even a majority.

SynfulChaot

Jul 29, 2019
Used to be, router was one of only two reasons people used this mod. Jabba deprecated one reason. Interesting.

Except that Neptune made no bones about the fact that the router was getting removed. I, myself, am actually very interested in servos. Highly powerful, if a bit 'arcane' to figure out, and with a highly unique aesthetic.

And don't forget about the solar steam power generation. There is no parallel to those in modded Minecraft that I've yet seen. EDIT: Except for the RotaryCraft tower. Forgot about that. I kinda prefer steam output, though, as that's what actual solar plants use for power generation.

Last edited:
Reactions: casilleroatr

theflogat

Jul 29, 2019
Gearbox 1.2.0 is now out! It contains big gameplay improvement:
theflogat said:
Today, I bring you another version of Gearbox 1.2.0. Changelog:
- Bugfix: Dynamos not ouputing power when fully charged
- Uncrafting gearboxes is now possible
- Autocrafting is now possible
- Power calculation reworked (everything is in the tome)
- Recipes are better balanced for gears (note that input shafts are now much more expensive)

Last edited:

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
@AlgorithmX2 has updated Applied Energistics 2 to rv0.beta build 9:

AlgorithmX2 said:
rv0.beta build 8
  1. Fixed http://openeye.openmods.info/crashes/3a94293788d57daf848ec0c166e5d42d
  2. Enabled MJ6 support.
  3. Added MJ5 via MJ6 Support.
  4. Solves odd behavior tunnel behavior with newer builds of buildcraft.
rv0.beta build 9
  1. Fixed Bug: #0450 - ISidedInventory hash is not sensitive for the accessible side.
  2. Changed crash handler so that the compiler no longer generates an empty class.

It's nice to see that AlgorithmX2 is making use of OpenEye

Last edited:

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
new day, new update, and today it's @Greymerk with Roguelike Dungeons
Greymerk said:
Roguelike Dungeons - Version 1.3.1
  • Dungeons generated in the same place and seed are now identical
  • Fixed a rare crash caused by placing skulls
  • Added level 5 nether theme detailing
  • Added Obsidian room to level 5
  • Added Avidya Dojo
  • Added Nebrian Sanctum
  • Added Ashlea's Bakery
  • Added Storage Room
  • Added Skulls to corridor shelves
  • Changed first level to Oak
  • Blocks in chests now occur in stacks of 64, and less often.

and @x3n0ph0b3 with a long update for Reliquary
x3n0ph0b3 said:
Updates:

Fixed:
Angelheart and all the new items actually work, and do the things they're supposed to do.
Annoying events were replaced with not annoying events.
Hunger checks were added to prevent starving-but-invincible players.
Thrown items now render properly thanks to TheMike.
Sound effect on thrown potions was fixed.
Recipes that didn't exist before were added.

Removed:
We got rid of Void Satchels because we felt like they were sort of redundant and wonky to use. We left void tears in because they're self explanatory and relatively awesome. We hope this doesn't upset anyone.

Changed:
I'm still futzing around with several recipes. If you are following a wiki and notice recipes changing, I apologize.
Potions are in the process of an overhaul, but in the meantime I've made them slightly closer to their vanilla counterparts in both duration and cost.
Lots of recipes are being tweaked actively and still very subject to change. I'm in the process of trying to make our items recipes more interesting, more difficult and less full of ghast tears.

Expected changes:
Hero Medallion function could be a bit more useful and will probably get a "buff" to be more like TheMike's original design, instead of my automatic drain mechanics. Player will have more fine-control over storing and retrieving experience from it.

The damage-absorbing items, I just "winged it" for the hunger costs. They likely need tuning. For this, I need playtesters to tell me how they feel, especially with other mods installed that add hunger-replenishing items (Healing Axe, Extra Utils for example)

Angelheart and Phoenix Down resurrection may get a very small buff involving hunger, to make the damage absorbing items slightly more beneficial if you happen to be starving when you die.

The Elsewhere Flask turned out to be somewhat redundant when measured against what we're intending for our new potion system, so we're going to re-purpose it to be more useful in that regard. I'm shelving it until we make some headway. Also it looks stupid and needs a better sprite.

I'd like an autocrossbow.

I am still likely to implement yet more of IAreNinja's item suggestions (see page 2 of this thread), many of them have already made it in spiritually, or in their entirety.

Of course, the infamous potion system.

Also the new gun mechanics which have mostly been forgotten by time.

New Configs:
There are a few things I'd like to make configurable just for the sake of having them configurable, and these are open for discussion and suggestion alike:

Sojourner's Staff Torch list: People want to be able to let the sojourner's staff place more than vanilla torches.

Destruction Catalyst Mundane Block list: Should be up to the server to decide what blocks are "mundane".

Specific recipe disablers, as a list: It would be beneficial if server owners simply specified which items that were or weren't allowed, that way we don't need a config option for every item, the server can just add items to a comma delimited list in their config file.

Lilypad of Ferility tick probability: improve or decelerate the rate at which Lilypads influence growth to your preference.

Altar of Alkahestry completion time: Improve or decelerate the rate at which altars of alkahestry grow glowstone to your preference.
Altar of Alkahestry redstone cost: Set the amount of redstone required to activate the altar in the first place.

Hunger-damage-exchange item multiplier: I figured it would be nice if you could configure a global (or perhaps not global) multiplier for the hunger-depleting items to make them more or less useful, to your server-difficulty preference.

Angelheart and Phoenix Down resurrection effects multipliers/disablers: The resurrection items are pretty powerful, they prevent you from dying automatically and provide additional benefits. Server owners may want to increase, decrease or disable certain benefits according to their whims.

This list is very subject to change and suggestions are welcome.

Let us know what you think! Repeated for convenience is a link to our up-to-date 1.7 releases

and lastly @portablejim with a port to 1.7 for VeinMiner
Portablejim said:
13.0 Changes:
  • Upgrade to Minecraft 1.7.2
  • Added GUI to configure Veinminer
  • Simplified keybind options to take advantage of new keybinding code.
  • Changed method of detecting drops so all drops (e.g. from clay) are picked up and collated.
14.0 Changes:
  • Update and include VeinMiner Mod Support, configured to auto-add tools from a few popular mods.
  • Config filename now start with uppercase.
14.0 Fixes:
  • Redstone ore will now work properly.

tgame14

Jul 29, 2019
Advanced Fluxian Tools now ships RF API with it, this means you don't need to download it. this means that it only depends on Tgame - Core right now, This is done with consulation of CoFH team and they suggested i do this as cofhlib is not fully released really,

Also, New links for downloads are found on curseforge now for AFT and tgame-core

AFT here: http://minecraft.curseforge.com/mc-mods/220382-advanced-fluxian-tools
tgame-core here: http://minecraft.curseforge.com/mc-mods/220454-tgame-core

Also a few bugs fixed and such.[DOUBLEPOST=1400750977][/DOUBLEPOST]Calclavia Core is no longer a thing, it is now renamed to Resonant Engine and is visible source in github
Link here: https://github.com/Universal-Electricity/Resonant-Engine

This can be used as an engine for a lot of mod, basically does a lot of grunt work for you.

Resonant Induction is also visible source in github, Link here: https://github.com/Universal-Electricity/Resonant-Induction

in general UE Team is finalizing 1.6.4 and moving to 1.7
UE itself is ported to 1.7 yet is not released yet, as of the end of this week movement to 1.7 should be pretty intensive, no new features for 1.6.4 are coming. all in 1.7

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
New BetterStorage update from @copygirl (see copy, I told you that I/others would care Kappa)
  • Minecraft 1.6.4
  • Forge 9.11.1.964
    • Add enableWarningMessages config setting
    • Updated the "getConnectedTileEntity() returned null" message and included the location
    • Add cardboardBoxRows and cardboardBoxReusable config settings
    • Add ability to eat slimes in buckets
      • Depending on the type of slime they give certain effects
      • Supported: Slime, Magma Cube, Maze Slime, Pink Slime, Thaumic Slime, Blue Slime
      • Throwing splash potions at slimes, then eating them will give some of the potion effect
    • Mustache

theflogat

Jul 29, 2019
I have been a busy guy bringing you version 1.3.0 of Gearbox:
theflogat said:
1.3.0 is out! I am really fast today
smile.png
. Changelog:
Gearbox bench GUI now displays informations on the gearbox you are going to craft
Template provider displays which slots are right and which ones aren't
Instability is now present for every single type of gear

Reactions: Yusunoha

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
Advanced Fluxian Tools now ships RF API with it, this means you don't need to download it. this means that it only depends on Tgame - Core right now, This is done with consulation of CoFH team and they suggested i do this as cofhlib is not fully released really,

Also, New links for downloads are found on curseforge now for AFT and tgame-core

AFT here: http://minecraft.curseforge.com/mc-mods/220382-advanced-fluxian-tools
tgame-core here: http://minecraft.curseforge.com/mc-mods/220454-tgame-core

Also a few bugs fixed and such.[DOUBLEPOST=1400750977][/DOUBLEPOST]Calclavia Core is no longer a thing, it is now renamed to Resonant Engine and is visible source in github
Link here: https://github.com/Universal-Electricity/Resonant-Engine

This can be used as an engine for a lot of mod, basically does a lot of grunt work for you.

Resonant Induction is also visible source in github, Link here: https://github.com/Universal-Electricity/Resonant-Induction

in general UE Team is finalizing 1.6.4 and moving to 1.7
UE itself is ported to 1.7 yet is not released yet, as of the end of this week movement to 1.7 should be pretty intensive, no new features for 1.6.4 are coming. all in 1.7

What's this new module in RI? Atomic?

KillerRamer

Jul 29, 2019
The only bad thing I see about this is this is mostly a vanilla mod but nonetheless it looks cool.
That what I like about it... but i'm against it expanding upon the idea... the diamond seems a bit much, I feel like it's a good idea if it sticks to vanilla level, and far from being an uber miner. if it could dig down, and pick up the weaker metals and the dusts I'd be fine..

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
Its atomic science mod. It get merged to RI.

I thought they were waiting for 1.7 to do that. This is great news. Can't wait to feel comfortable updating to it. I've found that Calclavia's Mods are never using the same version of the base mods at the same time.