What does YOUR Power Room look like?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Berserkenstein

Jul 29, 2019
*Gulp* What kind of frame rate do you get in that nether factory room?
Normal, I don't get any drop at all. The only place I lag is in my steam boiler room that has 36 boilers.

The cables are painted so I don't get any EU packet lag if that's what you are thinking.

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
How much time did it take for you?
A freaking decade?
The closest thing I've ever gotten close to do is my Nuclear+Breeder setup.

Shakie666

Jul 29, 2019
I don't understand how people can be so lazy as to just spam thermal generators, or magmatic engines for that matter. Its not as it there isn't an alternative that's equally easy. In fact, with an MFR tree farm (and probably others I haven't thought of), you can get more power with less infrastructure costs. My 11x11 MFR redwood tree farm produces enough charcoal to power 4 36hp boilers at least - thats 1400 eu/t right there! Most of the cost comes from the steel for the boilers themselves.

Also, a paradox:
This statement is false.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Well...
Here's the wide-angle shot to show you what you've got to work with:
View attachment 4279

Have you explained to people what your damn floor is made out of? :D[DOUBLEPOST=1368484916][/DOUBLEPOST]
I don't understand how people can be so lazy as to just spam thermal generators, or magmatic engines for that matter. Its not as it there isn't an alternative that's equally easy. In fact, with an MFR tree farm (and probably others I haven't thought of), you can get more power with less infrastructure costs. My 11x11 MFR redwood tree farm produces enough charcoal to power 4 36hp boilers at least - thats 1400 eu/t right there! Most of the cost comes from the steel for the boilers themselves.

Also, a paradox:
This statement is false.

In ED's case, there isn't any reason to use lava for anything BUT extra power. There are 3 better ways to make infinite materials (one with very high yield and one that can produce more stuff at a higher energy cost). Why NOT burn it?

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
I should point out that I'm not using nether lava, rather I'm using netherrack. But Liara wants to move to (Ars-fabricated) blaze rods. Though I do still have a few tens of thousands of netherrack left, so *shrug*

The diamond and gold bricks are made by chiseling a diamond or gold ingot, the lapis bricks are 1 stone brick + 4 lapis bricks for 4. And the grey brick is 7 bricks + 1 grey dye for 7. (And a brush thing isn't consumed in crafting, and it still has the wrong tooltip Dave :p)

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
I should point out that I'm not using nether lava, rather I'm using netherrack. But Liara wants to move to (Ars-fabricated) blaze rods. Though I do still have a few tens of thousands of netherrack left, so *shrug*

The diamond and gold bricks are made by chiseling a diamond or gold ingot, the lapis bricks are 1 stone brick + 4 lapis bricks for 4. And the grey brick is 7 bricks + 1 grey dye for 7. (And a brush thing isn't consumed in crafting, and it still has the wrong tooltip Dave :p)

I dunno what is up with that tooltip. I do not think it's my bug to fix.

Just to be clear, your floors are made of freakkin' diamond bricks.

TheLegendaryFoxFire

Jul 29, 2019
I needed more power so I turned my gregtech building into a fusion reactor factory.

I currently have 4 fusion reactors and it takes 15-20 minutes to autocraft all the parts for a fusion reactor, 5 minutes to build it.

It takes 15 minutes to build all the machines and parts to make the tritium/deuterium fuel, and a decade to wire it all up. :(

Underwater building houses 2 reactors:
cRpRi1kh.jpg
My old base which has been gutted to store 2 more:
BPO3MUTh.jpg

Link to imgur album.

A video of me building my fourth reactor as the parts are autocrafted for it.

Video tour of the whole factory.
...You needed more power than this? Mother of god...