What does YOUR Power Room look like?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Berserkenstein

Jul 29, 2019
[/spoiler]

Wow... just... wow. That, building design, sir, is awesome.

I can't take credit for the design of the building exterior, it is a real building.
SMhgEZP.jpg
I just modeled it in game.

I am a fan of brutalism.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brutalist_architecture

Which this building is an example of.

Reactions: Ako_the_Builder

Mash

Jul 29, 2019
I can't take credit for the design of the building exterior, it is a real building.
SMhgEZP.jpg
I just modeled it in game.

I am a fan of brutalism.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brutalist_architecture

Which this building is an example of.

Honestly, I'm more impressed with the fact that you built it more than the inspiration for the design.

It is definitely a very cool design, but the damn-near perfect modeling is far more impressive to me.

11philip22

Jul 29, 2019
Four MFR Bioreactors, three of them feeding eight high pressure boilers each, one just four, as I cba to move my multifarm;)
the Bioreactors get fed with just four different kinds of seeds, and that's still more than enough to keep the boilers steaming.
Four ultimate advanced solar panels as jump-in for catastrophic emergency events(tm).
All in all aber 8500 EU/t.
View attachment 3771View attachment 3772View attachment 3773View attachment 3774
Minigame: Spot the chicken.

verry nice base can you show me more?

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
Here is my updated IC2 Biofuel room. Currently 5 diesel generators outputting 60 eu/tick. I tried automating it with AE, but is wouldn't balance the way I wanted (and it cost energy to run) This seemed the easiest way to balance everything out. The golems take the output of each machine and dump it into a RP2 relay in the floor. Tubes then take the materials to the next machine set. The whole room with a total of 15 machines are handled by 4 clay golems.

2013-05-10_00.10.17.png

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
Here is my updated IC2 Biofuel room. Currently 5 diesel generators outputting 60 eu/tick. I tried automating it with AE, but is wouldn't balance the way I wanted (and it cost energy to run) This seemed the easiest way to balance everything out. The golems take the output of each machine and dump it into a RP2 relay in the floor. Tubes then take the materials to the next machine set. The whole room with a total of 15 machines are handled by 4 clay golems.

The way it's set up kind of reminds me of an arm muscle. Flowing together around a bone.

Peeta

Jul 29, 2019
I'm so glad this thread is here. I'm sick of seeing people on public FTB servers simply tapping the nether. Or, in the case of Mystcraft being disabled, donating for a Mystcraft Lava Ocean age for their lava pumping needs. The server I play on has 150 slots so that much lava pumping is just... Ugh on the latency. One guy I talked to was getting 15k EU/t from pumping lava -_-

Mash

Jul 29, 2019
I'm so glad this thread is here. I'm sick of seeing people on public FTB servers simply tapping the nether. Or, in the case of Mystcraft being disabled, donating for a Mystcraft Lava Ocean age for their lava pumping needs. The server I play on has 150 slots so that much lava pumping is just... Ugh on the latency. One guy I talked to was getting 15k EU/t from pumping lava -_-

Psh. I prefer boilers for energy. Especially now that I have power converters.

I think through a converter, each 36 HP boiler puts out something like, 360 eu/t. That's not a bad deal at all.

Ember Quill

Nov 2, 2012
Tapping the Nether is too easy and boring. Where's the fun in that?

ApSciLiara

Jul 29, 2019
Exactly! And one guy on my server paid $30 for a mystcraft lava age -_- All biofuel all the way! (until fusion reactors ;P)
Good luck with achieving nuclear fusion! I hear it requires something on the order of 300 chrome. Which requires 2700 ruby dust. Which, if you go through the redstone centrifuging route, costs 81k redstone. Good thing that you can renew redstone somewhat easily with a witch spawner!

Reactions: KirinDave

Ember Quill

Nov 2, 2012
Exactly! And one guy on my server paid $30 for a mystcraft lava age -_- All biofuel all the way! (until fusion reactors ;P)
Gotta love renewable energy sources. I always start working on biomass production as soon as I've got my basic TE ore processing setup. Biogas engines are a GREAT way to generate power until you get to the point where you need a boiler.

Reactions: ApSciLiara

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
Finally I have an almost halfway decent power room!

2013-05-13_15.21.22.png

It's not much compared to a lot I've seen here, but 60 magma crucibles is a good start I think.

[edit] Oops I didn't look at the last page so I didn't realise I already had the latest post. Oh well, it's been a few hours.

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
So it's more a wall than a door that it needs. I would have liked to put it further away but... well the other end of the tunnel is reclaimed from the water, making extending it rather difficult :(

Anyhow it can all be moved elsewhere when necessary.

Berserkenstein

Jul 29, 2019
I needed more power so I turned my gregtech building into a fusion reactor factory.

I currently have 4 fusion reactors and it takes 15-20 minutes to autocraft all the parts for a fusion reactor, 5 minutes to build it.

It takes 15 minutes to build all the machines and parts to make the tritium/deuterium fuel, and a decade to wire it all up. :(

Underwater building houses 2 reactors:
cRpRi1kh.jpg
My old base which has been gutted to store 2 more:
BPO3MUTh.jpg

Link to imgur album.

A video of me building my fourth reactor as the parts are autocrafted for it.

Video tour of the whole factory.