What does YOUR Power Room look like?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

themarshal80

Jul 29, 2019
Ohhh man, industrial blast furnaces would have saved you a lot of suffering. Needs double the coal and a constant 128 EU/t power supply, but it's far quicker than what Railcraft gives you for options.

Sent from my phone using black magic

Probably, but I don't like using GT that much.

-themarshal80

Chrissy

Jul 29, 2019
You certainly know what you're doing with some stuff but not others, you're clearly not a beginner, but my beginner's guide videos may help you out somewhat with some of the newer stuff such as redstone conduit. Link is in my sig.[DOUBLEPOST=1367059008][/DOUBLEPOST]

Bah, I can't find no chicken. Nice setup, love the scale of it!

IC2, Fine,
Most of buildcraft, Fine

I'm still trying to figure out how i can get that energy link better, If i have enough power, I think i will wire one up to a quarry, Set the quarry up to send the trash to my boxmotron[DOUBLEPOST=1367076100][/DOUBLEPOST]
Probably, but I don't like using GT that much.

-themarshal80

i'd use it if a bunch of things were explained, It's super poorly documented[DOUBLEPOST=1367076280][/DOUBLEPOST]
You certainly know what you're doing with some stuff but not others, you're clearly not a beginner, but my beginner's guide videos may help you out somewhat with some of the newer stuff such as redstone conduit. Link is in my sig.[DOUBLEPOST=1367059008][/DOUBLEPOST]

Bah, I can't find no chicken. Nice setup, love the scale of it!

Yea, Mods that introduce another kind of power make me confused, There can be only one!

I miss my energy link, You know what fark it, What mod is the energy link from

Beebtron

Jul 29, 2019
Man, can I get a Layer by Layer blueprint of this masterpiece?! I want to build one of these for my server!

Hey guys!

Here's a power plant I built for my friend's server. It produces 1800 Mj/t that anyone can tap into.

Overview of the plant
2013-04-26_091531.png

Xycraft tanks for biofuel, creosote, biomass, and apple juice
*Note the empty biomass and apple juice tanks, I used up the apple juice so production of biomass slowed way down. Switched back to water for my fermenters until I produce more apple juice again.
2013-04-26_091525.png

The Greenhouse for my tree farms. It contains 4 Max sized forestry Multi-block farms and a Steve's Cart tree farm. It used to have 3 Steve's Carts tree farms, but I'm getting ready for the nerfs.
2013-04-26_091511.png

4 Fermenters managed by a local AE network
2013-04-26_091003-1.png

4 Squeezers and the AE network above the Fermenters
2013-04-26_091009-1.png

24 Stills
2013-04-26_091236.png

2 Turbines to power a matter fab right underneath the stills
2013-04-26_091123.png

12 36HP boilers, all liquid fueled. They're in a circular pattern so I can't get a shot of all of them. It's quite cramped in here.
Also, 200 Industrial Steam Engines.
2013-04-26_091109.png

10 of the boilers power 18 engines each, which feed into 2 sides of a Redstone Energy Cell, which feed into 2 Energy Tesseracts on the same frequency.
2 boilers power a turbine each and 10 more engines that feed into a REC and an Energy Tesseract. This all totals to 200 Industrial Steam Engines, 2 Turbines, 12 RECs, and 22 Energy Tesseracts.
2013-04-26_091252.png

The top 2 tree farms
2013-04-26_091302.png

The 2 tree farms below that
2013-04-26_091312.png

And finally the Steve's Carts one
2013-04-26_091346.png

I don't like cluttering the place too much with pipes, so I use a lot of tesseracts, enderchests and endertanks for transportation of the liquids and items. I also like the "module" feel, so each section is separate except for maybe a few wires/pipes.

Well, there it is. Comments and criticisms welcome.

-themarshal80

Heath Cushman

Jul 29, 2019
Recreated my melon power, and with creative mode. (Got to play with it and make it compact. Not sure how many engines before it cannot support itself though, 10 works great at the moment)

I'm quite happy with this design and may tweak it only a bit when my friends server comes back up. (Still working on components of my wheat farm to biomass facility, may use this melon setup for initial power of the farms and biomass production)

CunIc.jpg

You have quite a few gates there. Would you mind letting us know what kind/settings they have on them to create this setup. I've done all the building, just need to know what the settings are. Thanks.

MrBear09

Jul 29, 2019
Boilers might be getting old but I like my clean setup (The boilers are fed wood planks through AE, under the Netherbrick Facade's):
sqhH0lB.png

And the Conversion of steam into power:
SMWPQbT.jpg

using power converters.

FivEven

Jul 29, 2019
You have quite a few gates there. Would you mind letting us know what kind/settings they have on them to create this setup. I've done all the building, just need to know what the settings are. Thanks.
Dug up an old design of mine... I had worked on it more, but the default nerf to seed oil from seeds brought it from 26 engines with excess oil to 4 engines with maybe some excess... super tight.

As far as the gates go, the ones next to the engines are there to detect the red pipe signal and output a redstone signal. The one under the tank is an always running autarchic gate with a detect liquids>send pipe signal. The ones by the squeezers are additional autarchic gates to pump the liquid out.

Beyond these things, the design is a tad flawed. I had not realized that a redstone signal would turn off the router...

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
I feel bad for all these builds. With a double nerf in 1.5 (Steve's carts logging nerf AND Forestry biofuel nerf), several people here will be able to power only a fraction of their boilers (or biofuel-eating engines).
MFR is nice, but it can't be "prettied up" like Steve's carts. Or Forestry's diagonal farms (which also look cool).

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
I feel bad for all these builds. With a double nerf in 1.5 (Steve's carts logging nerf AND Forestry biofuel nerf), several people here will be able to power only a fraction of their boilers (or biofuel-eating engines).
MFR is nice, but it can't be "prettied up" like Steve's carts. Or Forestry's diagonal farms (which also look cool).

No matter how bad the nerf is, it still can't be worse than GregTech's nerfs.

Berserkenstein

Jul 29, 2019

I've been using cactus, sugarcane, and plantballs to make biofuel for over a year and I'm glad the nerf doesn't affect me at all.

Now I turn sheared leaves into plantballs as well because of MFR harvesters being able to shear leaves.

I usually just turn everything into plantballs, I know it makes more fuel inserting sugarcane and cactus directly, but this way I don't have to deal with filtering out stuff to different fermenters.

I'm getting even more biofuel since I've started making the MFR rubber tree farms and sending the rubber wood to a bunch of industrial centrifuges. It's a great source of rubber, plantballs, carbon cells and methane.

The methane is a nice little perk as I get some extra EU as well.

Reactions: jumpfight5

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
No matter how bad the nerf is, it still can't be worse than GregTech's nerfs.
The guy below you I've quoted know's what he's doing and has used Gregtech to his advantage. It's not a bad mod, and these nerfs are most definitely worse than GT's changes to the game.
I've been using cactus, sugarcane, and plantballs to make biofuel for over a year and I'm glad the nerf doesn't affect me at all.

Now I turn sheared leaves into plantballs as well because of MFR harvesters being able to shear leaves.

I usually just turn everything into plantballs, I know it makes more fuel inserting sugarcane and cactus directly, but this way I don't have to deal with filtering out stuff to different fermenters.

I'm getting even more biofuel since I've started making the MFR rubber tree farms and sending the rubber wood to a bunch of industrial centrifuges. It's a great source of rubber, plantballs, carbon cells and methane.

The methane is a nice little perk as I get some extra EU as well.
Have you used other plant-based methods (tons of different farms) to make MFR's bio reactors efficient? I know that's a good option that produces tons of it, but only if you have several different types of farms running (and may or may not skip over Forestry's nerf :p). Your method is very useful because you have plant balls producing already, giving you infinite dirt if you ever need it by macerating :D.

Berserkenstein

Jul 29, 2019
The guy below you I've quoted know's what he's doing and has used Gregtech to his advantage. It's not a bad mod, and these nerfs are most definitely worse than GT's changes to the game.

Have you used other plant-based methods (tons of different farms) to make MFR's bio reactors efficient? I know that's a good option that produces tons of it, but only if you have several different types of farms running (and may or may not skip over Forestry's nerf :p). Your method is very useful because you have plant balls producing already, giving you infinite dirt if you ever need it by macerating :D.

I haven't, however I have every type of plant and seed crap in my AE storage I believe. I plan on testing automatically feeding a bioreactor, however I'm busy working on automating EVERYTHING in my gregtech/AE building atm.

Here's a sneak peek:

OMSOeEc.jpg

zwxqzHO.jpg

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't, however I have every type of plant and seed crap in my AE storage I believe. I plan on testing automatically feeding a bioreactor, however I'm busy working on automating EVERYTHING in my gregtech/AE building atm.

Here's a sneak peek:

OMSOeEc.jpg

zwxqzHO.jpg
Needs more Iridium Reinforced Tungsteel blocks in my opinion. And you need to gut the CF walls in my opinion. But that's my opinion on building materials for a GT/AE building.
Plus I think CF walls look like shit. And are for poor people.