What does YOUR Power Room look like?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

OCP

Jul 29, 2019
You can in fact use Gendustry to speed-rush some bees and trees to get saplings that are ridiculously efficient. I'm producing 12k RF/tick and that's a mere fraction of the potential (only one full size forrestry farm producing the saplings) even at less than the possible efficiency (by using water in the fermenter and compression dynamos instead of RC boilers).

What tree and bees are you referring to? Never done anything with bees and kind of want to try them out at some point. especially if I can make a more efficient tree farm (especially for saplings if possible) My wood production is through the roof but saplings/leaves arent as good as I would like to ramp up ethanol production.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
What tree and bees are you referring to? Never done anything with bees and kind of want to try them out at some point. especially if I can make a more efficient tree farm (especially for saplings if possible) My wood production is through the roof but saplings/leaves arent as good as I would like to ramp up ethanol production.

There are several traits in trees that can make some of them highly sought after. I believe there is a bamboo type tree that has a very high sapling generation as the tree normally only has a handful of leaves on it. Other trees traits give high sapiness. If you combine that with a tree that grows fast, and has lots of leaves, you end up with kinda a uber treee for creating biomass. Gendustry shortcuts the normal breeding mechanics and allows you to get the tree you want in a matter of days instead of weeks with traditional tree breeding.[DOUBLEPOST=1408751422][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, if you are getting into tree and bees, I would recommend going through the traditional tree/bee breeding using Forestry and Extra Bees/Trees before using the gendustry machines. You will have a lot better understanding of the mechanics. Also, not all packs will have gendustry, so you will need to create them without the super machines.

Reactions: Padfoote

EnderPig02

Jul 29, 2019
My power setup: I actually don't have this world anymore as it was on my old laptop (I have a desktop now)

Anyway my power setup in this world (which I am trying to replicate) was 3 basic solar panels running to my default IC2 setup (all base machines) to augment this power setup I had an auto crafting table producing plantballs from leaves I had harvested. The plantballs were being sent to a fermenter that was turning them into biomass. The biomass was being pumped into a still that was turning it into ethanol gas. The ethanol cans were then pumped into my generator and charged my IC2 line. The MJ was produced by a force engine from DartCraft that was fed manually and cooled by water from a TE aqueous accumulator. I never managed to finish my power setup and never got a good degree of automation going, but it was functional and got me a full set of nano armor so yeh...

Anyway thats my old power setup. I had a small house therefore a small area for expansion but hey as long as it works.