What cool little thing have you discovered today?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah they're nuts. Funny thing though: sometimes you need more inputs and outputs than the 6-sides of a drum can provide, at which point the miniature drum is its own limitation.

My mind is trying to figure out how you could add a second drum to get more "faces" to attach conduits to (just like adding additional AE2 Controller blocks). But you'd have to keep the fluid levels equal somehow, which probably isn't as easy as it sounds. You couldn't let the connecting conduit extract too much from one of the drums. Is there such a mechanic to "equalize fluids"?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
My mind is trying to figure out how you could add a second drum to get more "faces" to attach conduits to (just like adding additional AE2 Controller blocks). But you'd have to keep the fluid levels equal somehow, which probably isn't as easy as it sounds. You couldn't let the connecting conduit extract too much from one of the drums. Is there such a mechanic to "equalize fluids"?
Not that I know of. But if you have Refined Relocation, it has Block Extenders which will perform this task for you in a handy fashion I expect.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Do they pick up dropped things? (Entities? I dunno)
I mean I see zombies pick up random objects sometimes, so I wonder if this could apply to any mob if you throw a piece of iridium in front of it.

I've been in creative trying to get this to work, but they won't pick up stuff just laying on the ground. And unfortunately I cannot place a block of Iridium Ore down. It is un-place-able, in either creative or survival mode. So this would appear to be the end of what sounded like a very promising idea... unless you could find a block of iridium ore in the world without mining it, then get an enderman to come close enough to grab it... sounds like it requires more patience than I would ever have tho. LOL

Last edited:

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
I'm wondering WHAT you're doing that requires that many liquid channels?

Edit- late reply in spoilers
Actually I would be satisfied with just a "Block of Bark" :p Then I could apply it to Carpenter's blocks slopes as well(which is a bit of a mess with normal logs) to make more realistic looking trees.

Ofc there are Natura Redwood bark. Just not sure its colour etc. always fits. But it might be an idea...
I think theres a hidden vanila block that has 6 sided bark- Vechs mentioned it in one of his mapping demos

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I'm wondering WHAT you're doing that requires that many liquid channels?

I'd say it has more to do with inputs than outputs, but for me I just use a Tesseract or a Dimensional Transceiver to keep the Drum input and output down to one connection each. I let the "magic blocks" do their thing.

Sometimes we just throw stuff out there and brainstorm back and forth, whether it has a real application or not. LOL Although I have heard that a Mekanism desalination plant requires so much water, it requires multiple conduit connections otherwise you exceed the conduit capacity for a single connection.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Let's debate this. Are they serious?

http://www.pcgamer.com/pcs-most-stressful-games/

Go to page 6 of 17.

"Minecraft can be quite serene by day, but when night falls and those pesky Creepers start loitering around things you’ve spent hours creating, your nerves begin to fray. You’re better off just hiding in a hole and waiting patiently for sunrise."

Well, okay. I've certainly been there, too many times to count. LOL

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Let's debate this. Are they serious?

http://www.pcgamer.com/pcs-most-stressful-games/

Go to page 6 of 17.

"Minecraft can be quite serene by day, but when night falls and those pesky Creepers start loitering around things you’ve spent hours creating, your nerves begin to fray. You’re better off just hiding in a hole and waiting patiently for sunrise."

Well, okay. I've certainly been there, too many times to count. LOL

Maybe for the first few days, but once I've got iron or better equipment, I hunt creepers and endermen with a Ted Nugent-esque passion.

Reactions: asb3pe

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe for the first few days, but once I've got iron or better equipment, I hunt creepers and endermen with a Ted Nugent-esque passion.

Alright... ah zee Wango zee Tango!!! :D

The dude could RIP IT UP! I'm a metal-head from way way back, but these days my hair is quite a bit shorter. LOL

Thank man, I really needed a fix of the Motor City Madman in the worst way!!

Music isn't "music" anymore, gotta go back to the 70's and 80's when it was still real and not manufactured rubbish and utter crapola like today's posers.

Look what I just found!! Reminds me of when I saw him around 79 or 80. Awesome stuff! REAL ROCK AND ROLL (No "Weird Scenes Inside The Canyon" with Ted)

Last edited:

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Today I discovered openblocks' /dev/null can be used for multiple items in a single recipe slot. For example:
2015-02-27_22.10.55.png

Works like a dream, too. When there are actual functions in minetweaker, you could easily write one that you use like "val appleStack= devnull(<minecraft:apple>, 64)" instead of the long NBT data thing. And if you're interested in the scipt that adds the above recipe, check the link below:

http://pastebin.com/mCTd9g6L

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I finally learned the value of Bedrockium Drums. One block (the drum) can take the place of 3 full-sized Railcraft Steel Tanks, which are each 9x9x8=648 blocks of volume. So one block can hold as much liquid as 1944 blocks if I did the math right. I know I'm late to the party with this "big news", but it still amazes me. I'm a creature of habit and always built big huge "tank farms"... but no more. Just run that quarry until you have the diamonds and cobble to make a drum.

you should check out the fluid tanks from EnderTech, they're not exactly cheap and require RF to work, but they can hold even more than a bedrockium drum

also, this week I found out if you should shift while flying with the hangglider from Openblocks that you'll actually fly alot faster, but you'll also move down quicker
but if you equip any kind of flying item (such as Simply Jetpacks) you can easily gain height again and use repeat by using shift again

NuBSMcGee

Jul 29, 2019
Thaumic Tinkerer - Transvector Interface. You link it to a block, and then anything interacting with it is actually interacting with the block you linked it to.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
also, this week I found out if you should shift while flying with the hangglider from Openblocks that you'll actually fly alot faster, but you'll also move down quicker
but if you equip any kind of flying item (such as Simply Jetpacks) you can easily gain height again and use repeat by using shift again

So this explains why so many people on the server are seen with both jetpack AND glider? I've often wondered why they are doing it but never directly asked the question. I guess jetpack + glider is faster than just jetpack alone? I still really don't see the point, my Tier 5 Flux jetpack is quite fast, altho if glider makes it even faster then I guess I could understand, but to me it just means one more thing to carry around in inventory all the time.

The Mobius Archives

Mar 31, 2013
www.youtube.com
So while doing my mod spotlight on Thermal Dynamics I discovered you can connect different fluxducts together without an intermediate power transformer. This may have been in 1.6 but I always put a cell in-between before.

Another interesting thing is you can place down the unfilled fluxducts i.e. Redstone Energy Fluxduct (Empty), Resonant Fluxduct (Empty), Cryostabilized Fluxduct (Empty). So if you want to use them for just decoration you can!

Here's the spotlight if you're interested:

As a side note I also discovered as a feature/bug that the Fluctuating Itemduct appears to transfer items instantaneously. So you may find that either broken, or less expensive than the warp itemduct. Note: Your mileage may vary.

Exadi

Jul 29, 2019
Today I discovered just how much better RotaryCraft's Item Vacuum is than the Vacuum Hopper. When my 2x extractor + 2x friction heated furnace all running at 1 operation per tick started processing a metal that gave way more XP than it should (no idea what part of my pack is causing that), my TPS dropped to 0.45 and I had to go into my compact machine and place an AC engine, redstone clock and Item Vacuum all at ~0.2 FPS. This fixed the problem pretty quickly except I forgot they pull from adjacent inventories so I had to move the shaft core from the Vacuum to the AC Engine a few times. It ended up picking up over 20000 xp in what I would guess would be under a second if I'd brought a shaft to separate the engine from the vacuum and the game wasn't running so slowly.

Odovbold

Jul 29, 2019
Today I discovered just how much better RotaryCraft's Item Vacuum is than the Vacuum Hopper. When my 2x extractor + 2x friction heated furnace all running at 1 operation per tick started processing a metal that gave way more XP than it should (no idea what part of my pack is causing that), my TPS dropped to 0.45 and I had to go into my compact machine and place an AC engine, redstone clock and Item Vacuum all at ~0.2 FPS. This fixed the problem pretty quickly except I forgot they pull from adjacent inventories so I had to move the shaft core from the Vacuum to the AC Engine a few times. It ended up picking up over 20000 xp in what I would guess would be under a second if I'd brought a shaft to separate the engine from the vacuum and the game wasn't running so slowly.
Have you tried using EnderIO vacuum chest ?

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
So this explains why so many people on the server are seen with both jetpack AND glider? I've often wondered why they are doing it but never directly asked the question. I guess jetpack + glider is faster than just jetpack alone? I still really don't see the point, my Tier 5 Flux jetpack is quite fast, altho if glider makes it even faster then I guess I could understand, but to me it just means one more thing to carry around in inventory all the time.

it's actually a bit better than that, use your jetpack to fly up high, and when you're high enough activate the glider and turn off your jetpack, use the shift when using the glider to go really fast till you're getting too low to the ground, activate your jetpack again, fly up higher and turn it off again repeat the whole process again. by doing this you can save up alot of power from your jetpack, which is very useful early on when you're still using low tier jetpacks.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
I just found that if you highlight a waypoint in Mapwriter (by clicking on it in the main OPIS/Mapwriter map GUI), it will appear on the minimap in all dimensions. Could be useful for getting RoC's shaft-through-a-Nether/TwilightForest/Mystcraft-portal thing to work, although ChromatiCraft's world rift has basically nullified that now.

Colossis

Jul 29, 2019
I discovered that it is a bad idea to put my mfr tree/herba farm too close to my large mana bean farm....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk