What cool little thing have you discovered today?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I don't know, but it has had bedrock for several versions. I had to get rid of some in a 1.6.4 world because laser drills don't work with it, so it's been around at least that long.
Best guess would be that factorization aims to add back the old rough bedrock(where there were blocks scattered randomly up 3 layers above the smooth bedrock layer). This is based on that the config refers to this bedrock as:
I:fracturedBedrockBlockId=2173

But not sure why it doesn't spawn in packs like TPPI though. Something else must be overwriting it.

Odovbold

Jul 29, 2019
TIL TE/CoFHCore/TF dev releases is dangerous, and testing dev releases on your current world is definitely NO-NO!

Trying to fix my corrupted world whole night but failed, luckily I can revert it back to a git commit I did last night.

Beeze23

Jul 29, 2019
ProjectRed wiring is compatible with Extra Utilities conduit. :D

Nmb28sc.png

(There's a Not gate on the back going around to the transfer node on the other side)

Reactions: rhn

Beeze23

Jul 29, 2019
Yup ^^ too bad that Thermal Dynamics won't have multipart support anymore

Urf. o_O

Is there going to be another dynamic for separating them, then?

If they were paintable, that would be awesome.

Last edited:

krazy_kow

Jan 9, 2014
The crescent hammer can not only rotate pistons and stairs (that's pretty much widely known I guess) but also vanilla wood logs

Reactions: Fuzzbling

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
The crescent hammer can not only rotate pistons and stairs (that's pretty much widely known I guess) but also vanilla wood logs
Yeah but what I really want is a tool(or log type) where I can choose which side the "core" sides go on. So I could have "L-bend" logs for example. Nothing looks worse than trees with logs showing the "core"...

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Yeah but what I really want is a tool(or log type) where I can choose which side the "core" sides go on. So I could have "L-bend" logs for example. Nothing looks worse than trees with logs showing the "core"...
This sounds like something that should be in Chisel. I know there's blocks that remember two different facings in GregTech (or there were, at least, and there soon will be again- Greg's doing a rewrite), so it can be done.

Heck, even logs with proper connected textures would do it. Because, presumably, you'll want to have the crosscut ends facing each other most of the time and the bark faces showing.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
This sounds like something that should be in Chisel. I know there's blocks that remember two different facings in GregTech (or there were, at least, and there soon will be again- Greg's doing a rewrite), so it can be done.

Heck, even logs with proper connected textures would do it. Because, presumably, you'll want to have the crosscut ends facing each other most of the time and the bark faces showing.
Actually I would be satisfied with just a "Block of Bark" :p Then I could apply it to Carpenter's blocks slopes as well(which is a bit of a mess with normal logs) to make more realistic looking trees.

Ofc there are Natura Redwood bark. Just not sure its colour etc. always fits. But it might be an idea...

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
with factorization you can craft 'bark' logs that don't show the wood 'core' on any side.
You know, I have seemed to remember that there was such a thing back in 1.4.7 or so. But just cannot find a way of doing it now(1.6.4).

ewsmith

Jul 29, 2019
2x2 crafting as same type logs.
it doesn't show up in nei.
same with crafting two stone slabs vertically and the a 2x2 craftinf of the result.

Reactions: rhn

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, you're 30m away from land? I'm just gonna shatter into pieces here, you have to swim the remaining distance :p

That's half of it. The other half of it is when I arrive at my destination and jump out of the boat... and suddenly the boat is going AWAY from the shore at light speed, and I have to swim all the way out to it, get in, turn around, head to shore, jump out... and I repeat this ridiculousness about six times in a row.

That's when I came here and posted. :D I can deal with the boat breaking on shore even tho I'm 10 blocks away from it. I typically just make 4 boats and when I get down to my last two left, I make a few more. That way, I'm never swimming, I always have a backup boat ready.