What cool little thing have you discovered today?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
That Mekanism Obsidian TNT is not to be taken lightly:
T5H0E6d.png

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Was that from one block of obsidian TNT?

Wow.
Nah. I dug a vertical shaft down to bedrock and filled it with the Obsidian TNT. Then activated it from below with wireless redstone :p
It seems to be something like double as strong as normal TNT when just using a single block, but it just takes off when you have multiple exploding at the same time. Like if its multiplicative or exponential effect or something. ;)

Oh and a little side note: the number one easiest way to set off TNT from a safe distance: MFR Needlegun with fire needles :p

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Nah. I dug a vertical shaft down to bedrock and filled it with the Obsidian TNT. Then activated it from below with wireless redstone :p
It seems to be something like double as strong as normal TNT when just using a single block, but it just takes off when you have multiple exploding at the same time. Like if its multiplicative or exponential effect or something. ;)

Oh and a little side note: the number one easiest way to set off TNT from a safe distance: MFR Needlegun with fire needles :p
I see. Interesting...

I've used IC2 mining lasers to remotely detonate TNT, and I'm pretty sure the RoC fireball-shooting thingy will do it, too. However, the needlegun fires much faster than either of those. I'll have to remember that.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Wisps are a great source of LP

Now to figure out what to do with the filing cabinet of Essence . . .

great use for essentia that you may need. each essence gives you 2 essentia of that specific type and 2 aurum, which you can break down into praecantio

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019

Can these things take out bedrock if you have enough of them?

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Nope Bedrock is indestructible. At least unless some other mods tweak it.

actually, on my Direwolf20 1.7.10 creative world I had an automatic wither killing setup using a MFR laser.
you build a small space at bedrock with a MFR mining laser aiming down to the bedrock and the wither takes massive amounts of damage from the laser.
but sometimes the wither was able to dodge the laser and started shooting projectiles and a few times it happened that bedrock was destroyed.

it didn't drop the actual bedrock block but rather a bedrock block added by Factorization, and these bedrock blocks from Factorization would easily be destroyed again by the wither.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
actually, on my Direwolf20 1.7.10 creative world I had an automatic wither killing setup using a MFR laser.
you build a small space at bedrock with a MFR mining laser aiming down to the bedrock and the wither takes massive amounts of damage from the laser.
but sometimes the wither was able to dodge the laser and started shooting projectiles and a few times it happened that bedrock was destroyed.

it didn't drop the actual bedrock block but rather a bedrock block added by Factorization, and these bedrock blocks from Factorization would easily be destroyed again by the wither.
That's probably because bedrock is on a list of blocks that the Wither cannot destroy (along with command blocks and End portal frames). Factorization bedrock apparently is not on this list.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
That's probably because bedrock is on a list of blocks that the Wither cannot destroy (along with command blocks and End portal frames). Factorization bedrock apparently is not on this list.

but did factorization actually generate it's bedrock along the vanilla bedrock?
otherwise the wither still did destroy the vanilla bedrock but dropped the factorization bedrock instead...

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
but did factorization actually generate it's bedrock along the vanilla bedrock?
otherwise the wither still did destroy the vanilla bedrock but dropped the factorization bedrock instead...
Well that's weird.
I wonder why at all Fz has its own bedrock .

Vaeliorin

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know, but it has had bedrock for several versions. I had to get rid of some in a 1.6.4 world because laser drills don't work with it, so it's been around at least that long.