What cool little thing have you discovered today?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Kirameki

Jul 29, 2019
I believe FzAddons makes the wrath igniter work, as long as you are in 1.6.4.
Sidenote, but technically something I discovered: I got the "Long Time No Speak" award today, for posting less than once a day for the past year. I posted 364 times...
I just got 1 year, Faceless, and Long Time No Speak today, myself. I guess faceless only triggers after going a year without an avatar? (I suck at choosing avatars, at least I got rewarded for my indecision/procrastination this time! :p )

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
I just got 1 year, Faceless, and Long Time No Speak today, myself. I guess faceless only triggers after going a year without an avatar? (I suck at choosing avatars, at least I got rewarded for my indecision/procrastination this time! :p )
I got 1 year and Long Time No Speak today as well... what is this madness?

Jul 29, 2019
Nope. I wanted to get it, so removed my avatar, and put it back. Updated after about 2 days(?) or so.

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
Kearneysville, West Virginia
But the dungeon loot are the smaller ones only?

I keep forgetting to check NEI, but so far I have found either 6 or 9 mega rubber saplings: safe to plant, but the way they are built, harvesters & treecapitator type mechanics don't seem to recognize them as trees. I suspect this is deliberate & not a bug. Things looking for trees look for a column of wood with a leaf block on top (I think), but these are built with a column of wood bare in the center at the top, with branches fanning up & out corner to corner before being covered in leaves. 1 tree will just about fill a double chest once you manage to cut it all down, though.

Haven't seen a Sacred sapling yet, but there is a config option to allow it in dungeon loot, but I don't know if that includes the mega saplings as well.

I also really like the new Railcraft village house in 1.7.10

Reactions: Ritt

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
I already knew putting a crafting station next to a tool station would let you fix TiCo tools in it.

What I found today is I can use it for massive modifier addition aswell.

Adding 8 blocks of lapis at once rather than 2 speeds up the process no end!

mcalpha

Jul 29, 2019
I already knew putting a crafting station next to a tool station would let you fix TiCo tools in it.

What I found today is I can use it for massive modifier addition aswell.

Adding 8 blocks of lapis at once rather than 2 speeds up the process no end!
*head->desk* and I always wondered what that symbol in the center square meant...

Reactions: PierceSG

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Just learned that golems in carts can interact with inventories as it passes by. The opening animation plays and everything. Some interesting possibilities here.

Last edited:
Reactions: pizzawolf14

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Yo dawg, I heard you like transporting the channels for P2P tunnels via P2P tunnels.
Too bad this isn't working, I thought I could run 32768 channels through one dense cable :D

But I can use a subnetwork with the sole purpose of transmitting channels from the main network, only connected through quartz fibers.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Yo dawg, I heard you like transporting the channels for P2P tunnels via P2P tunnels.
Too bad this isn't working, I thought I could run 32768 channels through one dense cable :D

But I can use a subnetwork with the sole purpose of transmitting channels from the main network, only connected through quartz fibers.
What? You can't run P2P tunnel channels through more P2P tunnels? That surprises me.

I like to plug my P2P tunnels into my main controller, so that the cable coming out of the tunnel and the cable between paired tunnels are on the same network. It's mainly for convenience- if I need a single channel somewhere (or as part of a build requiring nine or thirty-three channels), I don't need another P2P tunnel to connect it to the rest of the network. I ran into that problem in the auto-potion-crafter that I posted about somewhere a while back.

Subnetworks work too, though. They save some faces on your controller, and don't necessarily even require controllers of their own. You could use a separate ad hoc network for each face of the controller in your main network (which could make dense cable entirely unnecessary), or you could make a single separate network with its own controller to manage all the channels in your main network.

Also, I'm not sure if I reported this here already, but the cable supports, when placed horizontally, can be climbed like ladders. They don't negate fall damage, though (at least in the version I tested), only delay it until you touch the ground (or the top of the ladder, if you fell off and climbed back up), so I wouldn't use them in place of actual ladders. Very handy for climbing over your own ME constructions if you build aboveground, though.
Another thing: If you place them on alternating sides of a vertical cable, then remove the cable with a wrench, you can still climb up the supports if you walk into the middle of the space where the cable used to be, but you will go through if you move too far to the side. I'm not sure if anyone will actually find this useful outside of an ugly-looking 2x2 shaft, but I found it interesting.

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
What? You can't run P2P tunnel channels through more P2P tunnels? That surprises me.
Although the idea sounds fun, think about what would happen if you had like 40B concentrated channels running through a single filament of wire: wouldn't that cause drastic electromagnetic shenanigans and inevitably proceed to annihilate... stuff? (At least, IRL?)

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Although the idea sounds fun, think about what would happen if you had like 40B concentrated channels running through a single filament of wire: wouldn't that cause drastic electromagnetic shenanigans and inevitably proceed to annihilate... stuff? (At least, IRL?)
Maybe... either that or cause ridiculous network lag, if the P2P tunnels act as multiplexers, as Omicron suggested somewhere.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Note that this restriction only applies to P2P tunnels transferring channels.
But 1024 potential channels on one line is a pretty good number IMO.