What cool little thing have you discovered today?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Salamileg9

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, well: in 1.6, if you equip the flippers as a squid morph, your velocity increases crazily fast. You can't even hardly turn or stop unless you hit something or take them off. The same thing happens with the hang glider. That's why I was wondering what would happen if one were to put both on at once.
Ah, I'm not playing with Morph, so I'm not aware of that. Good to know.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
There's a crafting recipe for mimichite.

And all things I can make with bees.

Time for a little breeding program, methinks.

Does it still count as a horrid cheaty exploit to use mimicry to double my AE processors if I go to a bit of effort to make renewable mimichite?

:p

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019

Does it still count as a horrid cheaty exploit to use mimicry to double my AE processors if I go to a bit of effort to make renewable mimichite?

Nah man.That's what modded MC is about.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019

The mimichite recipe is actually really easy to even do with magical crops, even. But you didn't hear that from me, because I dislike Magical Crops. Like, unironicly call it OP level dislike. Even if really tweaked, it's still pretty damn OP.
That said, #Apiarist_Master_Race bro.

dothrom

Jul 29, 2019
Today I discovered that once i get a whole bunch of chunks pre-genereated with Prof. Mobious's Admin Command Tools, and then try to play, my performance is actually pretty good in 1.7.10. Hurrah!

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
The mimichite recipe is actually really easy to even do with magical crops, even. But you didn't hear that from me, because I dislike Magical Crops. Like, unironicly call it OP level dislike. Even if really tweaked, it's still pretty damn OP.
That said, #Apiarist_Master_Race bro.

Correctus.

However my ginormous magical crops farm is currently overflowing with previous adventures into renewable resources and I wanted to mess about with gendustry a bit more ;)

Bigpak

Jul 29, 2019
That I feel like a contortionist when setting up mekanism ore processing. I seriously cannot grasp how you are supposed to make that organized and clean.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
That I feel like a contortionist when setting up mekanism ore processing. I seriously cannot grasp how you are supposed to make that organized and clean.

In short, it's all about hiding the underlying infrastructure out of sight.

2014-09-19_22.43.39.png

That's the section of Bloke Towers' machine wall that houses my main Mek processing setup. The pressurized tube with the blue stuff on the left is hydrogen chloride for the injecting factory, then there's a series of autoejects so it goes Inject->Purify->Crush->Enrich then up into the smelter. It's only 4x though. The 5x setup is too untidy and I have Rotarycraft extractors for that bit ;)

The factory to the right of the smelter is the osmium compressor that isn't part of the system.

The underlying STUFF to make oxygen for the purifier and hydrogen chloride for the injector is in the basement, mostly:
2014-09-19_22.49.26.png

You can just see (behind a pile of machinery) the the ExU drums that receive brine from my salination plants in the desert via tesseract. That pile of machines is two different setups, one extracting oxygen from water and the other working brine through two stages to make hydrogen chloride.

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
In short, it's all about hiding the underlying infrastructure out of sight.

View attachment 12948

That's the section of Bloke Towers' machine wall that houses my main Mek processing setup. The pressurized tube with the blue stuff on the left is hydrogen chloride for the injecting factory, then there's a series of autoejects so it goes Inject->Purify->Crush->Enrich then up into the smelter. It's only 4x though. The 5x setup is too untidy and I have Rotarycraft extractors for that bit ;)

The factory to the right of the smelter is the osmium compressor that isn't part of the system.

The underlying STUFF to make oxygen for the purifier and hydrogen chloride for the injector is in the basement, mostly:
View attachment 12949

You can just see (behind a pile of machinery) the the ExU drums that receive brine from my salination plants in the desert via tesseract. That pile of machines is two different setups, one extracting oxygen from water and the other working brine through two stages to make hydrogen chloride.
And this is why I use Refined Relocation. Makes it all so much easier.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Heated redstone generators are a fantastic early to mid game power source. I have a dedicated magical crop farm (MFR) that powers my growing needs with an easily upgradable power source. Love it.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
*Raises hand frantically* OH OH OH OH OH! I found something neat today... Pneumaticcraft is my new favourite way to force people to convert EU to RF/MJ (or vice versa) :D
I mean this in the nicest of ways. I mean if someone wants to convert the two power sources, I have no issues with that. But the energy converters mod is too OP if you ask me (it's too easy: energy consumer->energy bridge->energy producer) whereas pneumaticcraft:
You either have the kinetic generator (to convert RF/MJ)/electric electric compressor (to convert EU) feed into a "pressure system", just an advanced tube will do if you so wish, which will convert the inputted energy type into pressure, which you then convert the pressure into EU (Pneumatic Genetator) or MJ, and then RF (Pneumatic Engine)

Reactions: Pyure