What cool little thing have you discovered today?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
ichor never breaks it lets you see like you had goggles of revealing and makes you breath under water (helm)
it lets you fly infinity for free like creative and makes projectiles miss you every time (chest)
it makes you emit a large area of light and makes fire heal you (leggings)
it lets you jump super high and run super fast (boots)
you take like no damage and have a huge vis discount

I was going to mention how incredibly broken that sounds, but on reflection it's basically not that different to a pimped out powersuit while being a damn sight more expensive

Vswe

Jul 29, 2019
Been playing with a Steve's Carts galgadorian auto miner and I gotta say that I am impressed @Vswe

The drill is great and all, very fast and fun. But the pièce de résistance is the liquid sensor. For those that don't know, this module prevents the cart from drilling in such a way that would cause a fluid hazard i.e. breaching a water pool so that the water flows everywhere and breaks the track.

The first example of how awesome this module is comes here

View attachment 11662

That one stone block next to the coal block I placed (for demo reasons) is the one block preventing a load of oil from falling down onto the track. I thought that the cart would conservatively turn back at the mere threat of flowing fluids but it left enough stone to stop the hazard while leaving space to keep going.

The second example is even more impressive as far as I am concerned. There is another pool down the road above the tunnel. It is in a very gravelly area. In spite of the falling gravel, the cart didn't let the pool spill over. It even avoided drilling some stone that would have caused some gravel to fall leading to a breach.

View attachment 11663

It bridged over that lava too. Steve's Carts is awesome!

Some modules are a bit derpy, this is probably the module that is least derpy. I must say that I'm really satisfied with how it turned out.

Derpysauce

Aug 29, 2013
Ben shapiro
I assume it's expensive as fuck to make though right?
Yep it takes a good hour of prep to create each BASIC piece each piece costing 1-2 nether stars and a lot more
The basic only gives unbreakable armor and vis reduction
It takes another hour of prep to upgrade a piece costing even more about another whole nether star for the full thing with a high chance of screwing up making to restart

So to summarize ITS EXPENSIVE but it is the most powerful armor in FTB history

Reactions: jokermatt999

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Yep it takes a good hour of prep to create each BASIC piece each piece costing 1-2 nether stars and a lot more
The basic only gives unbreakable armor and vis reduction
It takes another hour of prep to upgrade a piece costing even more about another whole nether star for the full thing with a high chance of screwing up making to restart

So to summarize ITS EXPENSIVE but it is the most powerful armor in FTB history
Otherwise known as balanced in most peoples books :3

Reactions: YX33A

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
I was just explaining... I noticed somone posted that it's basically power armor.... I had to rip there head off with education
I know, apologies if it came off as scolding you :<

I was intending to add that so that nobody could refute what you were saying, and also express my delight in a mod that actually balances things

Derpysauce

Aug 29, 2013
Ben shapiro
I know, apologies if it came off as scolding you :<

I was intending to add that so that nobody could refute what you were saying, and also express my delight in a mod that actually balances things
Ok as long as I don't have to rip your head off with education :p

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
I do not care for iridium, for I have power armor. The one thing I want from UU matter is copper ore as that gets eradicated by going through any mod to the top tech. Because IC2 copper ore doesn't show up as it used replaced by te copper, I can't scan it even though I could replicate it. Pretty disappointed that I went through that trouble for something I can't use. the rest of the recipes are ridiculous.

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
flexibility to make anything. but I did finally see what patterns are replicatable. the only one that is not stupid is copper.

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Hmmm. So it is as useless as I think it is. I don't know if I really want to dedicate a large portion of my infrastructure to IC2 anymore....

Derpysauce

Aug 29, 2013
Ben shapiro
Hmmm. So it is as useless as I think it is. I don't know if I really want to dedicate a large portion of my infrastructure to IC2 anymore....
You can dup nether stars so that's automation of that and I have no idea how powerful IC2 made UU matter it's possible that it could dup ichorcloth....

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Well, the energy spent on UU could go towards infrastructure than can produce the same things. Well, Ichorcloth I have no idea. Is that an infusion altar crafting recipe?

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
Well, the energy spent on UU could go towards infrastructure than can produce the same things. Well, Ichorcloth I have no idea. Is that an infusion altar crafting recipe?
It is, and I am right this minute doing ichor crafting right now. I have just spent 8 nether stars and 2 stacks of ghast tears (thank God for magical crops) to get a stack of ichor (the tears were for essentia). Further crafting is required to make ichorcloth and ichorium ingots. Its a combination of infusion crafting and arcane crafting.

Reactions: Mevansuto and YX33A

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
I once heard it described as like bee breeding but without the effort. Here is what the mod boils down to

• Adds some edible crops and some new foods (some of them have effects)
  • Adds powerful indestructible tools and armour that have good enchantability. The hoe can also till a 3*3 area. (There are even a couple of non-standard trinkets which are nice).
  • Loads of nice decorative blocks
  • But most importantly, essence dust
Essence dust is harvested from essence seeds that can be found in the wild. (There is also an ore version). You need to get tons of this stuff and craft it into increasingly refined versions. Using this essence dust you can craft new seeds that can produce a wide variety of raw materials including redstone, most ores, ghast tears and even wither skeleton skulls. The rarer or more valuable the material you are making the seed from the higher grade of essence dust required (which basically means more essence dust). A redstone seed costs 64 essence while a wither skeleton seed needs over 1000 (and you need to have got 4 skulls already).

It is a really good mod although it might not be for everyone balance wise. The crops can be automated and you can use growth accelerators on them, making it possible to get an inordinate amount of materials. I love the mod though and it is one of my favourites.