What cool little thing have you discovered today?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

belgabor

Jul 29, 2019
-Flowing energ. Glowstone and gelid cryotheum create glowstone as flowing lava and water make cobble
-Dumping loads of junk into a crucible will make a temporary thaumic slime spawner and thaumic slimes produce tainted goo, which has the rare vitium aspect.
You're apparently not at the current version of TE. That exploit was fixed.
For goo, grab a tainted animal and stick into a MFR spawner + grinder. More expensive, but less dirty imo =)

That the Random Things "Player Interface" + ME + LP is just as amazing as I had imagined :p
Auto restocking my player inventory with food and torches and getting rid of trash items on the go FTW!
Add in a fully ducked out MPS with auto-feeder and you're almost at the convenience peaceful mode offers. I love it!

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Yeah its rather simple with LP. I used 3 pipes(basic, supplier, provider) to hook it up to my ME network and that was it. All done :p
7bvW7hk.png
Idea: Use a Remote Orderer, too. Now, you can access your whole ME network from anywhere!

Except the auto-crafting. It's too bad that Logipipes can't access the MAC.

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
Been playing with a Steve's Carts galgadorian auto miner and I gotta say that I am impressed @Vswe

The drill is great and all, very fast and fun. But the pièce de résistance is the liquid sensor. For those that don't know, this module prevents the cart from drilling in such a way that would cause a fluid hazard i.e. breaching a water pool so that the water flows everywhere and breaks the track.

The first example of how awesome this module is comes here

2014-06-21_19.09.03.png

That one stone block next to the coal block I placed (for demo reasons) is the one block preventing a load of oil from falling down onto the track. I thought that the cart would conservatively turn back at the mere threat of flowing fluids but it left enough stone to stop the hazard while leaving space to keep going.

The second example is even more impressive as far as I am concerned. There is another pool down the road above the tunnel. It is in a very gravelly area. In spite of the falling gravel, the cart didn't let the pool spill over. It even avoided drilling some stone that would have caused some gravel to fall leading to a breach.

2014-06-21_19.09.28.png

It bridged over that lava too. Steve's Carts is awesome!

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Add in a fully ducked out MPS with auto-feeder and you're almost at the convenience peaceful mode offers. I love it!
Set up that for that exact purpose just for the IC2 Quantum helmet and Canned food :p So yeah it is pretty much creative mode. It will be when I make my GraviChest from Gravisuite :p

Idea: Use a Remote Orderer, too. Now, you can access your whole ME network from anywhere!

Except the auto-crafting. It's too bad that Logipipes can't access the MAC.
Yeah been considering doing that. Just don't know if I feel it all becomes too convenient :p

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Been playing with a Steve's Carts galgadorian auto miner and I gotta say that I am impressed @Vswe

The drill is great and all, very fast and fun. But the pièce de résistance is the liquid sensor. For those that don't know, this module prevents the cart from drilling in such a way that would cause a fluid hazard i.e. breaching a water pool so that the water flows everywhere and breaks the track.

The first example of how awesome this module is comes here

View attachment 11662

That one stone block next to the coal block I placed (for demo reasons) is the one block preventing a load of oil from falling down onto the track. I thought that the cart would conservatively turn back at the mere threat of flowing fluids but it left enough stone to stop the hazard while leaving space to keep going.

The second example is even more impressive as far as I am concerned. There is another pool down the road above the tunnel. It is in a very gravelly area. In spite of the falling gravel, the cart didn't let the pool spill over. It even avoided drilling some stone that would have caused some gravel to fall leading to a breach.

View attachment 11663

It bridged over that lava too. Steve's Carts is awesome!
Ok, time to get Steve's Cart's again. That's actually pretty slick.

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
IC2 exp is such a bad idea, it takes 3 months to break even on the amount of resources it takes to get to the point where you can start recouping the investment.

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Meh, I only IC2 for quantum. I like tech over magic, and the cyber-warrior look of quantum/nano over how boring bound armour looks.

IC2 has gotten needlessly PITA in terms of crafting. Hammer this, scissor shit, hammer this twice, scissor again, find out that a lot of recipes are fucked with NBT, so none of the items that require charge and have a charge bar works in the crafting recipes. GG m8

Derpysauce

Aug 29, 2013
Ben shapiro
Meh, I only IC2 for quantum. I like tech over magic, and the cyber-warrior look of quantum/nano over how boring bound armour looks.

IC2 has gotten needlessly PITA in terms of crafting. Hammer this, scissor shit, hammer this twice, scissor again, find out that a lot of recipes are fucked with NBT, so none of the items that require charge and have a charge bar works in the crafting recipes. GG m8
I like quantum.. but I love ichor

Reactions: pizzawolf14

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013

I love the PITA recipes. Gives me a really good reason to use AE :p
But yeah the NEI recipe bugs are a bit annoying, but hardly a problem. Just craft an item first and use to make AE patterns etc.

Reactions: Beeze23 and Pyure

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
I love the PITA recipes. Gives me a really good reason to use AE :p
But yeah the NEI recipe bugs are a bit annoying, but hardly a problem. Just craft an item first and use to make AE patterns etc.
How do you get over the recipe bugs, without cheating items in?

Yeah, AE is the next step, been trying to force myself to get used to organizing things by hand. AE has been a crutch for me, and really put to light my inability to manually manage my inventory.

I like quantum.. but I love ichor

What does Ichor do? I assume that's TTKami right? Bound armour, runic armour, ichor[ic] armour?

Compare and contrast.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Ehm kinda depends on which bugs we are talking about now. If it is the bug in NEI with recipes calling for items with chargelevels with different :XXXXX values than they should, then this bug is only in recipes that need the item, not in recipes that make the item. So if there is a problem with a battery in a recipe, you can just craft that battery first and then use that battery to fill in the Patterns etc.

But if we are talking about those few recipes that are completely bugged and cannot be crafted, then this is the only fix:
http://forum.industrial-craft.net/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=10433

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, I'm talking about crafting nano/some of the tools. You put all the required components into crafting grid and nothing appears in the outslot. It's because the recipes are programed to use items that don't contain an NBT which describes its charge. i.e. No charge bar batteries, or in this case nightvision helmet/energy crystal.

Or it could be metadata, I am not sure where which charge is stored in.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Oh, I'm talking about crafting nano/some of the tools. You put all the required components into crafting grid and nothing appears in the outslot. It's because the recipes are programed to use items that don't contain an NBT which describes its charge. i.e. No charge bar batteries, or in this case nightvision helmet/energy crystal.

Or it could be metadata, I am not sure where which charge is stored in.
Yeah if you go to the link I posted you will see that the NanoSuit helmet is one of the bugged recipes fixed by that minimod. Sadly this is what we are left with after the dev team decided to just shift to 1.7 in the middle of development. But I am using that minimod myself and it works just perfectly.

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Well, it's fine that they did so. I myself would feel incomplete leaving a version finalized like that though. I don't think the fix would be difficult, since crafting with NBT is a really common thing nowadays.

Derpysauce

Aug 29, 2013
Ben shapiro

Yeah, AE is the next step, been trying to force myself to get used to organizing things by hand. AE has been a crutch for me, and really put to light my inability to manually manage my inventory.

What does Ichor do? I assume that's TTKami right? Bound armour, runic armour, ichor[ic] armour?

Compare and contrast.
ichor never breaks it lets you see like you had goggles of revealing and makes you breath under water (helm)
it lets you fly infinity for free like creative and makes projectiles miss you every time (chest)
it makes you emit a large area of light and makes fire heal you (leggings)
it lets you jump super high and run super fast (boots)
you take like no damage and have a huge vis discount