What cool little thing have you discovered today?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Beeze23

Jul 29, 2019
(Well, this was yesterday, but...)
I had an unpleasant surprise in my survival world on the Direwolf20 modpack, that I am going to have to make a Glacial Precipitator if I ever want to make a projectile spell.

Or if you're playing one of the the DW20 versions that has Witchery, just chop grass until you find some snowbell seeds.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
I had an unpleasant surprise in my survival world on the Direwolf20 modpack, that I am going to have to make a Glacial Precipitator if I ever want to make a projectile spell.
No you don't. You can create snowballs with IC2 by compressing a water cell.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
I've had a similar issue before, couldn't get snow to drop snowballs. Removed a handful of mods and it started working again, IIRC. Did you add any mods to the pack you're using?

eric167

Jul 29, 2019
I think the point of the demo was that instead of trying to lump an entire tree-chop into one action, it now recurses over a (shortish) period of time.

That said, even grouping the sacred entities that fall, I gotta imagine they're gonna smash your cpu to some degree or other.
reika has said the default cut radius is 30.
still a c***ton of wood, but *shouldn't* crash out.
someone test.

Moasseman

Jul 29, 2019
I've discovered that some villagers have ran out of *beeps* to give.
rOp4rX9.png

Reactions: Narc and Beeze23

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
I've discovered that some villagers have ran out of *beeps* to give.
rOp4rX9.png
What is going on in that world? Is that a Mystcraft world? Glass spheres says "probablunk". That said, seen that sorta thing before. I once saw a village in the ocean. I lied. See those quite often. Each house stands alone, crops unused, and no one leaves their house.

That said, that house is pretty abnormal. Mostly because it's on top of a glass sphere high above the ground. That dude could start a new village and their toilets would drain onto the lower village.

Moasseman

Jul 29, 2019
What the actual fuck is going on in that world? Is that a Mystcraft world? Glass spheres says "probablunk". That said, seen that sorta thing before. I once saw a village in the ocean. I lied. See those quite often. Each house stands alone, crops unused, and no one leaves their house.

That said, that house is pretty abnormal. Mostly because it's on top of a glass sphere high above the ground. That dude could start a new village and their toilets would drain onto the lower village.
It is indeed a mystcraft world. I wanted a flat desert to live in, but since the current grammar system requires at least 1 terrain alteration, I decided to go with spheres made of glass.

E: also, not really visible on the shot, but because a "village" is always shaped like a sphere and this 1 house in the skies kinda distorts the village shape, few of the buildings on the ground are elevated (they have piles of cobble below em) to fit into the village =D

LunaticMiner

Jul 29, 2019
I've had a similar issue before, couldn't get snow to drop snowballs. Removed a handful of mods and it started working again, IIRC. Did you add any mods to the pack you're using?
No... I just spawned in an area with no snow, in a massive desert with a forest on one side, extreme hills on the other, and i'm far too lazy and under-equipped to go on a long exploring expedition, especially just to grab something like snow.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
No... I just spawned in an area with no snow, in a massive desert with a forest on one side, extreme hills on the other, and i'm far too lazy and under-equipped to go on a long exploring expedition, especially just to grab something like snow.
Ah, I see. Shame Direworf20 doesn't have Witchery in his pack, eh? #Witchery_Master_Race #Hashtag #Hashtag_in_a_#Hashtag #Hashtagcetion #Will_This_Ever_Get_Old?

xSINZx

Jul 29, 2019
What the actual fuck is going on in that world? Is that a Mystcraft world? Glass spheres says "probablunk". That said, seen that sorta thing before. I once saw a village in the ocean. I lied. See those quite often. Each house stands alone, crops unused, and no one leaves their house.

Ok... So you just do it everywhere!!!!!!!!

Beeze23

Jul 29, 2019
Nice to hear. Now if he'd pick up the pace, he may catch my interest again before hell freezes over(aka the Maple Leafs win the Stanly Cup).[DOUBLEPOST=1403265672][/DOUBLEPOST]
...Sure is summer in here...

I find his LP's a bit dry for my liking, but I've never been one for video tutorials on *anything* -- I prefer written out stuff.

Reactions: YX33A

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
I find his LP's a bit dry for my liking, but I've never been one for video tutorials on *anything* -- I prefer written out stuff.
So do I. He isn't the same anymore. Sure, he was never a colorful character, but that always suited him. Now? Now... he's bland. Tasteless. He doesn't even really change his game up. The AgS playthrough he's doing is a smart thing, it'll force him to reinvent his style, assuming he didn't just add a couple mods to make it "possible for him". And his ForgeCraft server play is interesting, but not as interesting as just watching literally anyone else there.
I'll see if I can't find the "Canadian's vs the world in temperature" image...

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
And it's not even summer yet, officially....

As per the DW20 pack/vids, I find the tutorials he does informative, just a lot of them are now outdated (sadface.gif)
I'm actually starting a DW20 server for my friends and I to play on to get them hooked on modded MC.
I find the pack is fairly balanced and the easier one to get into for people who are new to modded MC because it's not overloaded with so many
mods you don't know where to start.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
And it's not even summer yet, officially....

As per the DW20 pack/vids, I find the tutorials he does informative, just a lot of them are now outdated (sadface.gif)
I'm actually starting a DW20 server for my friends and I to play on to get them hooked on modded MC.
I find the pack is fairly balanced and the easier one to get into for people who are new to modded MC because it's not overloaded with so many
mods you don't know where to start.
I know, but summer posters don't always wait for summer to start.

That said, the good that Direwolf20 has done for Modded Minecraft can not be overstated. He's bought untold numbers of people here would have never even considered playing Minecraft at all, let alone with a bunch of mods. And while I moan about how Direworf20 is deader then a fish on the surface of a neutron star far too often, Direwolf20 isn't bad. I guess... It's like when I was a kid, I was obsessed with Lego and Yoshi's. I wanted to pretend I was a Yoshi with my friends and build Lego when I wasn't play with them. He's... Babies First Modded Minecraft, really. And I feel bad, because I've gotten too... "Mature", to enjoy him much anymore.

But fuck this Self-Inspection and deep thinking. I've got a village to make on top of a bunch of Redwood Trees and countless villagers to melt into emeralds! And Booze to get! Then drink! Then maybe even pass out in the sewers! And Meet a Giant Fish! And Fuck It's Brains OUT! Turn into a JET! Bomb the Russians! Fly into the SUN! And I died!

Player1223423342 tried to go literally sun-bathing
You are in Hardcore Mode. Game Over, Man.

Reactions: ljfa and Adonis0

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
You missed an opportunity here. I'll fix it for you.
But fuck this Self-Inspection and deep thinking. I've got a village to make on top of a bunch of Redwood Trees and countless villagers to melt into emeralds! And Booze to get! Then drink! Then maybe even pass out in the sewers! And Meet a Giant Fish! And Fuck It's Brains OUT! Turn into a JET! Bomb the Russians! Then play Minecraft!

Reactions: YX33A